seahawk9

Pre-season new uniform thoughts

I really dig that little black stripe on their socks.

Ahhh that's right, I remember them wearing the white a bunch during pre-season.

While we're on the topic of Eagles: I love their black jerseys, anyone know if they're wearing them this year? Most people hate them, but I think they look pretty badass.

I assume so, they've worn 'em every year lately once or twice it seems. I don't care too much for the black jersey, as it doesn't look appreciably different from the dark green ones on TV other than up close shots. And it doesn't go well with the helmet.

I know I stand alone when I say this, but I liked those throwbacks they wore a couple seasons ago with the light blue and yellow.

I love Detroit's uniforms for the most part. The helmet stripe is too thin, as many have said, and they really need to just get some freaking blue facemasks! The numbers are awesome in my opinion. The field logo and script looked to be almost navy blue though...i dunno why that is, but some teams havnt really put a lot of work into the field for preseason (packers)

San Fran's are great, I do not care what people say. Yeah the helmet logo does not quite go with it all, but I think the average fan wont even notice. The new colors are outstanding, and the sleeve stripe really does not bother me that much. The facemask could be red...I think that would take that uniform a long way. Also, Candlestick needs to re do the walls and field art with the new brand!! gawsh...

Jag's uniforms are not as good, I'm saying that right now even before tonight. Terrible terrible excuse of a redesign!!

I love the Browns pants, but they need stripes.

I like everything except the Lions' numbers. Too fancy. Why not block numbers? (Well, I know why not, they're not allowed anymore, but something closer to block numbers?)

I actually really dig the new Lions duds. They finally got the update right, and I love the stripe consistency from sleeves to pants/helmet. Font don't look bad either.

The Niners, not so much. The different shades of gold form helmet to pants bother me, and I REALLY don't like how the updated logo looks on the throwback helmet-the black outline just throws the whole uniform off. It worked somehow on the originals, maybe because it didn't have the gold outline as well.

I also just can't get past the asinine sleeve stripe-they HAVE ROOM FOR THE WHOLE THING if they just move it up!! Why do they need to cut it off at the bottom? Ridiculous.

It doesn't look deliberate, just looks like bad planning at the factory.

Watching the Giants Panthers game right now and the new "prototype" jerseys the Giants are wearing look VASTLY different then the jerseys they wore before. The style of the jersey is exactly the same as before (Minus one small detail I'll get to later), so that's not the difference, but there's something about the look that shows a pretty noticeable difference. On the whites I could barely tell the difference between the old jerseys and the prototypes, but the blues really stand out. I actually think the form fitting look makes the Giants set look a lot better. That and the Blue seems much more pronounced. The only thing I don't like is that they removed the red triangle where the NFL Equipment logo used to be and dropped it down an inch or so. The reason I don't like that is because it gives the home jersey the exact same problem as the road jersey in that it's completely devoid of one of their primary colors. Luckily though the rest of the set helps compensate really well, and both of the jerseys look really good anyway so it's not too big of a problem.

Something about the nameplates seems different. I think they got rid of the rounded ends and went back to the rectangular style. For some reason the names look smaller, whereas the Raiders' names looked bigger. Might have been an optical illusion.

Also...the Reebok vector logo isn't white. It's a lighter shade of blue, so it's not as noticeable. But on at least one player it looks to be on the front of the shoulders instead of at the top of the sleeve.

Regarding the name plates, it looked to me sorta like that the letters were directly printed to the jersey and not on a plate, but maybe I'm not looking too closely at that.

Also I saw highlights of the Jaguars new look, and I ain't noticing the teal/black effect on the helmets. Which is a shame, because that was the only part of their new look I liked and it seems like that it's way too much black without that effect.

Jags look like crap. From the normal TV camera distance, you'd swear their colors are black and white... no teal is even noticeable.

Yep, I thought the same thing -- black and white. Looked just like the old Jaguars, which looked just like some other teams, which is why the owner claimed they were changing -- "so you know it's the Jaguars." Guess that didn't work out for them. Too bad. Should have played up the teal.

The Lions I like. The logo upgrade really helps me ignore the drawbacks. I'm more of a block number fan, but I can forgive that custom font. What still bugs me is the sleeve striping on the blue jerseys. It still doesn't work for me. But overall it seems like an improvement. That seemingly brighter (throwback?) blue might be helping, too. But maybe it was just a night game thing? Lions probably don't play too many of those.

The 49ers I just don't get. I'm a Cowboys fan and I can admit the colors need to be standardized, but for the 49ers to purposely create a similar mess at this point? Bad. I don't think they need a gold outline on the jersey numbers or anything, but the colors should match. The helmet logo really is a different red? And the stripes, again, are a mess.

I'd like to let the 49ers mismatching golds, unnecessary black in helmet logo, and sleeve stripes ruin it for me, but I just can't. I really, really like their new (old) set. Sure, a few changes would make it perfect, which is admittedly a little frustrating, but it doesn't ruin their look. At least not in my eyes.

Jags look like crap. From the normal TV camera distance, you'd swear their colors are black and white... no teal is even noticeable.

Yep, I thought the same thing -- black and white. Looked just like the old Jaguars, which looked just like some other teams, which is why the owner claimed they were changing -- "so you know it's the Jaguars." Guess that didn't work out for them. Too bad. Should have played up the teal.

The Lions I like. The logo upgrade really helps me ignore the drawbacks. I'm more of a block number fan, but I can forgive that custom font. What still bugs me is the sleeve striping on the blue jerseys. It still doesn't work for me. But overall it seems like an improvement. That seemingly brighter (throwback?) blue might be helping, too. But maybe it was just a night game thing? Lions probably don't play too many of those.

The 49ers I just don't get. I'm a Cowboys fan and I can admit the colors need to be standardized, but for the 49ers to purposely create a similar mess at this point? Bad. I don't think they need a gold outline on the jersey numbers or anything, but the colors should match. The helmet logo really is a different red? And the stripes, again, are a mess.

Lions play indoors... night, day, it just don't matter.

Philly has typically worn all white in the preseason the past couple years.

I can't stand that look, as I'm an anti-all-white football uniform guy.

The white jersey over green pants is one of my all time favorite road unis.

Right. Since they modified their uniform for the 2003 season, they've worn the white on white in the preseason (not exclusively, but most of the time.) I'm not sure if they actually wore it in a game since first two of '03, but if so it was only once or twice.

Prior to the '03 mods ('96 - '02) they mostly wore white on white on the road, with white on green during road night games. Those green pants had only a single solid black stripe, and looked really bad. The current greens are far superior.

I think the last time the Eagles wore the all-white look in a regular season game was against Green Bay in the season opener in 2007.

looks like the Dolphins are the latest team to switch to black cleats.. don't know about this switch

I see the Giants change their fron collar. No more red where their NFL Equipment use to be. The movrf NFL logo down right above the NY logo

Anybody else notice that the Miami Dolphins appear to have jumped on the "black cleats" bandwagon?

Absolute TRAGEDY.

Can you make out the teal glitter in the Jag's helmets? Anyone got a game pic?

b062748a5225bc6de83a831f39f90147-ge.jpg

You can see it

EDIT: Also, has anyone noticed more of those crazy new helmets? I only saw a few Giants wear them last year. I bet Optimus Prime would wear that style if he played football.