NFL Power Rankings '09

Cujo

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After Week2

Explanations now that I've seen the teams play...

1. Baltimore Ravens- A dominant defense, an offense that is coming along= recipe

2. Minnesota Vikings- Yeah a little homerish... But if this offense starts to take shots down the field and can connect :shocked:

3. New York Giants- Eli is cool calm and collected but they didn't WIN the game... Dallas lost it.

4. Atlanta Falcons- A dangerous team now that Tony Gonzalez is getting in the mix. What will New England bring though?

5. Indianapolis Colts- Who needs Dungy? They have 15 min of offense and still win... Impressive.

6. New Orleans Saints- Drew Brees and Marques Colston like each other... A LOT.

7. San Francisco 49ers- They are 2-0, did you think they would be where they are?

8. San Diego Chargers- Tomlinson is a need, they would have won with him I believe.

9. Philadelphia Eagles- Yeah they got thrashed, But James doesnt play there anymore and Vick is coming in.

10. New England Patriots- Yes the Jets are hot, But when you have Brady and Moss you gotta win a game like that.

------------------

28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Rebuilding mode... so they get a pass.

29. Cleveland Browns- What do they even have going for them? Good QB? Good Receiver? Good Coach?

30. Kansas City Chiefs- You score 9 points against the Raiders and Jamarcus busts his way to a win.

31. Jacksonville Jaguars- where to begin... a good start would be relocation.

32. Detroit Lions- They gotta win sometime... right?

10. New England Patriots- Yes the Jets are hot, But when you have Brady and Moss you gotta win a game like that.

After two weeks, I don't see how anyone can have the Patriots as a Top 10 team. The Pats may have a record on 1-1, but have played well below average thus far. On top of that, they could very easliy be 0-2 had the Buffalo Bills not gone "Buffalo Bills" on Monday Night.

And Sguse, no love for the Jets? They haven't allowed an offensive touchdown yet, are alone atop the powerful AFC East, and just knocked off mighty Tom Brady and the Pats!

6uXNWAo.png

After two weeks, I don't see how anyone can have the Patriots as a Top 10 team. The Pats may have a record on 1-1, but have played well below average thus far. On top of that, they could very easliy be 0-2 had the Buffalo Bills not gone "Buffalo Bills" on Monday Night.

And Sguse, no love for the Jets? They haven't allowed an offensive touchdown yet, are alone atop the powerful AFC East, and just knocked off mighty Tom Brady and the Pats!

Experience. Im not doubting the Jets. I like Rex Ryan and the culture he's creating, He definitely learned from Harbaugh in Baltimore on how to handle a rookie QB. I like Thomas Jones paired with Washington. They got a good defense, Revis is lights out and Rhodes is solid. They added some nice pieces on defense which will help them and I think they could get the wild card. And that is because of their wild card in Sanchez. He is a rookie and Tom Brady is a Vet and that is why I like the Pats. The ground game is very poor for New England right now. But if they find one in the stable it will help out a pass game that is 4th in the NFL WITH Brady "struggling". I like the experience of New England but I do think the Jets are turning the corner and have found out who they are.

30) Jaguars (NR)

31) Lions (-)

32) Jaguars (NR)

Wow, you're really down on Jacksonville eh?

Fixed it. I put them at 32 when I wanted them at 30. Then when I switched them I forgot to put the Browns at 32.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

