2009 College Football Uniforms

CIM

(Sorry if this has been covered somewhere already)

Now that the NCAA has relaxed their policy and will allow both teams to wear home uniforms as long as they don't clash, has there been any information out there show which teams would partake? Should be interesting to see and I hope many teams take advantage of this...

When Clemson hosts Coastal Carolina on Halloween, Clemson will be wearing all orange and Coastal will be wearing all black.

http://www.upstatetoday.com/news/2009/aug/25/clemson-holds-fan-day-updates-depth-chart/

A Halloween theme. The Tigers are set to meet in-state foe Coastal Carolina on Oct. 31, and now, the teams will be dressed for the occasion.

Coastal Carolina head coach David Bennett e-mailed Swinney last week with the idea that the Chanticleers wear their all-black uniforms for the date.

Swinney obliged and said the Tigers now plan to wear all-orange uniforms to give it a true orange-and-black Halloween feel.

?So, it?ll be a Halloween trick-or-treat,? Swinney said. ?I said, ?Just make sure you leave the tricks at home, and that it?s a nice treat for Clemson when you come.? He didn?t like that too much ? but it should be a fun day for our state.?

Tennessee's orange vs. Alabama's crimson is an example of another combination that would work quite well.

One of the 'home' jerseys would pretty much need to be one of the lighter shades -- orange, yellow/gold, light blue are the first that come to mind.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Tennessee's orange vs. Alabama's crimson is an example of another combination that would work quite well.

One of the 'home' jerseys would pretty much need to be one of the lighter shades -- orange, yellow/gold, light blue are the first that come to mind.

They use to do that in the 60's and 70's it would look nice.

In the past, schools had to petition the conference president to ask for a color/color game. Now, the schools need only make arrangements with each other. Should we be concerned that there is no oversight with this? A few years back during a Wisonsin (red) vs Illinois (orange) basketball game, it was difficult to distiguish one team from the other.

In the past, schools had to petition the conference president to ask for a color/color game. Now, the schools need only make arrangements with each other. Should we be concerned that there is no oversight with this? A few years back during a Wisonsin (red) vs Illinois (orange) basketball game, it was difficult to distiguish one team from the other.

Guess we just have to trust the teams to not be dumb enough to use red or gold vs. orange. Another example of bad color vs. color is when the Suns wore orange against the Lakers in gold.

Since this will turn into a 'who is your favorite team, who are their rivals, and what color jerseys do they wear?' thread anyways, I might as well post my homer pick. I do think this would be a beautiful game. Here is my attempt at a recolor in Inkscape....

UM_OSUhomes.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived