WILD 3rd LEAKED

jlentz823

Long vertically or horizontally? If you mean horizontally, I never saw it that way, even while there were three images and y'all were complaining about it. Vertically, it's roughly the same length as RIP's. Perhaps your browsers were showing it incorrectly, but mine (FF3 and IE7) are currently having no problem with his two 557 x 99 images.

Also, RIP, you of all people should not be calling someone "sonny" in a snide welcome to the boards. Plus, neither of you are mods; so please don't play the armchair version of the home game.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like it was based the All-Star unis from a couple of years ago (when it was in Minny) with a cursive script logo and the edge halo on the shoulders.

Thumbs up.

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought too. I wish I could see what the back looks like though. I presume it's block letters/numbers like the regular home sweaters, but I hope they don't have red trim.

CCSLC signature.png

I think maybe a slight red drop shadow on the numbers would have been OK? Not sure how else to work more red in there, other than the pants.

Does any team have multiple sets of pants / shells? Off the top of my head, I can't think of one. The 'Canes wear their normal red pants with their black jerseys, right?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think maybe a slight red drop shadow on the numbers would have been OK? Not sure how else to work more red in there, other than the pants.

Does any team have multiple sets of pants / shells? Off the top of my head, I can't think of one. The 'Canes wear their normal red pants with their black jerseys, right?

Nope. They go black head-to-toe for it. The Coyotes wear unstriped breezers with their alts, which features the cursive "Coyotes" script.

The throwback 3rds of Edmonton, NYI, Pittsburgh, and Chicago also feature their own sets of shells.

EDIT: Ottawa and Buffalo also have alternate pants. Quite the trend, this.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Long vertically or horizontally? If you mean horizontally, I never saw it that way, even while there were three images and y'all were complaining about it. Vertically, it's roughly the same length as RIP's. Perhaps your browsers were showing it incorrectly, but mine (FF3 and IE7) are currently having no problem with his two 557 x 99 images.

Also, RIP, you of all people should not be calling someone "sonny" in a snide welcome to the boards. Plus, neither of you are mods; so please don't play the armchair version of the home game.

last time i checked, sonny was not a rude thing to call someone. im just calling him "sonny" and it was meant in a completely positive way.

Vikings.png

VikingsCards.png

H.H.H. Metrodome - The greatest dome in the history of Minneapolis.

Big thumbs up from me on this one. I usually hate scripts but this one is really well executed. As a matter of fact, this is the first Minnesota Wild jersey I've ever actually liked. I hope they keep going in this direction with their future jerseys. Judging by the other comments in this thread, I'm not the only one who likes these alternate uniforms either. (Positive comments? On CCSLC? Never thought I'd see the day.)

thecatch.jpg

The baseball script is a reversal (location on top/nickname on bottom) from Anaheim's third jersey (location on bottom/nickname on top).

When Seattle had this style jersey, they had the city name in the script and did not have the name of the team in the ribbon underneath. I thought that looked best. No need to have both, one or the other will suffice.

On it's own, I really like this jersey. Having a shoulder patch would improve it, and they could probably go without the piping on the shoulder. I really like the script they used and the classic look of the jersey. The negatives come with the Wild's identity as a whole. I really like their away jersey. The design goes great with their logo that I think is pretty modern looking. The home and alt are both nice looking jerseys, but don't mix well with the away, and I don't think they fit in well with the logo either. It's like the Senators having three jersey that don't match, except the Wild all look good on their own.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I love how the I and T are dotted and crossed by a falling star. I just wish the Dallas franchise would get off its high horse and let the Wild re-christen themselves the North Stars already.

I love how the I and T are dotted and crossed by a falling star. I just wish the Dallas franchise would get off its high horse and let the Wild re-christen themselves the North Stars already.

It's hardly the Stars' fault that the Wild's owners saddled them with a silly, abstract name.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm still tryna figure out what was so wrong with the Minnesota Wild's original home jerseys...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm still tryna figure out what was so wrong with the Minnesota Wild's original home jerseys...

Aside from the shoulder logo, nothing... that's why they're still around, albeit with Edge-ified thin striping. ^_^

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Not bad, but not great. Its OK. It needs red, Im not feeling the green and wheat colour combo. If this had red in the striping somewhere it would be much better.

I prefer the red and white Wild jerseys over this one.

beLEAF

It's hardly the Stars' fault that the Wild's owners saddled them with a silly, abstract name.

...but it is the Stars fault that they had to choose a new name to begin with. I've never known of a Wild fan that wouldn't gladly take back the North Stars identity if given the chance.

Archived