San Francisco 49ers Concept

Old School Fool

Alright, this is my first concept I've ever put effort into. This was tedious work to do in MS Paint, and yes its a slight recolor job and stuff, but I wanted to see what exactly this would look like as a uniform and see what you guys here at CCSLC think about it. I also tried really hard to make this look smooth in the confines of MS Paint, so please go easy on me. :)

What I did was, see exactly how elements of their previous uniform, their 50's uniform, and their throwback/current one would work combined, and it came down to this.

At first, the pants for both sets were going to be white, but then I came to the conclusion that they need a set of gold pants too, because it's just not the 49ers without it. I modified the colors of the logo, and added in the old school wordmark because I just love it. (No offense to the forum member who designed it, I love it myself but I prefer the old wordmark)

Also, I love grey facemasks. Sue me. :P

49ersconcept.jpg

49ersconcept2.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

Two things, first off the helmet stripes and the pant stripes dont match. I know you didn't create this issue it was an existing one, but it bugged me in the old uni that the pant stripes had a gold inlay stripe in there but the helmet stripes the maroon and black were flush against each other, and your centre helmet stripe is still in the old red by the way.

Second thing is you're going to need to put TV numbers on it somewhere for the jersey to be within NFL regulations. I know the '94 Superbowl year jerseys didn't have any but they were supposed to be a throwback worn for two games which we decided were lucky and wore for the rest of the year, and if I remember right the NFL were not exactly happy about.

It's nothing revolutionary but excellent job on making it look clean and tidy using MS Paint so kudos for that, and I too like the grey facemasks so I got your back on that one!

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Archived