Sign in to follow this  
Sodboy13

A great moment in ugly college jersey history...

Someone, somehow, got a hold of a few of the infamous San Jose State football uniforms done by fly-by-night company "4-Players Only", and has put them up on eBay.

Where to start on these? You've got one of the finest examples of black for black's sake, the inexplicable wordmark, done in Crillee, and possibly italicized at two separate angles, the skinny, cheap-looking block number font... it all adds up to a truly hot mess.

People rag on Nike a lot here, sometimes deservedly so. But at least when Nike trots out something goofy, it looks like it's been put together professionally. You can't say that about this steaming pile.

yikes!! Funny thing is San Jose State went from having the worst uniforms in the world to one of the best! i love their colors and logos...their football uniforms are b-e-a-utiful! (well at least the ones they were wearing before they switched to the dumb nike swoop)

Here are these in action

626466.jpg

1007855.jpg

600480.jpg

this ladies and gents is what happens when you let patsox design a uniform.

Here are these in action

626466.jpg

1007855.jpg

600480.jpg

this ladies and gents is what happens when you let patsox design a uniform.

I don't see any bitmapping...

That first pic looks like it took place on the side of a building and they are trying to stay out of the rain.

Other than the wordmark, I don't think they're horrible. Maybe not for a D1 college team, but for arena or a non-top-level squad.

Other than the wordmark, I don't think they're horrible. Maybe not for a D1 college team, but for arena or a non-top-level squad.

BBTV, I agree with you 95% of the time, but consider me out on this one.

This is an awful jersey. The design is too busy and look at the way it's put together (mainly, how loose it is and how heavy it seems to be). This has "trying wayyyy too hard" written all over it".

600480.jpg

I never realized that, for all the black at home, there was a complete lack on the road. That ups the suck factor.

I agree... with the right colors these wouldn't be so bad. I think this is more a case of sloppy execution than a bad design.

They may be hideous, but they do at least have the gorgeous spartan helmet logo instead of the current muddled wordmark.

Whoa. Those are so tragic, it's almost amazing.

Dang. I have nothing to contribute. (And for once, I admit it up front.)

According to the mention in UniWatch about the seller, these things were flying off the shelves too, he even sold the ones that were in subpar condition...amazing, lol...

These jersey's are great!!! They could have been done a little better granted but they arent like any other jersey's before or since!! I am the person that owns them.

Let me guess...you're the seller?