Pre-season new uniform thoughts

seahawk9

I noticed that Dolphins had a metallic look to their helmets last night. (Or it could have been the rain....i dont have HD. :cry: )

The Dolphins have had a pearl finish (a very fine metallic finish) on their helmets for a few years now, and their decals/stripes are metalic as well. As for the other white shell teams, the Cardinals also have the pearl finish and the Colts use a plain shell. I'm not sure about the Jets - for a number of years they had a plain shell but last season it seemed like they had the pearl finish (I didn't have HD last year but I have it now).

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two bits of good news from this weekend (so far):

Rams in Gold pants.

Thank god about that. I can't stand the navy pants or the white pants with the god awful gold stripe down the side they've been using for years now. Go back to gold fulltime and let that be the end of it.

Gold pants on a man walking down the street.....highly questionable

Gold pants on a football player carrying a football while bursting through a hole.....delightful

Yes. That was a nice suprise seeing those beautiful striped socks back again.

And I know I said last week the Rams looked sharp in the white pants but I'm going to take that back after seeing them in the gold pants the other night it just looks right and also looked better under the lights than with the usual Dome lighting at home.

I actually have the new Jaguars new proline helmet, and the teal glitter is really only noticeable when light is shined directly on the helmet (out in the sun, spotlight, etc). I have to say it looks really nice, and they included the effect on the facemask as well.

Kevin

Is it a full size helmet? or a mini helmet? I have been wanting to buy one, but I can find any online.

If you could link me to what you bought, that would be great!

Watching a replay of the Eagles-Jags game on NFLN, it is REALLY hard to see the Jaguars tongue on the helmet. I almost thought it wasn't there, but then I saw the pics on the previous page.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Well,it looks like the Broncos are wearing the orange jersey tonight vs da Bears.

Best unis of the night were on a couple shown entering Invesco during the broadcast lead-in. They were wearing bonnets, Cutler jerseys, and diapers. They had pacifiers too IIRC. :D

On a different note, what's with Fav-ruh's Vikings jersey? Looks like they grabbed a 3XL off the rack in the pro shop before the game. It's just ridiculously loose.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Can you make out the teal glitter in the Jag's helmets? Anyone got a game pic?

b062748a5225bc6de83a831f39f90147-ge.jpg

You can see it

EDIT: Also, has anyone noticed more of those crazy new helmets? I only saw a few Giants wear them last year. I bet Optimus Prime would wear that style if he played football.

I just want to know who the nimbkumpoop was who thought that shiny, glittery, two-tone metallic chameleon helmets would look good with flat matte pants.

I agree totally. The helmet just really really irks the crap out of me. If you want to integrate this 2-tone helmet thing do it all-out. And will somebody give these guys some stripes? They wear the black pants/socks combo and its just dreary and boring. Pump up the teal, throw some gold in there, create an identity already!

Well,it looks like the Broncos are wearing the orange jersey tonight vs da Bears.

Best unis of the night were on a couple shown entering Invesco during the broadcast lead-in. They were wearing bonnets, Cutler jerseys, and diapers. They had pacifiers too IIRC. :D

They came to the stadium looking stupid and they left the stadium looking more stupid.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Anybody else hear this? The Giants will wear the road pants with the Blue jerseys if and when they have to wear the Blue jersyes on the road. I guess it was in one Paul Lukas's Blog entries in July

Paul Lukas' UniWatch blog Friday (17 July) had his visit to the Giants' facility and equipment manager Joe Skiba- who confirmed the red alternates are no more and the Giants will wear their road gray pants when they wear their blue jerseys in away games this coming season.

Anybody else hear this? The Giants will wear the road pants with the Blue jerseys if and when they have to wear the Blue jersyes on the road. I guess it was in one Paul Lukas's Blog entries in July

Paul Lukas' UniWatch blog Friday (17 July) had his visit to the Giants' facility and equipment manager Joe Skiba- who confirmed the red alternates are no more and the Giants will wear their road gray pants when they wear their blue jerseys in away games this coming season.

All of which begs the question: why even have two sets of virtually identical pants, anyway? Would one set really be missed if they were to scrap one?

On an entirely different note, after having seen the recaps of the Bears/Broncos game this morning, one thing has been reconfirmed in my mind--okay, two: one, pro sports in general has become entirely too reliant on navy, and two, the Donks need to go ahead and designate that orange jersey as their primaries. Those shirts provide for so much more visual interest...and it pairs with (what are currently) the road pants so nicely (of course). Really, I'd think that the team that once carried the vaunted nickname "Orange Crush" would and should do anything in their power to play up that part of their color scheme.

/mini-rant

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On an entirely different note, after having seen the recaps of the Bears/Broncos game this morning, one thing has been reconfirmed in my mind--okay, two: one, pro sports in general has become entirely too reliant on navy, and two, the Donks need to go ahead and designate that orange jersey as their primaries. Those shirts provide for so much more visual interest...and it pairs with (what are currently) the road pants so nicely (of course). Really, I'd think that the team that once carried the vaunted nickname "Orange Crush" would and should do anything in their power to play up that part of their color scheme.

/mini-rant

Yes, I totally agree. In fact, if they were to de-Nikefy the swooshes and go with real stripes everywhere, that would be an awesome set...

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I was at the Lions game. The helmets are definetely brighter. I like the shade of Honolulu blue on the new uniforms. The number font is growing on me. The new logo is being pushed on merchandise big time. They even had a merchandise stand outside (that was doing a brisk business) setup on the street between Ford Field and Comerica Park.

I don't like the new stripes either, they should've never messed with them!

Watching a replay of the Eagles-Jags game on NFLN, it is REALLY hard to see the Jaguars tongue on the helmet. I almost thought it wasn't there, but then I saw the pics on the previous page.

What they've done is taken their gloss black helmet, applied the helmet logo, then have a clear coat paint mixed with tiny teal metellic flakes sprayed OVER the helmet, logo, and facemask. The clear coat paint overcoat DULLS the logo so is does not pop out visually any longer so the teal tongue does not look as clear as it once did. Watched the game in sunlight conditions and really can't tell the teal sparkle effect from a distance.

Archived