2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

This probably gives it away completely, but it's not Comic Sans or Copperplate.

I'd like to see what people could come up with here before it gets posted/released.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they have two main jerseys (home, road), two blue alts, a pinstriped alt, and the four "40th" throwbacks. That's almost Mets-level uniform outlandishness.

The "pinstriped alt" (ball-in-glove) is only going to be worn one time this year, for one of the 40th anniversary throwback weekends (as they will also do with the 70s and 90s unis), so it's no longer part of their rotation - just a one-off like the negro leagues, Cerveceros, and the other 2 40th anniversary unis.

So they are down to the standard home and away sets, plus the 2 navy jerseys as far as sets that will be worn more than once.

City Bold and Agency?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

And here I was going to go with Arial and Impact.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So they have two main jerseys (home, road), two blue alts, a pinstriped alt, and the four "40th" throwbacks. That's almost Mets-level uniform outlandishness.

The "pinstriped alt" (ball-in-glove) is only going to be worn one time this year, for one of the 40th anniversary throwback weekends (as they will also do with the 70s and 90s unis), so it's no longer part of their rotation - just a one-off like the negro leagues, Cerveceros, and the other 2 40th anniversary unis.

So they are down to the standard home and away sets, plus the 2 navy jerseys as far as sets that will be worn more than once.

Do you have a source for that?

Every time the Brewers have done an explicit 80s throwback, it has been a pullover. What makes you think they're going to use the button-ups, which are not now, nor were ever intended to be, repoductions of the 1980s uniform?

So wait, it uses Trajan, Bank Gothic, and Agency?

Yes.

Primary font: Trajan Pro

Alternate font: Agency FB Bold Wide

Support font: Bank Gothic BT

I also forgot to give a star to TwoRsAndTwoLs for his correct response. (**) Good work!

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

I don't think they really wear the throwbacks much anymore. They might not wear them at all.

The Brewers still wear the throwbacks, they just don't wear them much anymore. And certainly not on a regular schedule.

Here's Casey McGehee, who joined the Brewers in 2009, rocking the pinstripes (copy and paste).

http://media.jsonline.com/images/457*600/mjs-brewers13_spt_jack-orton_8-of-several.jpg

But they can't get rid of them altogether, since by all appearances they sell more throwback merchandise than contemporary merchandise.

The MLB shop has pulled the three Brewers road alt jerseys, even though they're on sale at Miller Park. Guess they want to make a big announcement first.

Also the Spanish Cerveceros jersey....

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Teams like the Brewers and Pirates really need to cut down on the number of alternate uniforms they have... One road, one home maybe up to two alternates I think would more than suffice.

The Pirates only have the Black alternate unless there was another 2 or 3 released THIS year. The only other teams that I know that have at LEAST 3 alternates are:

-Milwaukee (Road Navy, Home Navy, Throwback, Spanish Themed)

-Houston (Road Brick color, Home Brick Color, Home White w/o pinstripes)

-Minnesota

-NY Mets

if there are others feel free to add....

Teams like the Brewers and Pirates really need to cut down on the number of alternate uniforms they have... One road, one home maybe up to two alternates I think would more than suffice.

The Pirates only have the Black alternate unless there was another 2 or 3 released THIS year. The only other teams that I know that have at LEAST 3 alternates are:

-Milwaukee (Road Navy, Home Navy, Throwback, Spanish Themed)

-Houston (Road Brick color, Home Brick Color, Home White w/o pinstripes)

-Minnesota

-NY Mets

if there are others feel free to add....

I think you can put the Milwaukee Cervaceros jersey into the "one-off" category, so it shouldn't count against their regular set. That means they're "only" a 3-alt team.

The Pirates still have the pinstripe vest as a part of their set, whether they actually wear it or not. But they do participate in a couple of throwback nights (one is usually a Negro League game too).

And I thought the Mets were down to 4 jerseys now (white, grey, cream pinstripe, black). Did they keep the white pinstripes after all? I thought they got tossed for the cream pinstripes.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

At work, I'm a Wingding in a Courier New world.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So wait, it uses Trajan, Bank Gothic, and Agency?

Yes.

Primary font: Trajan Pro

Alternate font: Agency FB Bold Wide

Support font: Bank Gothic BT

I also forgot to give a star to TwoRsAndTwoLs for his correct response. (**) Good work!

Won't be the first time MLB used Trajan and Bank Gothic either...

fgj6otycngils0r3jhs0.gif

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

It's been interesting to watch CollegeHumor evolve from "look at the jugs on this chick this one guy sent in" to complete dorkery. Jake and Amir are my co-pilots.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived