Soccer (football) logos on sportslogos.net

alexgizh

Greetings all!

I keep noticing some huge errors in the soccer section... Many of the federation logos are incorrectly dated, some of them even having totally wrong logos. I know that most of you are Canada/US based and don't give a darn about soccer, but for us europeans it's a big one. Chris, or anyone out there that has admin access to the site, contact me a.s.a.p. to get this done.

Well, just make sure you don't touch anything surrounding the EPL or the FA in general. Don't want the Man to catch a lawsuit.

Wait...is that why there's only Blackburn Rovers? It's a legal thing?

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Yep.

IIRC, Chris got a C & D letter from the league and pulled the logos. Don't know why Rovers is still there.

Why would the FA make a stink about it if no other league has?

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

The Prem has had an uneasy history with intellectual property in recent years. Many of the crests teams used were of uncertain origin, and were therefore ineligible for copyright. So clubs had to change logos they've used for decades (think about the Yankees losing control over their top hat logo, which would be our equivalent).

You can understand, given those circumstances, how they might feel rather protective of their logos.

Yep.

IIRC, Chris got a C & D letter from the league and pulled the logos. Don't know why Rovers is still there.

Not only did the league send me a C&D they sent one to my host who threatened to shut down the site if I didn't comply.

I had to contact every team and ask for permission to show them on the site, several teams responded just flat out saying "no", some said "no because you're not a sponsor" (they ignored my reply asking if Wikipedia was a sponsor), so the Rovers are up still because they were the only team to give me permission to be on the site.

I've been sent C&D's from several college teams, all of which eventually backed off on their threats; one other major league sent me a C&D but we were able to come up with a compromise

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Look, I started this thread not beacuse of the absence of any club championship. Instead, I reacted because of errors in the existing logos in the National Teams' section. There are plenty of them which are already changed, and some of them aren't primary logos at all, they are either jersey crests (a practice often found in European NTs), or are just plain wrong, non-official.

Chris, if you want, I can PM you and point out those.

Look, I started this thread not beacuse of the absence of any club championship. Instead, I reacted because of errors in the existing logos in the National Teams' section. There are plenty of them which are already changed, and some of them aren't primary logos at all, they are either jersey crests (a practice often found in European NTs), or are just plain wrong, non-official.

Chris, if you want, I can PM you and point out those.

Cool, its a collaborative group here. Sseek out the post that has corrections and post them. Someone will post em up.

One problem with the national teams is that sometimes the football association and the team have different logos. I don't know what the logos on this site are supposed to be. The Germany logo is the logo of DFB, their association, while they have this on their shirts:

512px-DFBEagle.svg.png

On a quick glance, I noticed that French logo is old, now it looks like this:

Le_nouveau_logo_FFF.png

Italy's logo has had four stars after 2006:

356px-FIGC_logo.svg.png

Nowadays Russian logo looks like this:

Russianfa.png

Serbia & Montenegro doesn't exist anymore, they are now Serbia:

fsslogo.png

Montenegro

Montenegro.png

and Kosovo (which in fact is not yet a member of UEFA or FIFA):

Kosovo_FA.png

That Slovenia logo is also pretty old, this one is more recent:

slovenia.png

These were from Europe only and I didn't check them all, so there might be more. And I couldn't find them all in very good quality.

Archived