Wild 3rd Jersey

OnWis97

I'm going to be at the MN State Fair sometime that weekend...we usually go up for it every summer, but this time we're looking at houses while we're there.

(Yes, we're moving to the Twin Cities.)

Welcome to the Twin Cities. It seems there's decent Minnesota contingent here on this forum.

By definition, isn't any Minnesota contingent a decent one? Anyway, I hope you're not suggesting there is such a thing as an indecent Minnesota contingent. :P

Moving to the Twin Cities is exactly the sort of smart, classy move I would expect from ColerWerx. Enjoy it extra for those of us who are stuck in other states for the time being.

20082614447.png

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would like to see the Wild bring out a green jersey...no other team in the NHL has one unless you count the Sharks' teal.

Sort of like this?

minnesotaWild.jpg

I, for one, LOVED that sweater (wish I had copped one when I had the chance)...and would love to see it return. What the hell was so wrong with it in the first place that the team went away from it? They could even apply the current Machine-ish block numbers to those and call it a day.

Ebay's a wonderful thing: http://cgi.ebay.com/AUTHENTIC-CCM-MINNESOT...4#ht_500wt_1182

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

Do you think the star on the i makes it look like a t? Maybe up close it's more distinct, but from that picture, it looks like Mtnnesota.

That's what I like about it. I grew up near Mt. Nnesota, which to this day is the most sacred place on earth to the Ojibwa. Just southeast of Brainerd. Little known fact that the state is actually named after the mountain (most people believe that the state was named after the Hamm's Beer motto).

I think I may add Mt. Nnesota as a stop on my next trip out to that area. From the info I've found on-line, it seems like a really cool attraction.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Do you think the star on the i makes it look like a t? Maybe up close it's more distinct, but from that picture, it looks like Mtnnesota.

That's what I like about it. I grew up near Mt. Nnesota, which to this day is the most sacred place on earth to the Ojibwa. Just southeast of Brainerd. Little known fact that the state is actually named after the mountain (most people believe that the state was named after the Hamm's Beer motto).

I think I may add Mt. Nnesota as a stop on my next trip out to that area. From the info I've found on-line, it seems like a really cool attraction.

Never heard of Mt. Nnesota, and I've been to the Brainerd area a few times(though not recently).

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

I'm going to be at the MN State Fair sometime that weekend...we usually go up for it every summer, but this time we're looking at houses while we're there.

(Yes, we're moving to the Twin Cities.)

Welcome to the Twin Cities. It seems there's decent Minnesota contingent here on this forum.

By definition, isn't any Minnesota contingent a decent one? Anyway, I hope you're not suggesting there is such a thing as an indecent Minnesota contingent. :P

Moving to the Twin Cities is exactly the sort of smart, classy move I would expect from ColerWerx. Enjoy it extra for those of us who are stuck in other states for the time being.

And those of us stuck in giant sandboxes. I hope to be on leave for the season opener.

Army Commo - "You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!"

The miniature golf course seems tacked-on but, otherwise, I agree.

The miniature golf course seems tacked-on but, otherwise, I agree.

Yeah, but that'll be fun for the kids.

Looks like an awesome gift shop too... can't wait to get me some cool Mt. Nnesota t-shirts and stickers. I wonder if they have those cool white-oval stickers with the three letters that tell everyone where you've been. I bet it just says "MtN".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I understand why they use that park ranger green color, but it truly is bad. I feel bad for Wild fans. Kind of like Predators fans. Even if you like the team, it'd be hard to show it with the apparel.

That red jersey up there looks good though.

Really? I'd say that the majority of people here are fans of the Wild's uniforms. And I thought that Wild jerseys sold like crazy in Minnesota.

From my short time here, I'm starting to realize a lot of people here like more traditional colors and designs, it seems. That's not bad or anything, just going to have to keep it in mind.

When I think of sports teams, I think a uniform should look sporty. The Wild unis look primed for a camping trip- not crosschecking. lol

I understand why they use that park ranger green color, but it truly is bad. I feel bad for Wild fans. Kind of like Predators fans. Even if you like the team, it'd be hard to show it with the apparel.

That red jersey up there looks good though.

Really? I'd say that the majority of people here are fans of the Wild's uniforms. And I thought that Wild jerseys sold like crazy in Minnesota.

From my short time here, I'm starting to realize a lot of people here like more traditional colors and designs, it seems. That's not bad or anything, just going to have to keep it in mind.

When I think of sports teams, I think a uniform should look sporty. The Wild unis look primed for a camping trip- not crosschecking. lol

That's why they chose the look--so Minnesotans (or transplants like me) can have something to wear when they're camping.... Perfectly fitting for a team call the Wild!

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

I've been to the Brainerd area a few times(though not recently).

I love Brainerd. I miss Paul Bunyan Land though. :(

I grew up just outside of Brainerd. Paul Bunyan Land still exists, though it's now six miles east of Brainerd at a place that used to call itself This Old Farm. Link.

I grew up just outside of Brainerd. Paul Bunyan Land still exists, though it's now six miles east of Brainerd at a place that used to call itself This Old Farm. Link.

Ya, I went there once, but was rather disappointed. At least it still lives on in a way. I recently went to Paul Bunyan Bowl and I enjoyed it. I hope that is still there behind Kohl's.

And, apparently, I need to go visit there.

Never in my life heard of a Mt. Nnesota (interesting spelling)...looks like I might have to plan out a four-day pass at some point next fiscal year.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

There's a pie and frozen custard shop in Mt. Nnesota you absolutely have to try. Name escapes me, though.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Mt. Nnesota Pie and Frozen Custard Shoppe. Spent many an afternoon there, choosing between the rum raisin, bumbleberry and lutefisk flavors.

I can't believe we've gotten this far without anyone mentioning the world-famous Mt. Nnesota alpine slide. I spent many a pleasant childhood weekend hurtling down its concrete slope. Memories...

here is a quote from Michael Russo (the Wild beat writer for the Star Tribune)

I?d describe it as a pretty traditional front. Green. MINNESOTA WILD in sort of a cursive writing. And I think that ?M? in Minnesota will be an ?M? you?ll start seeing on a ton of Wild merchandise.

he told me a similar description of Twitter a month ago.

i will be posting an image based on the description later today

Mt. Nnesota Pie and Frozen Custard Shoppe. Spent many an afternoon there, choosing between the rum raisin, bumbleberry and lutefisk flavors.

I can't believe we've gotten this far without anyone mentioning the world-famous Mt. Nnesota alpine slide. I spent many a pleasant childhood weekend hurtling down its concrete slope. Memories...

Yes I was always a fan of swimming in Lake Woebegone after going on the alpine slide....

Archived