2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teams like the Brewers and Pirates really need to cut down on the number of alternate uniforms they have... One road, one home maybe up to two alternates I think would more than suffice.

The Pirates only have the Black alternate unless there was another 2 or 3 released THIS year. The only other teams that I know that have at LEAST 3 alternates are:

-Milwaukee (Road Navy, Home Navy, Throwback, Spanish Themed)

-Houston (Road Brick color, Home Brick Color, Home White w/o pinstripes)

-Minnesota

-NY Mets

if there are others feel free to add....

Rays...

- Home whites

- Road grays

- Navy alt

- Columbia alt

They are supposed to match team colors (as scarsofthumper mentioned); here are the current Yankees colors:

NewYorkYankees_FRC_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

The Gray is in there because of its usage on the BP jerseys; I would doubt that the Gray is supposed to match the road uniform color.

Just noticed this on the background at yankees.com.

bg_nyy_tile.gif

Of the myriad of Yankees 27th Championship logos, I like this the best. Not sure where this fits in with all of the other excessive 27th championship fanfare.

That looks really good. I like how simple it is, with the only color being the pinstripes.

They're matched to the team's colors.

Speaking of which, does anybody know why the color of the MLB logo on the Dodgers cap is navy?

Dodgers:

4373876170_8a01e22fe6_o.jpg

By contrast, the Cubs use a royal blue. Note that the Dodgers cap and Cubs cap use the same shade of dark royal for the cap panel material.

Cubs:

4373121717_3832b195aa_o.jpg

For comparison, here's the Red Sox cap.

4373876180_529ee9c334_o.jpg

bg_nyy_tile.gif

Of the myriad of Yankees 27th Championship logos, I like this the best. Not sure where this fits in with all of the other excessive 27th championship fanfare.

Wow. I hate that they won #27 by beating the Phillies, but damn if they haven't come up with some sweet celebratory logos. This one is fantastic in nearly every way. I'd like for the NY to be just a tad smaller, so more of the 7 is shown, but other than that, the way the pinstripes match up with the flag poles of the trophy is just great. Well done.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Are there new batting practice jerseys released this year? Because I was snooping around on MLB.com/shop and I noticed that the Cubs' BP jersey doesn't have the red armpit on their jersey anymore. It's just white.

You sure about that?

Screenshot2010-02-21at050800PM.png

Screenshot2010-02-21at050416PM.png

Screenshot2010-02-21at050509PM.png

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

bg_nyy_tile.gif

Wow. I hate that they won #27 by beating the Phillies, but damn if they haven't come up with some sweet celebratory logos. This one is fantastic in nearly every way. I'd like for the NY to be just a tad smaller, so more of the 7 is shown, but other than that, the way the pinstripes match up with the flag poles of the trophy is just great. Well done.

It would be better if it used the Yankees varsity font. I thought there were official versions with the varsity font.

Either way, it's simple and classy.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

bg_nyy_tile.gif

It would be better if it used the Yankees varsity font. I thought there were official versions with the varsity font.

I disagree. I think that the combination of the varsity font and the pinstripes would have made for too many straight lines and angles. The rounded font complements the stripes, and ties in with the roundness of the trophy nearly perfectly IMO. There may be a better rounded font than the one they used, but either way I think it's better than the varsity (though I'd have to actually see it of course.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

bg_nyy_tile.gif

I disagree. I think that the combination of the varsity font and the pinstripes would have made for too many straight lines and angles. The rounded font complements the stripes, and ties in with the roundness of the trophy nearly perfectly IMO. There may be a better rounded font than the one they used, but either way I think it's better than the varsity (though I'd have to actually see it of course.)

i'll second that. i like the rounded numbers. that is one fantastic logo. and i say it begrudgingly. have to give them credit, they know exactly how to do things the right way. that inaugural logo on the back of the hat last year might be the only misstep along the way in the past 20 years design-wise.

sig2024.png

Are there new batting practice jerseys released this year? Because I was snooping around on MLB.com/shop and I noticed that the Cubs' BP jersey doesn't have the red armpit on their jersey anymore. It's just white.

You sure about that?

Screenshot2010-02-21at050800PM.png

Screenshot2010-02-21at050416PM.png

Screenshot2010-02-21at050509PM.png

This is what I saw on the site: pMLB2-5472903dt.jpg

IowaOaks.png

Archived