Draw Brawl 2009 Challenge Two

chestnutz

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be entering and am nearly done, expect mine by tomorrow night.

One quick question, though. By wordmark, do you mean just a standalone wordmark? or do you mean one of those secondary sorta logos from the nba all star games like this?:

ydhyxf58izmc5wh0c01t2je6k.gif

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

i decided to pull out (thats what he said?) of this round. I had a good idea but just couldn't pull through.

And one thing: I think it would have been a better challenge if you had to design the uniforms for the East and west. just throwing that out there because I think the ticket idea (though a unique challenge from the designers point of view) was kind of a lame idea.

feel free to explain why you (judges perhaps) decided upon this decision to have the participants design a ticket rather than unis.

this isn't meant to be like a mean attack on you i'm just curious.

lrg_6444e0b331f54e979d389637de158186.jpg

I think you have to create something along these lines:

vreve7bbdb3qefszbvu9iiffz.gif

This logo comes from the "NBA All-Star Game Script Logos" category, so I'm assuming something like that.

Yeah thats what I had originally thought, but i guess i was just overthinking things

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Well, look at that. A lot of downtime after the first day of school buys you a lot of time to work on this and mine is done and has been submitted. Any chance you can confirm that you got mine all safe and sound?

sigpurp.png

Does anyone know off the top of their head the major indoor arena in Buenos Aires that this can be held. I've done a little bit of research but haven't found anything, but I don't want to spend a lot of time researching when I'd rather spend my time designing. This is just to put on my ticket. Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

i decided to pull out (thats what he said?) of this round. I had a good idea but just couldn't pull through.

And one thing: I think it would have been a better challenge if you had to design the uniforms for the East and west. just throwing that out there because I think the ticket idea (though a unique challenge from the designers point of view) was kind of a lame idea.

feel free to explain why you (judges perhaps) decided upon this decision to have the participants design a ticket rather than unis.

You do realize you can do unis if you want, right? The ticket is one of the only things actually REQUIRED.

I like the ticket aspect, I feel like it makes the whole thing a little more realistic and gives you a chance to see your work on a real life medium.

here is my latest sig:

:wacko::cursing::evil:

You can go away now. Thank you.

ok i will just because you told me to

RIPmetrodome, please go away

why are you telling me to go away?

c'mon dude. it's not cool. ILMBalex comments after all of your posts. seriously, dude

You do realize you can do unis if you want, right? The ticket is one of the only things actually REQUIRED.

I like the ticket aspect, I feel like it makes the whole thing a little more realistic and gives you a chance to see your work on a real life medium.

Exactly, Elliot. It's all about making something that is workable from every aspect. I probably won't be able to enter this time, but I think this would be a lot of fun to do and probably will give it a go this weekend if I have time (school, cousins...all that fun stuff).

sig2_by_sergeiofrussia.png

The reason we decided not to require uniforms is because we didn't want the competition to just be "design a logo and uniforms" for each challenge. We wanted to have a wider variance of tasks for you to complete, something original. Plus, the NBA would never have the group that designed the logo for the ASG design the uniforms as well, the two are separate.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

i like your thinking chestnutz, because i dont want to do uniforms and a logo set each challenge. BTW, gingerbreadman hasnt responded to my PM yet, so ill just send my concept to you in a smaller size when im done. is that ok?

sergei, i am not ILMBalex, in case you thought otherwise.

Vikings.png

VikingsCards.png

H.H.H. Metrodome - The greatest dome in the history of Minneapolis.

... Rip Van Winkle it's become entirely obvious that you are ILovemybrotherAlex (and Patsfan, and MNsports09).

The case against you:

1) both you and your 'brother' repeatedly use the word 'digress'. Come on who says digress?

2) he always posts immediately after you.

3) his username seems to only serve to validate he is your brother, which would be a great way to remove you from guilt because you use the same IP address.

4) you've posted similarly inflammatory comments (and used similar grammar) while you were the user MNsports09.

and finally most incriminating

5) you accidentally made a post in your 'brother's' persona while logged onto your account.

I mean come on man. Just stop. Just looking at your posts makes it obvious. Please stop posting. I wouldn't normally call someone out like this but you've made 3 extra accounts, one of which should already have lead to a ban. Your total disregard for people on this forum is astounding.

Anyways, on topic, I wasn't sure I would enter but I was really inspired today and I've think what I've got is pretty good... I'd send it now but I'll inevitably want to tweak it in the coming days :P

Archived