joshhockey

*Toronto now up!* Bringing Minor League Ball Back To Canada

Adn I'm back! Team #4; the Edmonton Derricks. I know that Edmonton already has 1 team named after the oil industry but it's a really big part of Edmonton and all of Alberta, so I'm sure a second wouldn't hurt. The primary is supposed to be an oil derrick with oil coming out the top. I was trying to make a logo that didn't look too much like the Houston Oilers and I think I accomplished that. The colours are a graphite/dark grey to represent the colour of oil, a silver to represent the steel the derricks are made of, and orange because it works well with the other colours. So, I now present you the Edmonton Derricks.

Primary:

derricksprimary.png

Secondary/Cap Logo/Wordmark:

derrickssecondary.png

Home/Away:

derrickshomeaway.png

Alts:

derricksalts.png

As always, C et C si-vous plait.

another excellent concept, josh .i love the waves on the letters and numbers and the cap logo. truly unique

I'm not too keen on the oil coming off the top. It just looks a little awkward. Maybe you could try just using an oil drip, although it's already used by the Oilers. The wave is alright I guess, but I think you should probably use a thin outline inside the numbers to separate it a little bit (see dgnmrwrw's Oilers concept). The font choice is rather bland IMO, I think it could be spiced up a bit.

The grey on the Edmonton script on the dark alternate just doesn't look right try what it would look like in white.

I now present you team #2; the London Brewers. The John Labatt Brewery and Calring Brewery were both founded in London, hence the name Brewers. The colours do have a meaning this time. The gold represents the colour of beer, and the green comes from the city being nicknamed "The Forest City". The primary is a simple beer mug with the LB monogram on it. The secondary is a bottle cap with the LB on it. The wordmark is supposed to have a classic look to it and the wheat was actually a last minute thing that popped into my head. I tried to make the set different from Milwaukee and I think the only thing close is the wheat. Anyways, here it is.

Primary:

londonprimary.png

Secondary/Cap/Wordmark:

londonlogos.png

Home/Road:

londonhomeaway.png

Very nice.

Alternates:

londonalts.png

C&C please. Also, there is a reason as to why the logo is on the right side of the jersey on the green alt. I tried putting it on the left but it didnt look right so I put it on the right side.

After a pretty long hiatus, this series is back. I've been really busy with school/football/hockey and haven't much time on the computer. This is team number 5 (halfway!); the Toronto Lakers. They are named after the fact that Toronto is located on Lake Ontario. The uniforms are pretty traditional, as they are suppose dto be kind of like the Yankees of this league. Everything else is self explanatory.

Primary:

lakersprimary.png

Secondary/Cap/Wordmark:

lakerssecondary.png

Home/Away:

lakershomeaway.png

Alts: JUST REALIZED I FORGOT A CAP LOGO ON THE ALT, PLEASE IGNORE THAT

lakersalts.png

C&C Please!

I'm not sure it's wise to put ED next to a phallic oil rig. :D I like the Brewers, but I think the bottle cap would make a better primary. I don't necessarily think it's a good idea to put a team in Toronto, seeing as how minor leagues generally seem to avoid big-league cities.