Colorado Buffaloes Throwback Jersey

ldswoosh33

AWRFAGKCMKZKRGJ.20090915173926.jpg

Okay, so what helmet do they plan on wearing with this hot mess?

Apparently it's an all silver helmet without any decals on them.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AWRFAGKCMKZKRGJ.20090915173926.jpg

LPEWUAVZZXQESBL.20090915174451.jpg

MNXUNUEIMMDICXZ.20090915174006.jpg

YPBJBMCGRCYBSLB.20090915174126.jpg

Hold up.

For the longest, I've been trying to understand this new jersey template Nike's been using over the past three years or so, and now that I get a close up of the thing...this is how they utilize the mesh? From a distance, I couldn't even tell if the old regular mesh material was being used anymore. What's the material used for the shoulder area and front/back panel? Looks like the shrink-wrap-ish material being used so much these days.

Up close, that mixture looks really goofy to me. But, I'm sure Nike has its reasons for this "design". And of course, I'm sure they're like 13% lighter and thus will make the players like 6% faster or some ish like that.

(I can also now really see how the two-tone effect occurs after the shrink-wrap panels become filled with any kind of moisture.)

On a whole 'nother note...I'm trying really hard to see any kind of stripe on the pants in those old photos, but I ain't seeing one, so is this pant stripe just something Nike threw in for the hell of it? And, from the look of those old photos, it looks like the pants and helmet had a shiny sheen to it-something that I guess the different apparel outfitters have become allergic to in the past three or four years. I wonder if the pants were a flat gray meant to resemble silver in those days. If not...why not produce a shiny sheen silver for the pants for this uniform set? (And what's with the brown-ish looking black numbers on the jersey?)

Looking at that picture I would think the stripe actually goes down the back of the leg. Look how much darker that area is.

it looks like the pants and helmet had a shiny sheen to it-something that I guess the different apparel outfitters have become allergic to in the past three or four years.

At least Adidas hasn't. Look how good Michigan and ND looked Saturday.

3917745673_af5f524a35.jpg

MegatronSig2.jpg

it looks like the pants and helmet had a shiny sheen to it-something that I guess the different apparel outfitters have become allergic to in the past three or four years.

I couldn't decide what looked better, the teams' offenses or the teams' jerseys lol

6fQjS3M.png

I couldn't decide what looked better, the teams' offenses or the teams' jerseys lol

if i remember correctly, when i played middle school football, we had pairs of old pants that had a kind of durasheen material on the front half, where we would slide pads in and was not elastic, and then the back half which was elastic and more of an "old school" matted look. i assume this was done back in the past for the same reason as these were. until recently (as noted by a large amount of teams going from yellow gold to vegas gold) it was difficult to create metallic elastic material that was athletically suitable. look at the old 49ers pants and the old cowboys pants...ull see how they went with the entire pant not being metallic (which was the other option other then the divided look you get as seen in the old photos)

Miami.png

A pic someone took of the whole uniform with black socks.

29979830-7da3890681a6b335b5ea5ee0ff20cbe8.4ab077ca-full.jpg

the pic is not showing up, you have a link to the tweet?

29979830-e104aedfe69a1a6aec1329a4ba.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Hot mess? That's one of the simplest, classiest and most unique uniforms I've ever seen. The pant stripe does look inaccurate, though. There definitely is something there in the old photos, but either that stripe is really wide, or the pants are actually half gold and half silver. And I think it's been addressed, but the numbers area actually black, not brown as they appear in the first set of photos. I'm lovin' these. Heck, I'd put the Buff on the helmet in black and go with them full time. I love the really old uniforms, before stupid, unimaginative things like stripes started to take over.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I agree - I like 'em.

They're clean and classy, distinctive enough to be instantly recognized even at a glance, and honor the school's heritage, all while providing opportunity for the designer to add small details that will enhance the jersey when seen close up.

That's just about my recipe for a perfect uniform.

Agreed. The only thing I'd like to have seen done differently is to have those panels on the shoulders and gut sewn on rather than printed.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Five dollars says the Buffs roll out some version of these as a full-time set next season.

Okay...maybe not, but one sure could hope. ^_^

(Before they do, though, they gon' need to fix that shade of gold...and possibly go with shiny sheen silver pants to "complete" the look??)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived