Cowboys Stadium - Emphasizing Navy and Silver

TruColor

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If JJ's goal was to build a monument to crass consumerist excess while reinforcing the idea of Texan boorishness then mission accomplished.

I wanna make a concept for a team called "the Texas Boorishness." The only question is which sport.

What about the Texas Barrishes?

I saw, I came, I left.

I'm just wondering if Cowboys fans will FINALLY notice that the blue on the white uniforms doesn't match the blue on the dark uniforms, or the new field. Nor do the pants worn with the white jersey match the silver of the field:

"Hey, dadgummit! That there blue don't look right to me. That's dirty pool!"

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I'm just wondering if Cowboys fans will FINALLY notice that the blue on the white uniforms doesn't match the blue on the dark uniforms, or the new field. Nor do the pants worn with the white jersey match the silver of the field:

And the helmet Silver doesn't match either one of them.

Neato.

Is everyone on here a stereotypist? <_<

The NFL's requirement was 85 feet. The scoreboard is 90 feet. This is NFL's fault, not Cowboys. They followed the rules.

The NFL's requirement was 85 feet. The scoreboard is 90 feet. This is NFL's fault, not Cowboys. They followed the rules.

actually it is the NFLs fault for not modernizing their regulations

the NFL should have to pay the full price to raise it

stereotypist?

stereotypist?

Or "bigot," whichever you prefer ...

I still haven;'t been able to reconcile the field-level luxury boxes in my mind. The people in these boxes will see NOTHING of the game on the field; benches, players, cheerleaders, still-photogs, video-photogs, carts, crates, mobile camera platforms, officials, you get the idea will prevent any of them from actually seeing a live play. Can anyone correct me here? Are the standing surfaces somehow higher to give these people an actual view?

stereotypist?

You knew what I meant.

I'm pretty sure that the Cowboys put the screen 5 feet above what the NFL recommended. They recommended 85 feet, Dallas put it at 90.

True. However most punters don't have a small moon above them to hit.

Yes, I know..."that's no moon, that's the Cowboys video screen" - thank you Obi-Wan

I still haven;'t been able to reconcile the field-level luxury boxes in my mind. The people in these boxes will see NOTHING of the game on the field; benches, players, cheerleaders, still-photogs, video-photogs, carts, crates, mobile camera platforms, officials, you get the idea will prevent any of them from actually seeing a live play. Can anyone correct me here? Are the standing surfaces somehow higher to give these people an actual view?

The end zone suites are about the same level off the turf, as the Red Zone suites at Quest Field, which are four feet about the turf. The others are on at field level.

I still haven't been able to reconcile the field-level luxury boxes in my mind.

I can see a future where there is nothing but luxury suites at stadiums (and I'll be watching on TV). But you're right, not great for the field level of football.

As a Cowboys fan far from Dallas, I don't care much about the scoreboard, although it seems like it would be a distraction if the game plays live while you're trying to watch it on the field. Mixing in stats, etc. might be better.

But, I do care about that endzone color switch. I like it. It's no secret Jerry Jones prefers navy and white if you look at the uniform changes over the years (throwbacks, warmups and blues in particular). Why he hasn't taken the final step and made the numbers and stripes on the white jerseys at least a couple shades darker -- if not full navy -- is beyond me. I think fans would get over it. Wouldn't mind a return to the old font, either.

Why go through the trouble to switch end zone colors if you're going to wear a different color on the field? Any chance at all that there could be a surprise switch at the opener? (Or they could always wear the blues at the new home. Now that would be Jerry leaving a mark.)

stereotypist?

Or "bigot," whichever you prefer ...

"Texan" is now a protected class? :rolleyes:

Yes, just like white Christian males.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived