NFL Power Rankings '09

Cujo

***Hope you guys don't mind me joining the thread so late into the season :oops:

nfl_sm.gifAFTER WEEK 4:

1a. Saints

1b. Giants

3. Vikings

4. Ravens

5. Colts

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

28. Raiders

29. Buccaneers

30. Browns

31. Chiefs

32. Rams

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are my Post week 4 power rankings

1st New York Giants

2nd New Orleans Saints

3rd Indianapolis Colts

4th Baltimore Ravens

5th Minnesota Vikings

(Bubbling under San Diego Chargers, New York Jets, New England Patriots, Denver Broncos, Pittsburgh Steelers)

No change in the top 4, the Vikings taking over from the Chargers in 5th.

Bottom 5

32nd St Louis Rams

31st Tampa Bay Buccaneers

30th Cleveland Browns

29th Kansas City Chiefs

28th Detroit Lions

(balancing just above Carolina Panthers, Oakland Raiders, Buffalo Bills, Jacksonville Jaguars, Washington Redskins)

The Lions enjoyed their week away from the bottom 5, but they need more consistency on defense. The Rams inept performance against the 49ers has them falling to last place, with Tampa Bay getting some relief.

OK,you have to better explain why you have the Jags where you have them. The Titans have not been owned like that in years. They took out Houston @ Houston. They lost to the Colts by 2 at Indy. The one bad game vs Arizona is sticking with you more than it should. Patterns show that the Arizona game was more of a fluke than sign of the times. You just have to explain this to me. I am truly dumbfounded.

Its a bit tough to have Jacksonville as a team I am keeping an eye on, but not Tennessee I'll grant you, but so far the record of teams the Jags have beaten is 2-6, for my eyes at the moment they haven't really stepped beyond the mediocre teams in the bottom half of the league, at the moment. The difficulty is how to rate the Titans at the moment. I'm giving them some slack, at least for 1 more week. But they are the only team I find a compelling case to drop below the Jags, personally.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Not ready to go with my rankings yet this week, just wondered how all you who bashed on the Broncos before a ball was snapped are feeling now? McDaniels not looking so much like a chump now!!!!

(And my low opinion of the Jags doesn't look so bad this morning either!!!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Saintsfans Power Rankings after week 5

Top 5

1 New York Giants

2 New Orleans Saints

3 Indianapolis Colts

4 Minnesota Vikings

5 Denver Broncos

(Bubbling under New England Patriots, Cincy Bengals, San Diego Chargers, Philly Eagles, Seattle Seahawks (if Hasselbeck stays fit))

Bottom 5

32 St Louis Rams

31 Tampa Bay Buccs

30 Kansas City Chiefs

29 Buffalo Bills

28 Cleveland Browns

(keeping there eyes above water Detroit Lions, Tennessee Titans, Oakland Raiders, Washington Redskins, Jacksonville Jaguars (just because I can be a stubborn thing! :rolleyes::rolleyes: )

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

nfl_sm.gifWEEK 5 FINAL

1 » New York Giants

2 » Indianapolis Colts

3 » New Orleans Saints

4 » Denver Broncos

5 » Minnesota Vikings

6 » Cincinnati Bengals

7 » Chicago Bears

8 » Atlanta Falcons

9 » Baltimore Ravens

10 » New York Jets

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

28 » Cleveland Browns

29 » Buffalo Bills

30 » Kansas City Chiefs

31 » Tampa Bay Buccaneers

32 » St. Louis Rams

6uXNWAo.png

1 New York Giants

2 Denver Broncos

3 Indianapolis Colts

4 New Orleans Saints

5 Minnesota Vikings

6 Cincinnati Bengals

7 Atlanta Falcons

8 Chicago Bears

9 Philadelphia Eagles

10 Miami Dolphins

-------------------

28 Washington Redskins

29 Tennessee Titans

30 Buffalo Bills

31 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

32 Saint Louis Rams

6fQjS3M.png

NEP's Week 6 Power Rankings

(1)1. Giants: Manning and Carr split time and both had target practice before their huge game against the Saints this week.

(2)2. Vikings: Yeah it was the Lambs but watching them toy with the Rams was amusing in it's self.

(3)3. Saints: A Bye Week to get prepared for easily the Saints biggest game so far this season.

(5)4. Colts: Peyton showed that the Titans are a bad team and everyone should take notice about the best team in the AFC.

(9)5. Broncos: Broncos downed the first of the ''Big Name Opponents'' in overtime and they can thank Kyle Orton who's looking better and better each week.

(7)6. Eagles: Donovan McNabb shook off his busted ribs and threw 3 TD's in the first half now it's on to Oakland where maybe Mike Vick can get in on the action.

(10)7. Bengals: The Cardiac Cats spoiled another party and thanks to Gus Johnson it made it much more sweeter.

(NR)8. Falcons: Matt Ryan put all the tools that he's capable of using and he showed them off in grand fashion, I thought the Niners D was good?

(4)9. Patriots: It was just one of those games Pats fans are hoping for the Pats don't fair well in Denver now they get to beat up on the once good Titans.

(NR)10. Bears: Niners sucked and the Steelers haven't done enough so the Bears slide in here by not even playing a game.

-----------------------------------------------------

11. Steelers

12. Ravens

13. Jets

14. Niners

15. Cowboys

-----------------------------------------------------

(NR)T28. Titans: They officially are one of the NFL's worst.

(30)T28. Chiefs: They move up one spot because of how they played just two second efforts by Miles Austin away from possibly picking up their first victory.

(31)29. Browns: They took a great effort against the Bengals and did nothing to improve on it yeah it was a win but does this make this team any better then the Raiders or Rams.

(28)30. Buccaneers: Josh Johnson made some really good throws but he made a lot of mistakes as well

(29)31. Raiders: The Rams at least have some respectable names on the Field, Oakland is where players go to die even before their careers have started elsewhere.

(32)32. Lambs: Getting into the Red Zone three times and blowing it on all three, This Team Sucks!

Key Week 6 Matchups

Ravens @ Vikings

Giants @ Saints

Bears @ Falcons

Broncos @ Chargers

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

KING'S

nfl_sm.gif

POWER RANKINGS

============

After Week 5

============

KEY

[NC] = No Change

[NR] = Not Previously Ranked

▲ Top Teams

[NC] ⒈ NYG (5-0)

[NC] ⒉ IND (5-0)

[NC] ⒊ MIN (5-0)

[NC] ⒋ NOS (4-0)

[+2] ⒌ DEN (5-0)

[+5] ⒍ CIN (4-1)

[NR] ⒎ ATL (3-1)

[NC] ⒏ CHI (3-1)

[+3] ⒐ PHI (3-1)

[-4] ⒑ NEP (3-2)

[NR] ⒒ PIT (3-2)

[NR] ⒓ DAL (3-2)

▼ Falling Franchises

[+3] 28. TBB (0-5)

[NR] 29. TEN (0-5)

[NC] 30. CLE (1-4)

[-3] 31. OAK (1-4)

[NC] 32. STL (0-5)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

1 New York Giants

2 Indianapolis Colts

3 New Orleans Saints

4 Minnesota Vikings

5 Cincinnati Bengals

28 Cleveland Browns

29 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

30 Kansas City Chiefs

31 Oakland Raiders

32 St. Louis Rams

I'm still laughing at everyone that had the Bengals in their bottom 5 at the beginning of the season.

PvO6ZWJ.png

1) New York Giants (-)

2) Indianapolis Colts (+1)

3) New Orleans Saints (-1)

4) Minnesota Vikings (-)

5) Denver Broncos (NR)

6) Cincinnati Bengals (NR)

7) Philadelphia Eagles (+2)

8) Atlanta Falcons (NR)

9) New England Patriots (-4)

10) Chicago Bears (-)

-----

28) Kansas City Chiefs (+1)

29) Cleveland Browns (+2)

30) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-)

31) Oakland Raiders (-3)

32) St. Louis Rams (-)

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Top 5

1 New York Giants

2 New Orleans Saints

3 Indianapolis Colts

4 Minnesota Vikings

5 Denver Broncos

(Bubbling under New England Patriots, Cincy Bengals, San Diego Chargers, Philly Eagles, Seattle Seahawks (if Hasselbeck stays fit))

Bottom 5

32 St Louis Rams

31 Tampa Bay Buccs

30 Kansas City Chiefs

29 Buffalo Bills

28 Cleveland Browns

(keeping there eyes above water Detroit Lions, Tennessee Titans, Oakland Raiders, Washington Redskins, Jacksonville Jaguars (just because I can be a stubborn thing! :rolleyes::rolleyes: )

Ugh, i really don't want to be that guy, but im just curious as to how the seahawks can slip into "the bubbling under 5" where the bears (homer pick), jets, or falcons dont make it there. curious about the thought process

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Top 5

1 New York Giants

2 New Orleans Saints

3 Indianapolis Colts

4 Minnesota Vikings

5 Denver Broncos

Bottom 5

32 St Louis Rams

31 Tampa Bay Buccs

30 Kansas City Chiefs

29 Buffalo Bills

28 Cleveland Browns

Ugh, i really don't want to be that guy, but im just curious as to how the seahawks can slip into "the bubbling under 5" where the bears (homer pick), jets, or falcons dont make it there. curious about the thought process

How is Oakland "keeping their eyes above water"? They are the worst or next-to-worst team in the NFL...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

In the Raiders' defense, they beat the winless worthless Chiefs, so they kinda have to be ahead of the 0-5ers. They're really, really, really, bad, though. The other teams are worse. Man, the 2009 NFL blows. Now I kinda get what it's like to be a college fan. I'm gonna go puke on someone's front lawn.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

In the Raiders' defense, they beat the winless worthless Chiefs, so they kinda have to be ahead of the 0-5ers. They're really, really, really, bad, though. The other teams are worse. Man, the 2009 NFL blows. Now I kinda get what it's like to be a college fan. I'm gonna go puke on someone's front lawn.

Josh Johnson is a much better QB as of today than JaMarcus. Johnson is at least mobile.

JaMarcus seems to be like Latarian Milton with Al Davis.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7297350321796511336#

Top 5

1 New York Giants

2 New Orleans Saints

3 Indianapolis Colts

4 Minnesota Vikings

5 Denver Broncos

Bottom 5

32 St Louis Rams

31 Tampa Bay Buccs

30 Kansas City Chiefs

29 Buffalo Bills

28 Cleveland Browns

It is a little odd I admit at face value, but I think Hasselbeck makes a big big difference to the 'hawks, and if he stays fit, they become real contenders, especially out of a week division. Nothing against any of the teams you've mentioned, but for instance the Jets bubble has appeared to burst a little in the last couple of games, the Bears probably suffered from a bye week in my thought process. The Falcons are going well, but haven't really beaten anyone of much note this year yet.

And JQK, I judged the 5 teams in the bottom 5 as worse that the Raiders at the moment, and to be honest, I wouldn't change that assertion. Those are 5 bad teams, just because they don't grab the headlines the Raiders do, doesn't make them better than the Raiders. (at the moment).

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

How can anybody put the Vikings in the top 5 after really looking at the record of the teams they played their opponents are a combined 7-17.

They played the

Browns 1-4

Lions 1-4

49ers 3-2

Packers 2-2

Rams 0-5

I think after this weekend if they handle the Ravens at home it will give more of an indicator that they deserve to be in the top 5.

How can anybody put the Vikings in the top 5 after really looking at the record of the teams they played their opponents are a combined 7-17.

They played the

Browns 1-4

Lions 1-4

49ers 3-2

Packers 2-2

Rams 0-5

I think after this weekend if they handle the Ravens at home it will give more of an indicator that they deserve to be in the top 5.

Personally, although strength of schedule is a factor, I would say its one factor out of many, and the Vikes have looked very strong this season, and have come through clutch situations. I think a team with an elite QB, in Favre, and an elite RB in Peterson, has to be right up there in the rankings if there players are fit and on form.

I am certainly not going to punish a team for having a weak schedule. The Colts for instance haven't had a strong schedule so far either, and the Giants have played Redskins, Cowboys, Buccs, Chiefs and the Raiders (combined record 6-19).

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The NFC North combined has the weakest schedule thanks to Minny, The Pack and the Bears all playing the Lions and playing the NFC West & AFC North, The lions have the hardest schedule out of the NFC North because they play all the last place teams in the NFC (New Orleans 8-8. Washington 8-8) both finished last in their respective divisions.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived