Players Who Have Been on Both Sides of a Rivalry

rmackman

How big of a rivalry was Caps-Pens before Ovechkin and Crosby though?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...9050103793.html

They've played each other 7 times in the playoffs, and were in the same division for 11 years. That's been a rivalry for a while now. If anything, Ovechkin & Crosby are just heating the rivalry up.

Β 

Β 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some pretty random "rivalries" being posted, so I'll try to stick to some more popular ones.

Michael Ryder - Montreal to Boston

MRyderHabs.jpgRyderBos.jpg

Bobby Holik - New Jersey to NY Rangers

HolikNJ.jpgholikNYR.jpg

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Β 

Β 

Deion Sanders was a master of jumping across rivalry lines.

Coming out of college, Deion started his career with the Atlanta Falcons.

nfl_g_sanders_260.jpg

And as soon as his contract was up, he bolted for division rival San Francisco (Remember that the 49ers and Falcons used to be in the same division? Yeah, it took me a while too.)

sanders.gif

He then jumped ship to the team that probably kept the 49ers from winning a couple more Super Bowls in the early 90s, the Dallas Cowboys.

sanders21.jpg

From there, he high-stepped his way to Washington, to play for the Cowboys' mortal enemies, the Redskins.

s_sanders_i.jpg

Was he done? Most people would be, but Neon Deion still had one more trick up his non-elastic sleeve. The obvious choice would have been to stick with another NFC East team, but as that option wasn't available, he took the next-best option and went to the team that dares challenge the Redskins for a fan base, the Baltimore Ravens.

NFLF-Deion_Sanders_102404.jpg

Pretty big.

The pens and caps met in the playoffs 7 times in 10 years (90-91 thru 00-01), with the pens losing once, despite trailing 6 of the meetings. When both teams fell to the basement of the NHL, the rivalry receded, until recently with the Malkin/Crosby vs. Ovechkin player rivalry and their instant-classic 8th playoff series in this past playoffs (another pens comeback win).

The fact that it died out a bit recently and is presently bigger than it ever was (id say its bigger than the Pens-Flyers rivalry now) makes the old days of the rivalry seem not as big, but it was a considerable rivalry then nonetheless. Jagr going to Washington certainly didn't make it any easier for pens fans to forgive him for his attitude before he left.

oBIgzrL.png

Pretty big.

The pens and caps met in the playoffs 7 times in 10 years (90-91 thru 00-01), with the pens losing once, despite trailing 6 of the meetings. When both teams fell to the basement of the NHL, the rivalry receded, until recently with the Malkin/Crosby vs. Ovechkin player rivalry and their instant-classic 8th playoff series in this past playoffs (another pens comeback win).

The fact that it died out a bit recently and is presently bigger than it ever was (id say its bigger than the Pens-Flyers rivalry now) makes the old days of the rivalry seem not as big, but it was a considerable rivalry then nonetheless. Jagr going to Washington certainly didn't make it any easier for pens fans to forgive him for his attitude before he left.

Yeah, I kinda became a fan of both teams between the turn of the century and the re-heating of the rivalry. I'm glad I got to Mellon Arena in Crosby's "early days".

6fQjS3M.png

Cardinals Cubs:

Aaron Miles

Jason Marquis

Jim Edmonds

Todd Zeile

Dennis Eckersley

Lee Smith

Gary Gaetti

John Mabry

Shawon Dunston

Todd Wellenmeyer

and of course...

Lou Brock

there are ton more from that rivalry.

From there, he high-stepped his way to Washington, to play for the Cowboys' mortal enemies, the Redskins.

s_sanders_i.jpg

That never happened. It was all an elaborate illusion. Few people know that he was actually replaced by another assclown who looked suspiciously similar. Why? No one is certain. Unfortunately, the plan backfired horrendously, and this stand-in assclown ran off with millions of completely unearned dollars, never to be seen again.

spacer.png

Rick Pitino

1021rp.jpg

RickPitino1.jpg

He's coached for both Kentucky and Louisville. And he cheated on his wife, so he's, you know, a player.

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.

as the comment-gurus say: EPIC PWNAGE!!!

Vikings.png

VikingsCards.png

H.H.H. Metrodome - The greatest dome in the history of Minneapolis.

I realize this Raiders-49ers rivalry thing is now scraping the bottom of the barrel. Nevertheless:

Kwame Harris:

sp_49ers_mjm_066.jpgharris.jpg

Terry Kirby:

tksfran2.jpga_kirby_i.jpg

Jeremy Newberry:

j-new.pngJeremy%20Newberry.JPG

Rick Mirer was also a 49er and Raider, but apparently no pictures of him as a 49er exist.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Guys who have played on both the Calgary Flames and Edmonton Oilers:

? Steve Smith

? Grant Fuhr

? Curtis Glencross

? Kent Nilsson

? Dwayne Roloson

Archived