Kansas City Chiefs **UPDATE 9/8

chestnutz

Like I said, the helmet has been done before. Hell, I did that design on a piece of notebook paper when I was in high school over 15 years ago. It's a pretty obvious solution, so I highly doubt there's any copying going on here, if that's what you're implying gueman (BTW - I like your first and second ones a lot - love the integration of the KC logo in the second one.)

It hasn't been perfected yet (at least not that I've seen on here), so I'm interested to see where this goes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Like I said, the helmet has been done before. Hell, I did that design on a piece of notebook paper when I was in high school over 15 years ago. It's a pretty obvious solution, so I highly doubt there's any copying going on here, if that's what you're implying gueman (BTW - I like your first and second ones a lot - love the integration of the KC logo in the second one.)

It hasn't been perfected yet (at least not that I've seen on here), so I'm interested to see where this goes.

Oh no I did not mean to imply that at all. I am not really one of those guys on here. There are a lot of similar ideas that can be independently created. I must have missed your other post. I agree it is a kinda obvious way to go.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Alrighty, update time!

PRIMARY LOGO

-Changed the face a bit, still unsure what to do drastically though

-Made both earring things straight

WORDMARK

-Got rid of white two-tone, applied the edgy effect to the whole thing

HELMET

-Full headdress now. I'm not too good at rendering things like this on helmets and making them look realistic though, it's the best I could do.

-White facemask

UNIFORMS

-Changed collar color to whatever the jersey color is (red on red, white on white)

-New number font

-New wordmark on chest, smaller

-New pants stripe, meant to look like what they use now.

-New away socks instead of just plain white, added stripes to them

Chiefs-logo-sheet2.png

Chiefs-uniforms-2.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I like where you're starting to go with this, the helmet is really starting to look good. However, I think you're trying too hard to make it fit a primary logo. I think you'd be best trying something different as a logo and leaving the headdress soley on the helmet. This way you've got something iconic like the winged helmets, made unique by the fact it's only used in one situation. I'd even go as far as to say you should try and simplify the decal further, and see how basic you can go before you need to add more detail again. As for what to do with the primary logo, perhaps a full body version? I like the effect you've used on the wordmark, so it would be nice to see it incorporated elsewhere in the set.

Wow, awesome C&C man. I don't go around saying your concepts look like s***, even if they do.

Let it go, Erik. Just let it go.

You keep working on improving your product...and don't let the words of one naysayer's post derail your progression.

FTR...I like where the update is going. Although, I will say that in this PC world of pro sports, an actual face may not be the way to go (if you were thinking along that line). On its own merits, though, it's looking better than it was before.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I kinda like where this is going. Let's start with the wordmark. The texture is a little strong. I think if you made the notches thinner, you could accomplish a more balanced look. If you do keep working on the head as a primary, I recommend sharper lines for the face. More chiseled features. Also, as far as proportions go the eyes are really high on the face, higher than they should be. The forehead has a really strong bulge, making it look like a five-head. The forehead area should be flatter. On the secondary, I recommend applying the texture things I already mentioned, as well as putting a flare-style serif on the K. This would be more consistent and visually interesting. For the uniforms, I think the helmet is coming along nicely, but there is one thing regarding the jerseys: please make the logo on the left sleeve point forward. It looks like it is in reverse right now. Also, I think you could take more liberties with the uniform set as a whole. If you are going to go to the point of saying screw tradition, then go all out. Right now, the ideas in the logo set and helmet say that, but the pants and jerseys look like a compromise. Keep working at it.

Archived