Pre-season new uniform thoughts

seahawk9

I hate the Jags roads.

I've always admired teams that do something wrong jersey-wise, then make a transition over a couple of years to a different look, usually after a fan outcry. I think teams like the Cardinals have done that with their red pants and in other sports it looks like the Sabres are making a transition.

But my point is, I hope Jaguars fans call for teal based unis, I want to see them introduce teal pants on the road, then gradually use them more and more until the black pants are gone. I don't mind the helmets but I agree with Bucco, they look stupid when used with drab, flat pants.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While we're scrapping over solid dark pants, how hard would it be for one of you graphics wizards to Photoshop some gold-white-gold stripes onto a pair of Saints pants in a present-day pic? Sure seems they'd look a lot better but maybe that's just in my head. B)

Obviously they'd look similar to these but there are significant differences between this set and the current unis. This pic also answers why mismatched golds are such a sore subject with Saints fans. That's about 30 years ago and it's a cornucopia of mismatches, the pants stripes vs. sock stripes being the best example.

aabf025_archie-manning-photofile-posters.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Lions new duds in action....

T1_0816_staffordrobbins.jpg

That helmet reminds me a lot of this helmet.

baltimore-stallions.gifStallions1.jpg

Baltimore Stallions.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

While we're scrapping over solid dark pants, how hard would it be for one of you graphics wizards to Photoshop some gold-white-gold stripes onto a pair of Saints pants in a present-day pic? Sure seems they'd look a lot better but maybe that's just in my head. B)

Obviously they'd look similar to these but there are significant differences between this set and the current unis. This pic also answers why mismatched golds are such a sore subject with Saints fans. That's about 30 years ago and it's a cornucopia of mismatches, the pants stripes vs. sock stripes being the best example.

aabf025_archie-manning-photofile-posters.jpg

You put a thin black stripe on each side of the white stripe going down the pants...and you basically have the Packers' current set, with the 1960s socks.

And for the love of God, Saints, ditch the all-black pants and wear the gold ones full-time. Good look on with the white roads, AWESOME with the black home jerseys.

(And while you're at it, decide whether you wear white or dark at home and STICK WITH IT. You too, Philly...Washington...)

Now on Facebook. And Twitter.

Always loved this Stallions set...

Agreed.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I like the Jags new helmet. I like the jersey design as well. But, like most here, I think they needed to go with alot more teal on the roads.

As for SF, I was excited when I heard they were going old school, but when I saw them it made me realize how nice the ones they've used up until this year were.

Anyone know if the Bears are back to the blue pants full-time on the road? Why are they so inconsistent with this? 2006, they went back and forth. 2007, all blue. 2008, all white.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Anyone know if the Bears are back to the blue pants full-time on the road? Why are they so inconsistent with this? 2006, they went back and forth. 2007, all blue. 2008, all white.

They haven't been consistent with the road pants since Wanny got the boot, have they? I realize that the white-on-white is the look of Sayers and Butkus, but those navy pants complete the look so much more nicely.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I recall them only wearing all white in domes the last year, or so.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

I recall them only wearing all white in domes the last year, or so.

What I remember from last year was all-white on the road and blue pants when they wore white jerseys at home (which was only once, maybe twice.)

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Anybody else digging the Rams white pants. I know we have discussed this before but I like the Rams with the white pants home and away. The White pants provide a nice clean,crisp and sharper look as opposed to the dull Gold pants. I don't mind the Blue pants either but you know what my complaint is with those......They must be paired with a white striped sock.

Anybody else digging the Rams white pants. I know we have discussed this before but I like the Rams with the white pants home and away. The White pants provide a nice clean,crisp and sharper look as opposed to the dull Gold pants. I don't mind the Blue pants either but you know what my complaint is with those......They must be paired with a white striped sock.

I think the Rams look perfect in solid gold pants. They're the only NFL team I can think of right now that can pull off the non-striped look.

I get what you mean about them looking dull, but I think that's just because they play in a lousy dome. When they wear the dark jerseys and gold pants outside, they look great. I also think that the gold pants are the best option for their white jerseys too.

The blue pants would work well with the white jerseys, but they should have a solid gold stripe either bordered by thin white stripes, or have one solid gold stripe with one thin white stripe (so it'd look like the shoulder design on the navy jersey.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think the Rams look perfect in solid gold pants. They're the only NFL team I can think of right now that can pull off the non-striped look.

I get what you mean about them looking dull, but I think that's just because they play in a lousy dome. When they wear the dark jerseys and gold pants outside, they look great. I also think that the gold pants are the best option for their white jerseys too.

The blue pants would work well with the white jerseys, but they should have a solid gold stripe either bordered by thin white stripes, or have one solid gold stripe with one thin white stripe (so it'd look like the shoulder design on the navy jersey.)

I agree with pretty much all this. Not only do I dislike the white pants because they make no sense with the gold numbers, I hate the stripe they use. weirdly thick gold bordered by weirdly thin navy? Whaaaa?

Archived