Draw Brawl 2009 Challenge Two

chestnutz

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does my familiarity with the subject and seemingly inherent advantage override my complete and utter lack of skill?

We will see when I have a day off to do some ideas.

ha ha, possibly. but could you answer me this? the argentinean rugby team have the nickname the pumas, but the animal on the badge is a jaguar which i believe is a national symbol. whats up with that?

Does my familiarity with the subject and seemingly inherent advantage override my complete and utter lack of skill?

We will see when I have a day off to do some ideas.

ha ha, possibly. but could you answer me this? the argentinean rugby team have the nickname the pumas, but the animal on the badge is a jaguar which i believe is a national symbol. whats up with that?

It was a mistake made by a South African journo back in the days when other teams had nicknames, but the Argentinians didn't.

Given the Aussies were the Wallabies and the Sheep-Botherers the All Blacks, they saw the logo and thought it was a Puma.

As no-one on the Argentine side read the South African papers, no-one went and corrected them.

And the name just stuck.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Good to see a bunch of my favorite designers are entering this round. We've got some good entries so far, keep them coming!

Well, you got your favorites, your least favorites, and the ones you're just kinda "meh" to...

Ill feelings are better than none. At least with ill feelings you have something to work with.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I have an idea but am having trouble sketching it out.

Also what does "Noche" mean?

Night in spanish. Since it's Argentinian, figured I'd give it some espanol flava.

Good to see a bunch of my favorite designers are entering this round. We've got some good entries so far, keep them coming!

Well, you got your favorites, your least favorites, and the ones you're just kinda "meh" to...

Ill feelings are better than none. At least with ill feelings you have something to work with.

Uh what? When did I say I had ill feelings towards anyone? I simply stated I was happy with the submissions so far.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I have an idea but am having trouble sketching it out.

Also what does "Noche" mean?

Night in spanish. Since it's Argentinian, figured I'd give it some espanol flava.

Uh what? When did I say I had ill feelings towards anyone? I simply stated I was happy with the submissions so far.

Didn't mean you specifically. It was a generalization. Everyone has their faves and their un-faves.

So quick to jump on me. ;)

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I can't see myself having time to make something for this... but let me offer some free advice.

It would do a lot of good to invoke the Spanish spelling, Juego de Estrellas.

http://www.nba.com/espanol/allstar_feature.html

Also, one of the most iconic things about BsAs is El Caminito.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&...le&resnum=4

THE COLORS.

Archived