Oregon Ducks UNI WATCH

watermelonman

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

53e3491b657f0c3bd27866c2f8fdf387-getty-california_v_oregon.jpg

Unbelievable... Those are excellent!

It's amazing how their normal ugly ass clown suits make these throwbacks look so much better than they probably are. Don't get me wrong, I think they look great. They're very simple and clean. They're just not terribly exciting but they are a vast improvement over that they usually wear.

The funny thing is if this look was Oregon's regular look half the people on this board would be trashing them for how boring and unoriginal they are. We'd constantly be hearing the calls of the "modernizers" and "updaters." :D

BB52Big.jpg

:cursing:

The first time in years that I've wanted to see the Ducks play...and the game is not on TV here.

These uniforms look good, but I wish they had gone with the previous incarnation that had the stripes on the helemet and sleeves. However, I'll take this look over what they're wearing these days.

I have a feeling these won't just be shelved. I think we didn't get yellow pants this year because we will be wearing those more than once. The green was made the modern shade so don't be surprised to see this jersey matched in other combos.

53e3491b657f0c3bd27866c2f8fdf387-getty-california_v_oregon.jpg

Unbelievable... Those are excellent!

It's amazing how their normal ugly ass clown suits make these throwbacks look so much better than they probably are. Don't get me wrong, I think they look great. They're very simple and clean. They're just not terribly exciting but they are a vast improvement over that they usually wear.

The funny thing is if this look was Oregon's regular look half the people on this board would be trashing them for how boring and unoriginal they are. We'd constantly be hearing the calls of the "modernizers" and "updaters." :D

I wouldn't doubt it. But as long as they kept to a yellow-helmet, green-jersey, yellow pants system (hello green bay packers) I could deal with modernization and piping with crazy fonts and patters.

This set would look great with their current helmets.

wpuldn't be surprised if they try to keep them for a good part of the season but I think nike might have a say in that...btw the late 90's rose bowl unis really looked like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9635776@N08/1252516118/

also I think when they went nike the kelly greens had dark green necklines and sleeve cuffs (akili smith era)

nonetheless the green and yellow was great but I do remember these being very dull in the 90's

like the others said take the current green mallard helmet and make it blend with the green jersey and yellow pants and you have a winner.

Yeah, I have a feeling these will be mixed into more combos this year. The jerseys weren't even the right color, these were the colors of that era:

OregonUOf_ATH_2002_SOL_SRGB.png

However the green was obviously from the modernization:

OregonUOf_ATH_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Credit goes to colorwerx

They should've been the light green with dark green collars.

21125061_l.jpg

I kept pointing this out to my dad (thanks CCSLC for turning me into a uni nerd) and he was like "just stop complaining and accept it" haha. I thought they still looked great today, just not accurate.

I think there new uniforms would look okay with some tweaks and the right combos (white/green/steel=:puke:). However, I absolutley LOVE these throwbacks, I always liked the current O logo they have now but after seeing the highlights with these uniforms, I think they would have one of the best uniforms in the NCAA with uniforms modeled after these full time.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Take the UO logo off and put the current O on there and that is what I always thought the yellow helmet would look like. Not that stupid flamed thing they put out. The yellow helmet could've been sweet, instead they use poor execution and it got canned this year in favor of a "carbon fiber" (wtf?) helmet.

Archived