Lou Holtz: Notre Dame to BCS Title Game

GFB

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Notre Dame went 12-0, they would technically be the best of the "Independent Conference"

That's not a Conference.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Seriously, would you actually want Notre Dame in the title game? Those that do are nothing but homers.

Those that wouldn't are nothing but haters.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

So let me get this straight. You'd let a team that didn't win their conference into the national title game? Shame, all of you.

It wouldn't be the first time.

Nebraska and Oklahoma have played for the National Championship, despite not winning the Big XII title game. Or in Nebraska's case......not even playing in the Big XII title game.

Seriously, would you actually want Notre Dame in the title game? Those that do are nothing but homers.

The funny thing is will considers himself a ND fan.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The funny thing is will considers himself a ND fan.

He also considers himself a Phillie fan. We've seen where that road goes.

Will plays by different rules.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

If Notre Dame went 12-0, they would technically be the best of the "Independent Conference"

That's not a Conference.

Oh, I know.

I was trying to placate willmorris.

Excuse the undetectable internet sarcasm :P (Also hence the quotes)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Lou Holtz is a clown and he knows it. He thinks he's this funny celebrity type and overdoes every bit of his on-air time. To me he comes across as this weird grandpa-type, flailing and spitting on himself. Not a fan.

lou_holtz_prethadent.png

:)

Hahahahahahaha. Thank you for this. But yes, Lou Holtz spends his air-time rambling on and on about things he thinks he knows but doesn't. There's no need for him on ESPN, except for the comedy.

On the subject of homers, he's not on TV but on radio - Ron Santo. listen to a Cubs game and it won't take long.

I don't think Santo can match the homerism of Hawk Harrelson for the White Sox. He refers to the sox as the "good guys" and the opposition as the "bad guys", can't get much more homer than that.

Santo sounds like he's gonna blow a :censored:ing ventricle. At least Hawk talks at a level above grunting and groaning.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

On the subject of homers, he's not on TV but on radio - Ron Santo. listen to a Cubs game and it won't take long.

I don't think Santo can match the homerism of Hawk Harrelson for the White Sox. He refers to the sox as the "good guys" and the opposition as the "bad guys", can't get much more homer than that.

Idiots.

Ron Santo and Hawk Harrelson are paid employees of the Cubs and White Sox, respectively. They're supposed to be homers.

Idiots.

Ron Santo and Hawk Harrelson are paid employees of the Cubs and White Sox, respectively. They're supposed to be homers.

I understand they are employed by those teams but there is a difference between being pro fill-in-the-blank-team and being an unprofessional jackass.

You can also note, if you care, that one guy is a beloved alumnus of the team; while the other is a hired gun who played for rival teams, crafted his homer yokel schtick in Boston and New York, and got the gig because the new owner ran the real homers out of town in one of broadcasting history's great proctocranial decisions. Santo is an obnoxious homer. Hawk is a toadie.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Idiots.

I understand they are employed by those teams but there is a difference between being pro fill-in-the-blank-team and being an unprofessional jackass.

Saying "Good guys" and "Bad guys" isn't unprofessional. If he were to call the opponents derrogatory(sp?) names, then that would be unprofessional.

The White Sox broadcast crew takes the cake on this one. Hawk Harrelson is downright obnoxious in his homerism. For the reasons mentioned above and then some. Although his "He gone!" call is beyond annoying, the word "Sox" isn't in his vocabulary; it's always "we" and "us".

Oh and on a national level Kirk Herbstreit and his love for The Ohio State University edges out Corso.

The White Sox broadcast crew takes the cake on this one. Hawk Harrelson is downright obnoxious in his homerism. For the reasons mentioned above and then some. Although his "He gone!" call is beyond annoying, the word "Sox" isn't in his vocabulary; it's always "we" and "us".

Oh and on a national level Kirk Herbstreit and his love for The Ohio State University edges out Corso.

I've always thought Herbie does a good job of non-homerism... oh well

6fQjS3M.png

I've always thought Herbie does a good job of non-homerism... oh well

Ditto...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived