2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this logo in commercials during a Penguins game the other day:

pirates1.gif

What is it for? Hopefully not sleeve patches.

Pirates have had this logo for a few years. It is located on the half-wall in the RF baseline stands.

This is the first year the Pirates have it listed in their style guide. It's only an alternate logo and won't be on the uniforms - at least not this year.

It's replacing this logo:

midx8sd4tayhy12tmuwch6mjn.gif

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

pirates1.gif

Pirates have had this logo for a few years. It is located on the half-wall in the RF baseline stands.

This is the first year the Pirates have it listed in their style guide. It's only an alternate logo and won't be on the uniforms - at least not this year.

Will they still retain the other flag logo, the one that doesn't have the Pirates wordmark? I kind of like that logo...

Will they still retain the other flag logo, the one that doesn't have the Pirates wordmark? I kind of like that logo...

Yes, that one is staying.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Just noticed this on the background at yankees.com.

bg_nyy_tile.gif

Of the myriad of Yankees 27th Championship logos, I like this the best. Not sure where this fits in with all of the other excessive 27th championship fanfare.

As much as I despise the ballclub in all ways possible...I have to admit that it is a sweet logo. I just don't like the placement of the 'NY' logo. Did they even need to include it? I think any human being on the planet that can recognize the 'NY' logo would know which team won 27 WS titles.

Maybe the logo would fit better underneath the numbers.

thats what I was thinking too. If it has to be in there then put it under the numbers. I think the number "27" gives the logo enough of a break from the symmetry of the lines to make it work. Not to mention the 'NY' logo sticks out even more against the pinstripe backdrop.

Again, still a very solid logo...just my personal opinions on it. I'm sure I'll get over it :)

Was there a logo for the Yankees' 26th championship in 2000 or their 25th in 1999? It seems weird to me to start making logos for their xth championship with number 27. I can understand 25 or 30, but 27?

Then again, I'm a bitter Mets fan.

pirates1.gif

Very nice and sophisticated treatment. Much better than the Tampa Bayesque design and colors. Someone may have some style over there yet.

Was there a logo for the Yankees' 26th championship in 2000 or their 25th in 1999? It seems weird to me to start making logos for their xth championship with number 27. I can understand 25 or 30, but 27?

I don't recall seeing any previous designs.

I would love to fast forward 100 years so that the Lakers or some other team can have 30 World Championships and move ahead of the Yankees. But of course with our luck by then New York would have won 23 more titles and put out a 50 logo or something.

Then again, I'm just a bitter Red Sox fan. :)

I don't recall seeing any previous designs.

I would love to fast forward 100 years so that the Lakers or some other team can have 30 World Championships and move ahead of the Yankees. But of course with our luck by then New York would have won 23 more titles and put out a 50 logo or something.

Then again, I'm just a bitter Red Sox fan. :)

Aren't the Yankees something like the second or third most successful sports franchise in the world, in terms of total number of championships won? I know they overtook the Canadiens (25) a while ago, and I think there's only a few soccer clubs that have more championships than they do.

I could be completely wrong, though... Maybe I'm thinking of championship APPEARANCES, as opposed to wins. I know the Yankees are considerably far ahead of any other North American sports franchise in terms of championship berths (40). The Lakers are second with 30, I think, but having only won half.

since it doesnt appear to have been mentioned earlier around here, in addition to the Giants new alt caps (which will also be worn on Sundays at home with the usual cream jerseys in addition to on Fridays with the beautiful new orange alternate), they will also be sporting striped socks (three orange stripes on black)full time this season.

Archived