Brave-Bird's Stuff

Brave-Bird 08

Hey guys,

I know I started a thread in the sports logos forum that should have gone in the request forum, but hopefully it will get graveyarded.

Anyways, aside from my concept series I do do stuff on the side that may not lead into a series, or isnt a concept. I decided I wanted to show it here and get feedback. Anything that I do that is just out of the blue or a replication for now on will go here to condense thread usage.

Some of y'all may not even be interested or will not feel a comment is necessary, but I just want a constructive place where people who actually know the stuff I do can look.

For starters I wanted to go through and as accurately as possible represent all 32 NFL teams uniforms. This is probably my next big thing after the CFB concepts. Here are the Falcons. Once again, thanks to ScottySprings for the template.

All other team, distributor, and nfl logo's were traced by me.

Falcons Home Uniform

home.png

Falcons Road Uniform

road-1.png

Falcons Road Uniform (Option 2)

road2-1.png

Falcons Home Uniform (Throwback)

home5-1.png

Hope you guys like this. I wanted to improve the detail on all of my work for now on. Here is a starter on that.

and here is a tally of everything I do in this thread from now on, I'm going to try to just always post my stuff in here rather than multiple threads as a said above.

- Page 1: Falcons uniform replications

- Panthers uniform replications

-Saints uniform repliacations

Technically, the black pants are supposed to be worn with a white sock that has a solid black stripe in the middle of it (so that the white on the bottom of the pants flows into the sock), though in recent years, they've opted for the solid black.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Technically, the black pants are supposed to be worn with a white sock that has a solid black stripe in the middle of it (so that the white on the bottom of the pants flows into the sock), though in recent years, they've opted for the solid black.

Yeah, I remember they wore those socks in 2003 @ home vs TB and JAX and @ Houston...I actually prefer it with the solid black socks, even it creates the men in tights look. Odd when teams never use some of their equipment though.

Man, the Panthers uniform is really hurt by the changes in sleeve length/jersey fit. I don't have a huge problem with reduction in sleeve length in most cases, and feel it can be designed around, but it ruins a beautiful jersey design for the Panthers. Some players still wear it the right way, like Steve Smith (most of the time), but on the running backs it looks like an awkwardly curved version of the colts template. They have a great, modern yet classic design, and I hate to see it effected this way.

capt_c053add9083f4914b33ebb4e27fe16f3_texans_panthers_football_nccb113.jpg

Also, since what you are really going for is accuracy, you may want to enlarge the panthers sleeve logo. Colorwerx probably knows for sure, but I don't think there is a team with a larger sleeve logo. I have an authentic Steve Smith jersey, and the logo is screened on, which I am pretty sure no other team does. I think that may be in part due to the size of it. Otherwise, good job so far, but it seems on the panthers you may have smushed the numbers? The proportions seem off. Also, are you just adding a stroke to the numbers, or duplicating it, adding a stroke, and arranging the original?

Sorry for the long post, good job so far.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Man, the Panthers uniform is really hurt by the changes in sleeve length/jersey fit. I don't have a huge problem with reduction in sleeve length in most cases, and feel it can be designed around, but it ruins a beautiful jersey design for the Panthers. Some players still wear it the right way, like Steve Smith (most of the time), but on the running backs it looks like an awkwardly curved version of the colts template. They have a great, modern yet classic design, and I hate to see it effected this way.

capt_c053add9083f4914b33ebb4e27fe16f3_texans_panthers_football_nccb113.jpg

Also, since what you are really going for is accuracy, you may want to enlarge the panthers sleeve logo. Colorwerx probably knows for sure, but I don't think there is a team with a larger sleeve logo. I have an authentic Steve Smith jersey, and the logo is screened on, which I am pretty sure no other team does. I think that may be in part due to the size of it. Otherwise, good job so far, but it seems on the panthers you may have smushed the numbers? The proportions seem off. Also, are you just adding a stroke to the numbers, or duplicating it, adding a stroke, and arranging the original?

Sorry for the long post, good job so far.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I also hate how the Reebok logo on the sleeve with sometimes show up above the panther...and the on the smaller cut it is way offset towards the back. As for the sleeves design, it actually does not bother me that much, but it ruins the flow that is created with the pants stripe (one is triangular and the other has gone from triangular to a box shape)... Panthers uniforms def one that is more affected by the short cuts

Random Stuff- NFC South

-Here are just a few things I wanted to try out with NFC South teams. No changes in the template are intended, just different options...stuff teams have not done.

Falcons All-Red

falconshomeallred.png

Panthers All-Black

panthershome3.png

Panthers Road (Black Pants)

panthersroad2.png

Panthers Road (Silver Pants) **Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this combo was actually worn during the 90's a few times?**

panthersroad3.png

• 3 weeks later...

Don't the Panthers' sleeve stripes come to a point (or at least get more narrow) when on a jersey that doesn't cut them off like the Colts? I thought that I've seen where they go all the way around, and meet almost at a point at the side panel.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Don't the Panthers' sleeve stripes come to a point (or at least get more narrow) when on a jersey that doesn't cut them off like the Colts? I thought that I've seen where they go all the way around, and meet almost at a point at the side panel.

Yes... on the looser cuts, like the jersey Delhomme wears, and im pretty sure Steve Smith wore for a while, the stripe wraps around like a classic stripe design would.

it honestly looks wayyyy better

Archived