2010 MLB New Logos, Uniforms, Patches

Brian E

Watchin the phillies vs pirates exhibition game, I noticed that the pirates bp jerseys have have a problem with the logo

Here is a player with the lower left bat missing, most players have the lower left bat part intact lol

huh? I believe the lower left bat is there. Well I can see it.. unless i'm tripping out as always.

ha yeah i can see it too

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watchin the phillies vs pirates exhibition game, I noticed that the pirates bp jerseys have have a problem with the logo

Here is a player with the lower left bat missing, most players have the lower left bat part intact lol

huh? I believe the lower left bat is there. Well I can see it.. unless i'm tripping out as always.

ha yeah i can see it too

Yea, I think I see it. It's a bit hard to tell because of the quality of the photo.

It's there, it just looks weird because it's buried in the tail of the bandanna, when it looks like it should come right out of the white line.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Watched the Giants/A's game Thursday night with Zito pitching. He shows a lot of sock and I noticed that there were three orange stripes near the top of his sock when they used to be solid black. Wonder if this is a change for this season. Haven't been able to find a picture of it online at all.

Watched the Giants/A's game Thursday night with Zito pitching. He shows a lot of sock and I noticed that there were three orange stripes near the top of his sock when they used to be solid black. Wonder if this is a change for this season. Haven't been able to find a picture of it online at all.

It is on page 44 of this thread.

Does anyone happen to have logos for the Jackie Robinson Day (since 2007) and the logo for the All-Star Workout Day?

There gray-scale verisons of the World Series logo and Post season logo it self out however through a MLB specific media guide.

2010 mets opening day is here and damn, do those cream pintsripes with blue hats look amazing on the green grass bight sun and blue skys. the marlins look good to actually wearing gray on the road for once instead of black which they basically did every game last season.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

2010 mets opening day is here and damn, do those cream pintsripes with blue hats look amazing on the green grass bight sun and blue skys.

Don't know what game you're watching. But those things are awful. Looks like they were washed in the same washer as the Pats dirty whites from a few years back. They're my two favorite teams, but man they look like :censored:.

Bring back the whites and drop the black.

Not sure if this will show up on the field, but Lids.com just added another Angels batting practice cap to their website:

http://www.lids.com/pid/20198338

So maybe the Angels are using their old design on the road and the new red BP hap design at home this year? The Angels red brim/navy crown hat is always a winner in my book.

I'm watching the Giants-Astros game on ESPN and they just showed a clip of Hideki Matsui walking out on the field for the Angels for the first time. He and the rest of the team are wearing the navy blue hats I linked last week. (Definitely the new 39Thirty cut, not just last year's hats.) I did see one website reference them as the "home" BP hats.

So either the red ones we first saw months ago are the road BP hats for the Halos or they just decided not to use them.

2010 mets opening day is here and damn, do those cream pintsripes with blue hats look amazing on the green grass bight sun and blue skys.

Don't know what game you're watching. But those things are awful. Looks like they were washed in the same washer as the Pats dirty whites from a few years back. They're my two favorite teams, but man they look like :censored:.

I'm not gonna lie. I had hoped they'd switch to cream for a few years now, and I was a fan of them when they were introduced (except for still containing the drop shadow).

That being said, I couldn't help but think about how the white pinstriped edition is just superior. It just doesn't look right. Works for the Giants, doesn't for the Mets...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I don't know about that - looked pretty good to me. Except for the stupid black drop-shadow muddying up the letters.

Agreed. And this is coming from probably the only person in these parts who actually likes the use of black in the Mets' identity (though not necessarily the black jerseys or caps).

It's ok to me on the regular white/gray uniforms, but dropshadow + pinstripes = justabittoomuch, in my opinion. Outside of that, the creams looked pretty darn good to me.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

count me in on the plus side for the creams. i think they looked gorgeous. i was there in person and you can tell the difference, even sitting in the stands. i thought they looked gorgeous and definitely helped the mets convey that old school look they were going for. if they drop the dropshadow, they're 100% perfect, but even as is, they're still pretty sweet IMO.

sig2024.png

I'm not gonna lie. I had hoped they'd switch to cream for a few years now, and I was a fan of them when they were introduced (except for still containing the drop shadow).

That being said, I couldn't help but think about how the white pinstriped edition is just superior. It just doesn't look right. Works for the Giants, doesn't for the Mets...

Agreed...the cream just looked...wrong. It almost looks loo old for the mets. If anything, they should be going for a 60s look, and if Citi had been designed like that (think dodger stadium) it would have been perfect and suited them much more.

Anubis.png

Agreed...the cream just looked...wrong. It almost looks loo old for the mets. If anything, they should be going for a 60s look, and if Citi had been designed like that (think dodger stadium) it would have been perfect and suited them much more.

That's the thing...they're not bad. They're just not what I thought they would be in action. The white does look better but hell if it keeps them from black hats/equipment/socks more often it'll be fine...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived