If you could add ONE component to a College FB Uni, what would it be?

Candyc0ded

I wouldn't mind seeing that either.

Nor would I mind seeing something like this concept set I did long ago:

UCLAstyleguideaction.png

(Disclaimer: NOT color-optimized)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I guess the orange pants are now out of the scheme completely, but just once I would like to see UF wear orange pants with the blue jerseys. The only time I saw them wear that was when I was watching an old game on ESPN classic. I thought when they wore orange pants on the road (in the Zook era), they looked horrible, but I wouldn't mind seeing them with the home set.

No, Georgia doesn't need black pants, they used to have the simple combination of TWO jerseys, home and away, that's it, and then the whole blackout craze began, and the seniors got to wear black a couple of years ago. And it was very cool that one time, especially because they destroyed Auburn. And then they wore them in the Sugar Bowl against Hawaii, and it was still sorta cool, but not as cool, and they beat Hawaii pretty bad as well, although I'm pretty sure any team in the SEC could've beat Hawaii wearing whatever color they please. Getting back on track, UGA wore black last year against Alabama, and they got crushed. These jerseys shouldn't see the light of day for a while after what happened. I would suggest that they wear it one time a year and it being at homecoming. I do not want to see Georgia joining the crowd of teams with too many pants and jersey combinations, and that's why I don't want to see black pants, along with the fact that it would look goofy. Especially when the team is known for its signature silver britches. Georgia is one of the few schools that Nike hasn't screwed up and there is no need for that to start anytime soon.

I don't know if you remember, but Nike gave Georgia some black britches in the late 90s/early 2000s. They wore them for more than a few games, even wore red tops with the black pants. It's when the Dawgs had the black stripe on the helmet, and shadowed numbers.

Nike has screwed with Georgia before. It's not unprecedented.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

UCLAstyleguideaction.png

Great concept, Bucco. If anything, I'd add a single gold stripe on those light blue pants and call it good.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't know if you remember, but Nike gave Georgia some black britches in the late 90s/early 2000s. They wore them for more than a few games, even wore red tops with the black pants. It's when the Dawgs had the black stripe on the helmet, and shadowed numbers.

Nike has screwed with Georgia before. It's not unprecedented.

To be precise, the black pants were worn in their 1998 Outback Bowl win over Wisconsin.

WardHines-t.JPG

Of course, they've also worn red pants well before Nike hit the scene:

34-UT1980-t.JPG

(I heard that that Walker guy was pretty good.)

Shadowed numbers, you say?

seymour-ut2000-t.JPG

bobo-t.JPG

I get the whole silver britches thing, but these other pants certainly don't look bad.

Packers-2.png

Florida should change one of the sleeves on their home jersey to orange, but just one. That would be sweet.

They would never do such a thing. Never in a million years........

yeah, I know.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...

I'd bring back team color gloves. Arguing about gray facemasks is one thing, but @ least it's not implemented by every team. Grey gloves ARE. While I know that the rule was put into place because gray gloves contrast with the color of the football, still it just seems so...wrong.

Yes, yes, yes.....a thousand times yes.

Although I have noticed that Brandon Spikes from Florida wore orange & gray gloves today. A lot of Tennessee players had white & black gloves. And BYU players wore navy blue & gray. Gray gloves are ridiculous.

I would also bring back their orange pants. This was my favorite look of theirs:

5274451.jpg

They only look so good because Sexy Rexy is wearing them :P

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

If everybody can add on to the list that'd be great. Add approval or disapproval of the ideas listed.

#1. I would add the white pants to LSU's look as an occasional option in hot, sunny, day games. If I could add two, I'd say the white helmets. (but i won't since it's only one addition.)

#2. Bring back the orange pants for Florida, especially with the road unis. I think their orange/blue/orange home look is one of the best looks in college football. Don't mind the

Well, this LSU alum would prefer the uniforms stay the way they are -- yellow pants only. My wish would be that the Tigers wear purple more at home.

LSU did the white helmets/white jerseys deal at Tulane two years ago. It was OK -- it's just not LSU.

UCLAstyleguideaction.png

I LOVE this concept. The only thing that seems out of place to me is the navy face mask. Would it be so wrong to have a UCLA blue mask?

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

Archived