Players Who Have Been on Both Sides of a Rivalry

rmackman

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Raptors and Nets? Really?

Thoughts exactly.

Isn't a "rivalry" more than just a couple games between two teams in the same division?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Thoughts exactly.

Isn't a "rivalry" more than just a couple games between two teams in the same division?

I know it's not a rivalry but it just matter of a star playing in one city then moving to another city within the same division and the impact it had on most notably Toronto.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Thoughts exactly.

I know it's not a rivalry but it just matter of a star playing in one city then moving to another city within the same division and the impact it had on most notably Toronto.

So that's contrary to the point of this thread then, correct? Oh well, no big deal.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Isaac Bruce

IsaacBruceRams.gifIke.jpg

Lawrence Phillips

LawrencePhillips.jpglawrence-phillips49ers.jpg

Seadragon can take care of the list of Rams defenders who migrated to the Northwest.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Thoughts exactly.

So that's contrary to the point of this thread then, correct? Oh well, no big deal.

Do the Raptors even have a rival?

6uXNWAo.png

Thoughts exactly.

Perhaps the Maple Leafs

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Thoughts exactly.

Gonna need a few more playoff berths to build up a new rival, now that Vancouver is gone... if we were going by geography Detroit would be the obvious choice but there doesn't seem to be any heat between the two cities, not since the '02 post-season.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Now that we've run out of steam and resorted to some really questionable "rivalries", here might be the thread ender; the ultimate in what it was intended for. With college transfers, usually a guy goes somewhere significantly smaller where he can get more playing time, or that fits his personal life better. Keeping in mind that college rivalries generally mean more to players than professional ones, has a college player ever jumped to the other side of such an undeniable rivalry as this guy?

Justin Boren as a Michigan Wolverine:

justin_boren_um.jpg

Justin Boren as an Ohio State Buckeye:

justin_boren_buckeye_medium.jpg

Now that we've run out of steam and resorted to some really questionable "rivalries", here might be the thread ender; the ultimate in what it was intended for. With college transfers, usually a guy goes somewhere significantly smaller where he can get more playing time, or that fits his personal life better. Keeping in mind that college rivalries generally mean more to players than professional ones, has a college player ever jumped to the other side of such an undeniable rivalry as this guy?

Justin Boren as a Michigan Wolverine:

justin_boren_um.jpg

Justin Boren as an Ohio State Buckeye:

justin_boren_buckeye_medium.jpg

I actually remember reading about this in The Sporting News. The guy is from Columbus, but grew up in a Michigan household since his Pops didn't get recruited by Woody Hayes, and I think Schembachler (sp?) had a hand in making sure that Justin went to Michigan. That is one cluster:censored: of a situation.

I know this one was mentioned, but it wasn't shown...and I can't believe I forgot it:

Roger Clemens

Clemens96.jpgclemens.jpg

Also...now that he's been traded BACK to the original team (although it's not a true rivalry in the sense)...

Ivan "Pudge" Rodriguez

rodriguez_sm.jpge052649382214a85b712af9e04be369b-2.JPG

Also...the only soccer one I can come up with:

Ronaldo

KOM_FR_N_BARCELONA_N_26933w.jpgRonaldoMilan_468x541.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Pippo Inzaghi

lg_inzaghi_ap_01.jpginzaghi275.jpg

Curtis Joseph

curtis_joseph.jpgimg.141227_t.jpg

Dino Ciccarelli

Dino_thumb.jpgpf0250.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived