Mascot and Team Color themed tailgating cuisine

B-Rich

Well, Super Bowl time is here, and wonder of wonders, hell has frozen over and my team is in it!

As I mentioned in the original post, I try to do regionally-oriented cuisine for the Super Bowl. With my Saints in the Super Bowl, I have no shortage of local specialties as possibilities: jambalaya, gumbo, red beans & rice, boiled crawfish, blackened redfish, shrimp creole, shrimp or crawfish etoufee, po-boy sandwiches, beignets, king cake, etc. But what is a problem is finding something for Indianapolis. Gee, what in the world are they known for in terms of cuisine or name?

Luckily, I found a great article on ESPN.com (If the Saints Win, New Orleans Mayor Will Get Delicious Food That He Already Has). Using the usual mayoral bet, it describes a similar search for Indy cuisine, and provides the two options I think I will cook up on Super Bowl Sunday (after attending the two daytime Mardi Gras parades-- this WILL be a party day, fo' sho'). They are breaded pork tenderloin sandwiches and a sugar cream pie. Both sound good and seem relatively simple to make. Paired with a pot of gumbo for New Orleans, I think I have the menu covered.

Great choices for Indiana cuisine. If it's Indiana though, gotta add to that some type of corn - roasted corn on the cob or gourmet Indy popcorn

Archived