Cowboys Stadium - Emphasizing Navy and Silver

TruColor

Watching the inaugural game in Cowboys Stadium - two things immediately struck me: 1) the endzones are painted Navy and Silver (instead of Royal Blue, as it was in Texas Stadium), and 2) there's no Star at mid-field. Don't know if the last point will be ongoing; it looks bare there.

The Navy and Silver thing goes along with what I have said before - the Cowboys actually designate these colors as their primaries - the colors of their dark uniforms.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watching the inaugural game in Cowboys Stadium - two things immediately struck me: 1) the endzones are painted Navy and Silver (instead of Royal Blue, as it was in Texas Stadium), and 2) there's no Star at mid-field. Don't know if the last point will be ongoing; it looks bare there.

The Navy and Silver thing goes along with what I have said before - the Cowboys actually designate these colors as their primaries - the colors of their dark uniforms.

They have three different turfs and McCartney played there on Wednesday night. The Dallas News has a video of the transformation, but the end zones were navy when rolled out. The strips are not in 10 yars strips too as there was a yard or two in blue laid before the rest of the endzone.

I immediately noticed the same thing as far as the navy and silver go as opposed to royal and that blue-green-silver. I didn't see the punter hit the scoreboard, (watching Yanks-Sox mostly) but one I saw the announcers said nearly hit it.

I wonder if this is going to be one of those after the fact oops situations, like the wind tunnel at Yankee Stadium or the catwalks at the Trop.

I wonder if this is going to be one of those after the fact oops situations, like the wind tunnel at Yankee Stadium or the catwalks at the Trop.

Here's a thread from elsewhere where the theory of whether or not it was likely to hit the board went on. Looks like brick was right.

http://the-w.com/thread.php/id=31822

It's where I sit.

There is no reason for the video board to be that big other than for Jerry Jones to stroke his ego by saying "oooh, look at our huge scoreboard".

It looks like it's hung on cables, so they should be able to raise it another 5-10 feet with no problems.

There is no reason for the video board to be that big other than for Jerry Jones to stroke his ego by saying "oooh, look at our huge scoreboard".

[shrek]So, do you think he's compensating for something?[/shrek]

It's where I sit.

[shrek]So, do you think he's compensating for something?[/shrek]

Yes. His brains.

The Titans' punter just hit the scoreboard...it's a do-over apparently.

This upcoming season will be interesting...

Arena Football lives! :P

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's more like a giant hockey stadium with that stupid scoreboard in the middle, not like a football stadium.

Disgrace.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That s**t is gunna fall on someone this year. I read a bunch of predictions from some NFL writer guy and one was along the lines of "a weekend this year will be marred by a great tragedy," this has to be it.

Edit: found the article here, but looks like I remembered it wrong.

17. One game will be marred by a senseless act of mass violence in the stands or parking lot, which results in over reactionary security measures that make airplane travel seem convenient. I pray I’m wrong on this one.
I still think this screen could fall on someone.

Video (1:10 for punt)

I love how the NFL Network has to flaunt their power, just like ESPN, by circling the football when it's in the air. Do they always do that too? (I don't have NFL Network).

Oh, how convenient that while I speak of ostentatiousness, this topic concerns Jerry Jones/Cowboys Stadium. The two pair rather well together.

This stadium is laughable.

-

3843854285_2be0d6daa4.jpg

Man that thing is awesome!

I realize Jerry Jones has a huge ego....but I mean honestly, is it really necessary for him to be waving his dick around like that in front of 80,000 people?

If I were a fan, I'd be absolutely pissed going to a game and having to have that hunk of :censored: shoved in my face for 3 hours. How are you even suppose to watch the game? For a concert or massive video gaming competition, sure that'd be nice. But we're talking about a football game here, you don't pay $100 dollars for a crappy ticket to watch the game on a TV. And it certainly shouldn't be distracting you from the actual field itself.

Archived