"but God Told Me To!"

Discrim

oh man, that opens so many doors that i think alot of people would rather stay shut...

I thought I had heard somewhere that some guy was suing God for something rather stupid (but then, to pull something like that you'd have to wonder) and claimed he won becasue God never showed up to defend Him/Herself

can't remember if this was real or not, but put this guy on the list of people who need a slap on the head

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The thing with God is that he doesn't tell people to do things that contradict values he's aready set out.

So when someone says "God told me to smash my kids head in", they're wrong.

When they say "God told me to divorce my wife and run away with my secretary", again, No, He didn't.

The thing I always wonder, why is it when something bad happens people always blame God. Noone ever talks about the other team.

True

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

thou shalt not kill

look back at history and ur find that God is the leading cause of death.

thank u george carlin

All due respect, Mr. Carlin, but God created life... it's humans who chose death.

You miss the point. God as an enitity isn't responsble for the death, it is people who claim to be doing 'god's will' or 'in the service of god' who have done a vast majority of killing. Not just crazies who say, 'hey, its fun to kill!'

The crusades were 'for god' and they killed untolds.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived