seahawk9

Pre-season new uniform thoughts

Can you make out the teal glitter in the Jag's helmets? Anyone got a game pic?

b062748a5225bc6de83a831f39f90147-ge.jpg

You can see it

EDIT: Also, has anyone noticed more of those crazy new helmets? I only saw a few Giants wear them last year. I bet Optimus Prime would wear that style if he played football.

I just want to know who the nimbkumpoop was who thought that shiny, glittery, two-tone metallic chameleon helmets would look good with flat matte pants.

And, just to add to and reconfirm what I thought upon first sight of this newfangled Jaguar look...on its own, it doesn't look so bad, but when compared to the look they just scrapped, at least this road version, considering what I know and have known of their branding identity, to include colors and all...it just ain't working for me.

But that's just my opinion.

Another shot of the Jags unis...not bad in my mind, looking forward to see the home ones.

a00aea78e57a721b089975eb8b5eda28-getty-88187254db020_jacksonville_.jpg

I really love the Jags helmet. It's just a great idea.

But I agree with the sentiment shared here about the uniforms. It isn't a bad look, it's just far inferior look to their predecessors.

Can you make out the teal glitter in the Jag's helmets? Anyone got a game pic?

b062748a5225bc6de83a831f39f90147-ge.jpg

You can see it

EDIT: Also, has anyone noticed more of those crazy new helmets? I only saw a few Giants wear them last year. I bet Optimus Prime would wear that style if he played football.

I think the stripes on the jersey on the jersey are cool, but I'm not sold on the pants.

The crazy new helmets are the Revolution Speed. They came out last year, I think. I like them because they look less freakish then the regular revo's. I just wish they would tone down the facemasks a tad

This is Wayne Weaver's idea of emphasizing teal in his team's look. Consider that, and you start to understand how the rest of the history of the Jaguars franchise has come to pass.

Also, learn how to wear a belt, you friggin' stroke.

This is Wayne Weaver's idea of emphasizing teal in his team's look. Consider that, and you start to understand how the rest of the history of the Jaguars franchise has come to pass.

+1 I love how their socks need to be the perfect length or they get fined but they don't need to wear a belt.

They're playing football.....not walking a runway in Paris. :rolleyes:

From a distance, I honestly couldn't tell a difference between the new Jags uniforms and the old ones. But they really need more teal on the away uniform. At least teal numbers. The striping down the side isn't bad, but it's not good either. I liked the old uniforms better, they at least had some gold too.

Where's the TEAL ?????????? I can't tell if these are the Ravens of Jaguars. TOO much Black. And what was the point in adding teal flakes to the black helmet ? Barly noticable up close and don't even notice it from a distance so what was the point ???????

Where's the TEAL ?????????? I can't tell if these are the Ravens of Jaguars. TOO much Black. And what was the point in adding teal flakes to the black helmet ? Barly noticable up close and don't even notice it from a distance so what was the point ???????

The helmets won't really "pop" until the sun hits it during day games.

The Jags colors are teal and black. They wear teal at home. They wear black on the road. Its not too hard to figure.

Its just not professional. That silly "hook" around the back? Its OK (sorta) for second level college teams, but the NFL has standards... or at least should.

Solid dark pants = high school. And that "barely there" little swoop on the pants doesn't change that.

Bad look.

Woah! Easy, tiger.

Aside from the glittery two-toned helmet, the Jags' new gear isn't all that bad. It's only when you compare it to what the Jaguars wore before are the new uniforms are they a bit painful to look at.

I don't know why the Jags even bothered including teal in their road uniforms. You can't see it on TV.

The helmets won't really "pop" until the sun hits it during day games.

The Jags colors are teal and black. They wear teal at home. They wear black on the road. Its not too hard to figure.

The Jaguars PRIMARY color is teal. SECONDARY color is black. The Primay color should take prominence over seconday colors on both home and road uniforms.

I really like the jags new uniforms. At first I didn't but they just look really nice and simple in action.

I don't get why people say these look like high school uniforms. High school teams don't use modern designs like these until after an NFL team uses it. Just like high school teams will use a uniform similar to the Steelers (like mine is this year) or use Northwestern stripes on their jerseys. It seems like saying they look like high school uniforms is just a way to say that you don't like modern uniforms.