*Toronto now up!* Bringing Minor League Ball Back To Canada

joshhockey

If you want more teams, I'd envision a 21 team Canadian league would look like this:

Baseball leagues generally aren't odd numbered. Not saying there's a problem with that, but usually leagues that get stuck with odd number of teams (see the Atlantic and Can-Am Leagues) usually field a road team so that one team is not sitting idle for three - four days.

WESTERN DIVISION

Vancouver

Calgary

Edmonton

Winnipeg

Victoria

Saskatoon

Regina

Kelowna

CENTRAL DIVISION

Toronto

Hamilton

London

Kitchener

St. Catherines

Oshawa

Windsor

Mississauga

EASTERN DIVISION

Montreal

Ottawa

Quebec

Halifax

Laval

Sherbrooke

Moncton/St. John, N.B.

St. John's, Newf.

Fixed!

thecatch.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I now present you team #2; the London Brewers. The John Labatt Brewery and Calring Brewery were both founded in London, hence the name Brewers. The colours do have a meaning this time. The gold represents the colour of beer, and the green comes from the city being nicknamed "The Forest City". The primary is a simple beer mug with the LB monogram on it. The secondary is a bottle cap with the LB on it. The wordmark is supposed to have a classic look to it and the wheat was actually a last minute thing that popped into my head. I tried to make the set different from Milwaukee and I think the only thing close is the wheat. Anyways, here it is.

Primary:

londonprimary.png

Secondary/Cap/Wordmark:

londonlogos.png

Home/Road:

londonhomeaway.png

Alternates:

londonalts.png

C&C please. Also, there is a reason as to why the logo is on the right side of the jersey on the green alt. I tried putting it on the left but it didnt look right so I put it on the right side.

g4104.png

If you want more teams, I'd envision a 21 team Canadian league would look like this:

Baseball leagues generally aren't odd numbered. Not saying there's a problem with that, but usually leagues that get stuck with odd number of teams (see the Atlantic and Can-Am Leagues) usually field a road team so that one team is not sitting idle for three - four days.

WESTERN DIVISION

Vancouver

Calgary

Edmonton

Winnipeg

Victoria

Saskatoon

Regina

Kelowna

CENTRAL DIVISION

Toronto

Hamilton

London

Kitchener

St. Catherines

Oshawa

Windsor

Mississauga

EASTERN DIVISION

Montreal

Ottawa

Quebec

Halifax

Laval

Sherbrooke

Moncton/St. John, N.B.

St. John's, Newf.

Fixed!

For now, I'm going to stick with 10 teams and if I want to do more when I'm finished, I'll look at some of these.

g4104.png

First of all, It's cool to see more users attempting series. I like the Warriors set, very nice. The Brewers is pretty nice, but the Primary is a bit bland. The shadow is really quite pointless, as it doesn't really help. The only other thing I could recommend is go to Icethetics, and look at some of the brewery logos on there from the icehl, as some of them are quite nice. I'm not saying go and steal them, but look at some elements, and try to make them your own and work them into your logos. I really like the bottle cap logo, and the LB is pretty nice to. Keep working on it, and hopefully I gave you some help, instead of ranting. ^_^

Tips:

1. Put "LONDON" on the roads and "BREWERS" on the homes.

2. You have the patch on the correct side of the jerseys. No need to change that.

I LIKE IT! (though I think the old Frontier League's London Werewolves with their mascot "Warren Z. Vaughn" was CLASSIC)

bYhYmxh.png

Tips:

1. Put "LONDON" on the roads and "BREWERS" on the homes.

2. You have the patch on the correct side of the jerseys. No need to change that.

I LIKE IT! (though I think the old Frontier League's London Werewolves with their mascot "Warren Z. Vaughn" was CLASSIC)

1. Oh man! I always do that. It's one of those things that always slips my mind.

2. I meant on the green alt, the logo is supposed to be on the left side but it didn't look right so I put it on the right.

g4104.png

This is really nice work. I love the fonts, colors, and logos, and the wheat sheaves (?) are a great touch. That said, as has been suggested, switch the wordmarks and put the patch on the home alt on the left side of the chest, and you're set. Actually, I'd switch the home and road alts as yellow doesn't look really good with gray pants. Looks sort of muddy. Can't wait to see what's next!

scotland_fifasig.png

Updates!

Winnipeg Primary:

2warriorsprimary.png

Winnipeg Home/Away:

2warriorshomeandaway.png

Winnipeg Alts:

2warriorsalts.png

Now here's something I made that's supposed to resemble a beer label. Could be the possible primary for London if you folks think it's better than the mug logo.

2brewersprimary.png

London Home/Away:

2londonhomeaway.png

London Alts:

2londonalts.png

You know the drill.

g4104.png

BIG improvements for both...You put the beer mug patch on the wrong side for the alt again though...But other than that, FLAWLESS!

And BTW, I agree about the Ottawa team being called the Capitals.

bYhYmxh.png

Perfection for the Brewers- almost. Just change the beer mug patch to the other side of the jersey and you're set! The new primary logo is great, too. Great work. The Warriors logo is absolutely exquisite. Unique colors, neat symbols- you got it all. I'm very impressed. What I would recommend doing is upgrading the wordmark and number font. As is they're a little bland. Excellent job though!

scotland_fifasig.png

Now for the 3rd team; the Ottawa Capitals. I know the name is pretty cliche but I wanted to make a logo using the parliament buildings and I had (IMO) a great idea for the colour scheme using the green from the parliament buildings and a red to represent Canada. The logos are pretty simple and I think the font fits in well with the rst of the identity. Anyways, tell me what you think. C&C please and thank ya.

Primary:

capitalsprimary.png

Secondary/Cap/Wordmark:

capitalssecond.png

Home/Away:

capitalshomeaway.png

Alternate:

ottawacapsalt.png

I'm not sure who's up next but I'll probably know by some time tonight.

g4104.png

the colors are friggin sick for ottawa. but the primary needs a whole lot of work. it looks like a mess of shapes with a baseball thrown onto it. sooo work on that and you'll be golden. I like your alts. but they are a little plain, i'm sure there's a way you can flare those up a little. and on the london brewers LB combo reminds me of Cal State Long Beach baseball, so if you could come up with a new way to combine those letters (or maybe a differnt font) then they wouldn't be so similar.

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

Not a bad Ottawa concept. The logo doesn't really ressemble the top of the Peace Tower all that much. Maybe try putting it on an angle, like this.

ottawa-citizen-logo.jpg

Also, I think the alternate would be nicer if you inverted the colours. Or you could make it black which has traditionally been the usual colour for Ottawa sports teams.

Good work on the home and away sets. I'm a big fan.

BTW, sorry for sorta thread jacking your thread earlier on with a couple of long winded posts.

thecatch.jpg

Archived