2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rays jerseys is so close, but they messed it up. They finally put outlines on the names, and instead of having them match the numbers they flip the colors? Silly. I know they are essentially using the same numbers as on the navy alternate, but 1) you don't need "font color continuity", and 2)the navy alts suck, and would look better if the logo and name/numbers were light blue with a white outline. This jersey would look a lot better with navy letters outlined in white. I know the player's name is the least important part of the jersey, but this will be washed out from the stands and probably washed out on TV in any shot other than a close up.

I also agree that the old "Tulane" colors TB used were better (minus the black), but oh well. This could still be a solid, albeit generic, set if they made a few tweaks.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Is the Rays jersey actually a darker shade of their light blue, or is that just how it comes across in the photograph and it will be much lighter when we see it on the field?

They're supposed to be the same color.

Is the Rays jersey actually a darker shade of their light blue, or is that just how it comes across in the photograph and it will be much lighter when we see it on the field?

They're supposed to be the same color.

Got it.

And is their original powder blue, say the kind that's found in their MLB logo on the jersey back, the same as most other team's powder blues? For instance, the Royals?

Was this darker powder blue some sort of manufacturing mistake? Will we hear anything about this when it's unveiled?

And is their original powder blue, say the kind that's found in their MLB logo on the jersey back, the same as most other team's powder blues? For instance, the Royals?

Was this darker powder blue some sort of manufacturing mistake? Will we hear anything about this when it's unveiled?

Standard Powder Blue vs. the Rays' Light Blue (in fabric/textile terms):

PTX_16-4132_TCX_SRGB.png <-> PTX_16-4134_TCX_SRGB.png

Royals did it first and better. Rays should've used like an Eagles green instead of navy. Oh well.

I actually prefer the Rays' execution of this. (I agree with you on the colors, though: the Rays should have gone with either light blue and dark green or navy and bright green.) But considering how many teams have navy alts or red alts, or even both, I don't mind if a couple of teams have light blue alts. Bonus points to the Rays, though, for light blue actually being a team color.

Now if only the Rays would drop the navy alt, they'd be just a couple of tweaks away from having a respectable B-plus uni set.

20082614447.png

Worst part of Rays' alt: nameplate. Major League franchises shouldn't be wearing nameplates.

But I like powder blue jerseys (NOT pants though), so it's a win.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Worst part of Rays' alt: nameplate. Major League franchises shouldn't be wearing nameplates.

But I like powder blue jerseys (NOT pants though), so it's a win.

In a sport like baseball where players go to and from the minors (and change teams) frequently, I'd think nameplates would be almost a necessity. Personally, I feel the exact opposite - I just don't like direct-stitching. Reminds me too much of basketball.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

MLBShop has temporarily pulled them down off of the site. Maybe someone jumped the gun. Too bad. I almost talked myself into buying one. Alas.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

That's a good idea. I took it one step further and went back to dark green instead of the dark blue they use now, so that there's a little more continuity with the franchise:

tbrays.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived