2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

World series logo

screenshot20100228at443.png

Thanks for posting that.

It'll be a great World Series logo, as long as it's the Rays versus the Padres or the Royals versus the Brewers in October. Any other teams, and there will be some serious uniform clash issues with the patches and field art for the Series.

20082614447.png

Okay, so:

According to Uni Watch:

"I've seen all the new MLB designs for next season and can report that another team is going to have a powder blue alternate jersey, plus one team is adding a powder blue alt cap."

Friendly speculation on what changes you think we'll see?  Who gets the powder blue alt jersey and powder blue cap?  After their early May uniform survey, do the Mets have changes on the horizon?  Twins redesign (we remember the altered wordmark from the new stadium)?  What do you guys  think?

My guess:

I could see the Brew Crew being the next in line for a trip down powder blue lane since the throwback Friday alts seem to have been ditched thanks to poor responses from the players (shows what they know!) and I could see the Royals being the team adding the powder blue cap to match the jersey.  I kind of wish it could be the Rays, since their navy alt jersey is LAME and they should have gone powder blue for their alt in the first place.

I'm dying for a Mets redesign.  I could see them stay the same across the board except exchanging the black alt for a new blue alt.  And I think the Twinkies might ditch the pinstripes when they switch wordmarks.  

Let the spectulation begin!

The Mets could use a 21st Century Update of their logo, maybe just in time for their 50th Anniversary Season!

The Mets logo is probably the best thing about the entire organization... And there's really very little reason to update it. Maybe the NYC skyline has changed somewhat since the 60s, but it's a timeless logo, really, and it perfectly defines "Mets."

Agreed.

It's just the black they need to lose. It's ugly on them.

I just completed a Home Run Derby on MLB the Show 10 and those All-Star Game uniforms are fantastic! I don't have any screen shots yet but I can tell you the NL wears Blue and the AL wears red. The Halo will go over the N in National and the A in American, while the i will be dotted with a star. I'm pretty sure this will be the uniform they use for the Home Run Derby this year, and as soon as I can get some shots I'll post them.

I don't believe so, but I have to tell you, I absolutely HATE that the silhouette on the back of the hat is navy and gray this year (as it was last year with the inaugural season patch, but that was understandable). I loved the regular red, white, and navy that they've ALWAYS used. It just looks odd to me. I noticed they used the gray in the silhouette on the back of all their warmup gear as well. Watching the game yesterday though I didn't notice if they changed the color of the silhouette on the back of the jerseys, or if red is still included. I imagine they'll change it, although I really hope that isn't the case. I'll be devastated because it just doesn't look right to me. Especially since all of my Yankee jerseys has the traditionally colored silhouette on the back.

Have the Yankees ever had silver in the MLB Guy logo?

Twice before that I can remember, the 2009 Inaugural Season cap:

pMLB2-6786967_alternate2_dt.jpg

and TWO BP cap models ago. I can't seam to find a picture, but I have one of those hats at home. I'll take a picture if I can. The last model however had the regular one, which I prefer much more.

Anubis.png

You're right - I was thinking of the solid-color 39thirty caps. Maybe 2003? Forgot that the Yankees ended their silly-gear holdout after Torre was fired.

I don't think that one above qualifies, though. Being as how it's part of an event patch and not the regular batterman (which is embroidered).

sorry, didn't make myself clear.

The holdout wasn't silly, it was admirable (good on you, Moreno!). The merchandise-driven gear is silly.

I think "silly-gear holdout" meant they held out from silly gear, whereas "silly gear holdout" could be taken that way or as the holdout was silly.

Regardless, the red/white/blue logo works for the Yankees beyond the familiarity angle because red is actually a part of the color scheme, if you consider the big Bat-In-Hat Yankees logo as their primary logo. They should have just left it alone on the game caps.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

They've really been pushing silver/grey as an Official Team Color lately (see the new dugout jackets with the silver and white "New York" script) and I'm just not feeling it. Like I've said before, the Yankees sort of transcend the whole concept of team colors.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They've really been pushing silver/grey as an Official Team Color lately (see the new dugout jackets with the silver and white "New York" script) and I'm just not feeling it. Like I've said before, the Yankees sort of transcend the whole concept of team colors.

I feel like dropping the red is slowly pushing them away from their primary logo. Wonder if there's any chance that their current primary is relegated to the role of an alternate logo (which it basically is anyway) and the interlocking NY becomes their new primary?

330zl3b.png

I feel like dropping the red is slowly pushing them away from their primary logo. Wonder if there's any chance that their current primary is relegated to the role of an alternate logo (which it basically is anyway) and the interlocking NY becomes their new primary?

I was just thinking the same thing. It'd be a lot like what the Tigers did a few years back. It would be a surprise because that Yankees logo has been around so long, but it's hard for even that to compete with the iconic NY.

Archived