New Dallas Mavericks Alternate on September 21st

Old School Fool

i agreee chakfu....but from the looks of it, they dont seem to enjoy green too much anymore, which is a damn shame.

Who doesn?t enjoy green anymore? I?m still hoping my Jazz bring these old retro classics back! In fact, I?ve heard rumors from within the organization that it may be incorporated into the new logo for the 2010-11 season.

jazz_dantley_240.jpg

And were these not a popular choice among fans in Dallas or something? thdontknow.gif

dal_uni_08.jpg

The current Mavericks logo is kind of a big mess of odd shapes, odd lettering, and odd symbolism: it uses a horse, even though a maverick is a bull (though this would be problematic for self-evident reasons). A wild horse is a mustang, not a maverick. Despite the attempt at something Western, the wordmarks and numbers fall into some vague technocrap style.

I don't really like it, but then I look back at a basketball wearing a cowboy hat, which to me is in the Bucco Bruce tier of bad logos that also happen to signify moribund teams. Also, how soon we forget how terrible those wordmarks were: that big swashy lettering was dated by the end of the '70s, to say nothing of 1980.

I wish I had a solution to this. I don't suppose they can go full-bore Texan when there are two other teams in the state, and red/white/blue would just chap everyone's ass (including my own, after advocating progressive "maverick" design).

How right are you are sir!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Archived