Pirates wearing 1979 throwbacks vs Reds today

risio

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks. Those look tremendous. Not only that, but the Buccos are playing well in them.

Huh? Just they are on professional players don't make them look great. They are just another baggy set.

Explain to me the point of this forum then? I think these jerseys, with their color and all, look good. They look great on this team. This team looks great wearing them. Is that not a clear, valid opinion on a forum dedicated to such opinions?

Thanks. Those look tremendous. Not only that, but the Buccos are playing well in them.

Huh? Just they are on professional players don't make them look great. They are just another baggy set.

Explain to me the point of this forum then? I think these jerseys, with their color and all, look good. They look great on this team. This team looks great wearing them. Is that not a clear, valid opinion on a forum dedicated to such opinions?

Playing well in a look which you remember (or not) as a child for one game, does not correlate into bringing them back. Especially if they are not worn true to form. It looks as it LaRoche is wearing a uniform which Dave Parker would have to wear today, but in going from the clubhouse to the field, "The Cobra" wanted to snack on his "9" to go with his IC Light. No stars from me for the pillbox!

Numbers on the Reds are too thin (like the Dodgers), and number 15 there looks like a kid playing dress-up in grownup clothes.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Sorry...but I just hate that all of these 1970's polyester throwback unis are made 2 sizes too large. When the v-necks plunge lower than a Shakira neckline, and the "baggy look" extends to the pillbox hats as well, then things truly have gone too far.

...and for the record, I loved these Pirates uniforms as a kid - especially the yellow pinstripes. :grin:

The only way this could be better would be if it wasn't baggy and was actually form fitting like the uniforms were back in that time period. The manufacturers need to learn, not everybody wore baggy uniforms outside of 2000. :P

Sorry...but I just hate that all of these 1970's polyester throwback unis are made 2 sizes too large. When the v-necks plunge lower than a Shakira neckline, and the "baggy look" extends to the pillbox hats as well, then things truly have gone too far.

...and for the record, I loved these Pirates uniforms as a kid - especially the yellow pinstripes. :grin:

Thank you, but I loved the triple striped white uni best.

Bad, bad, bad and more bad...

The 2 sizes too big uniforms.

The long, bell-bottomed, pajama pants with no socks showing.

The plunging, v-neck jerseys.

The wrong number font and the wrong size letter fonts on the Reds jerseys.

Bad ideas. Bad applications.

Archived