nfl_sm.gifWEEK 3 FINAL

1 » New Orleans Saints

2 » Indianapolis Colts

3 » New York Giants

4 » New York Jets

5 » Baltimore Ravens

6 » Minnesota Vikings

7 » San Diego Chargers

8 » Philadelphia Eagles

9 » San Francisco 49ers

10 » Denver Broncos

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

28 » Carolina Panthers

29 » Washington Redskins

30 » Tampa Bay Buccaneers

31 » Cleveland Browns

32 » St. Louis Rams

6uXNWAo.png

I decided to rank them all

1 New Orleans Saints

2 Baltimore Ravens

3 New York Giants

4 Indianapolis Colts

5 Minnesota Vikings

6 New York Jets

7 New England Patriots

8 Atlanta Falcons

9 Pittsburgh Steelers

10 Philadelphia Eagles

11 San Francisco 49ers

12 San Diego Chargers

13 Chicago Bears

14 Cincinnati Bengals

15 Green Bay Packers

16 Dallas Cowboys

17 Denver Broncos

18 Arizona Cardinals

19 Oakland Raiders

20 Tennessee Titans

21 Seattle Seahawks

22 Buffalo Bills

23 Houston Texans

24 Miami Dolphins

25 Jacksonville Jaguars

26 Carolina Panthers

27 Detroit Lions

28 Kansas City Chiefs

29 Washington Redskins

30 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

31 St. Louis Rams

32 Cleveland Browns

PvO6ZWJ.png

NEP's Week 4 Power Rankings

(1)1. Giants: Eli didn't have to do a lot against the Bucs let the Defense and Run Game handle it.

(2)2. Ravens: Ravens are showing something there not generally known for and that's a passing game to be accompanied by a Run Game and that Defense.

(3)3. Saints: Drew Brees didn't have to throw a single touchdown and he still kept his lead in that category the Saints look dangerous heading into a huge game against the Jets next week.

(4)4. Vikings: They needed only two seconds to show that Brett Favre is in Minny for a reason.

(10)5. Jets: Jets got off to a great start last season but they didn't have near a defense they do this year all thanks to Rex.

(8)T6. Patriots: Still don't seem like the Pats of old but they get another shot at a second year quarterback this week when Tom Terrific meets the Ravens.

(6)T6. Eagles: Kevin Kolb got it done with no McNabb and no Westbrook and Mike Vick didn't really make an impact this upcoming Bye Week will help the Eagles a ton to heal up.

(9)8. Chargers: P-Riv is throwing the ball with consistency and that will help with no LT.

(5)9. Falcons: Falcons showed there weakness in the defense this past weekend against a legit offense they still have to see that Saints twice.

(NR)10. Colts: It took three weeks but they're finally putting together that classic Colts power attack.

-----------------------------------------------

Outside Looking in

11. Broncos

12. Bengals

13. Packers

14. Niners

15. Cowboys

-----------------------------------------------

(NR)28. Panthers: What comes first John Fox benching Jake Delhomme or Ownership giving John Fox his walking papers.

(28)29. Buccaneers: It is now Josh Johnson's turn to try save this sinking ship.

(29)30. Chiefs: This team is still a few years away from being even reasonably good but first thing's first Matt Cassel has to get healthy.

(30)31. Browns: Well Mangini went to Derek Anderson finally but he was worse then Brady Quinn

(32)32. Rams: Now that Lions won the Rams are officially the NFL's worst and the schedule really doesn't help but Week 8 against the Lions should be interesting.

Week 4 Games with impact.

Baltimore @ New England

NY Jets @ New Orleans

San Diego @ Pittsburgh

Green Bay @ Minnesota

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Here are my post 3 updates

Top 5

1 New York Giants (+1)

2 New Orleans Saints (+1)

3 Indianapolis Colts (+1)

4 Baltimore Ravens (new)

5 San Diego Chargers (new)

Bubbling under the top 5- Jets, Patriots, Vikings, Steelers, and Broncos

Bottom 5

32 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-)

31 St Louis Rams (-1)

30 Cleveland Brown (-1)

29 Kansas City Chiefs (-1)

28 Carolina Panthers (-1)

hovering above the bottom 5- Lions, Raiders, Bengals, Redskins, Bills

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

No change at all on the top 5 this week for me.

1) New York Giants (-)

2) Baltimore Ravens (-)

3) New Orleans Saints (-)

4) Indianapolis Colts (-)

5) Minnesota Vikings (-)

-----

30) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (NR)

31) Cleveland Browns (+1)

32) St. Louis Rams (NR)

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived