Lou Holtz: Notre Dame to BCS Title Game

GFB

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welp, good to see Lou Holtz is going to be bringing more of the same crazy talk he brought in 2008. Which is great. Aside from him claiming that Notre Dame was a Top 25 team throughout the entire season last year, it was hilarious whenever that man went on a sometimes-profanity laced rant. Just great, I love Lou Holtz on TV, but not for his analysis. :P

When Emmitt Smith was on TV, he was easily the biggest homer on ESPN. Anything that he said would always somehow end up coming back to the Dallas Cowboys in some way, shape, or form. Same with Michael Irvin when he worked with ESPN. It's weird that even though he does 5 or 6 Cowboys games a year, Troy Aikman manages to stay neutral when it comes to them, compared to the other 2 of the big 3 who couldn't seem to be quiet about the Cowboys.

Lou Holtz is a clown and he knows it. He thinks he's this funny celebrity type and overdoes every bit of his on-air time. To me he comes across as this weird grandpa-type, flailing and spitting on himself. Not a fan.

lou_holtz_prethadent.png

:)

And just throwing this out there, but who is the biggest homer on ESPN/National TV?

How about the entire ESPN network for a start?

They aren't homers. Just bandwagon jumpers. Get it right. :P

Why is Lou Holtz on ESPN again? That's one of the most blatant homer picks I have every heard...

The comedy. You can't beat the comedy. And the threats on Mark May's life. Gotta hold him in check.

-------------------------------------------

He's the physical avatar of the Notre Dame football program. What do you expect him to say?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Why is Lou Holtz on ESPN again? That's one of the most blatant homer picks I have every heard...

The comedy. You can't beat the comedy. And the threats on Mark May's life. Gotta hold him in check.

He's the physical avatar of the Notre Dame football program. What do you expect him to say?

If you're gonna have the hater in Mark May, you gotta have the lover in Lou Holtz.

Anyways, if you believe ND is better than everyone else on their schedule except for USC, that means they only have to upset one team to run the table. Just sayin'

6fQjS3M.png

And just throwing this out there, but who is the biggest homer on ESPN/National TV?

If they were homers we'd still have the Whalers :P.

The adored the Whalers on ESPN, the problem was Hartford was too small of market and in the middle of a cluster of teams in a bad arena.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Not that Granny Clampett has a vote, but it's crap like this that reminds me why 1) NCAA preseason polls are an absolute joke. 2) Voting should NEVER determine the National Champion.

6uXNWAo.png

If they were homers we'd still have the Whalers :P.

The adored the Whalers on ESPN, the problem was Hartford was too small of market and in the middle of a cluster of teams in a bad arena.

sar·casm

Pronunciation: \ˈsär-ˌka-zəm\

Function: noun

Etymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwarəs- to cut

Date: 1550

1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain

2 a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Lou Holtz is a clown and he knows it. He thinks he's this funny celebrity type and overdoes every bit of his on-air time. To me he comes across as this weird grandpa-type, flailing and spitting on himself. Not a fan.

lou_holtz_prethadent.png

:)

Hahahahahahaha. Thank you for this. But yes, Lou Holtz spends his air-time rambling on and on about things he thinks he knows but doesn't. There's no need for him on ESPN, except for the comedy.

On the subject of homers, he's not on TV but on radio - Ron Santo. listen to a Cubs game and it won't take long.

glossysig5.png

No one on television would even crack the top 25 of homereroticism that we see on these boards. Not even close. Maybe they'd start the season in the others receiving votes category, but that would even be a stretch.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Let's not forget the occasional, inexplicable Godwinning. Which apparently spurred someone in the Republican party to say, "That's our man!"

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If you're gonna have the hater in Mark May, you gotta have the lover in Lou Holtz.

Anyways, if you believe ND is better than everyone else on their schedule except for USC, that means they only have to upset one team to run the table. Just sayin'

But at the same time, does one win over one good team get you into the BCS title game? It hasn't worked for Utah or Boise State.

LvZYtbZ.png

Archived