2009/10 OHL Uniforms

CC97

Templates ahoy!

Also, what's with GUELPH at home and STORM on the road?

It's been that way for years now.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone else think London's jersey looks a little off-white?

London's "whites" are in fact a light cream, a retro vibe to go with the retro logo on the modern jersey template...sigh :down:

Why couldn't they have just stuck with the old logo? One of the best in all of hockey!

I thought so. And I agree about the old logo.

I'm not feeling that 67's dark jersey...

Not bad for the other teams though.

NEEDS to be red.

NEEDS to be BARBERPOLE! (Coming from someone with no love for the 67's)

Extracts from today's Ottawa Citizen, on the subject: (New jerseys mean no barber-pole)

With the Canadian Hockey League's 60 member teams going with the Reebok EDGE system used at the NHL and American Hockey League levels, the 67's are sporting the latest technology.

The new jerseys' design does not allow for the full-on red, white, and black striped barber-pole look of past uniforms. The sweater's main body piece, designed to provide ventilation and breathability, is limited to one colour, making it impossible to have the 67's traditional striped pattern on the entire sweater.

"I've already gotten a few longtime fans who are already disappointed that the traditional barber pole we've always worn is gone," 67's owner Jeff Hunt said. "I wasn't too fussed about it for the coming season, just as long as some element of the barber pole could be preserved," Hunt said, but he made it clear he wants the old look to be new again in the future. "That historical version ... I think is one of the most unique in hockey. I've got to figure out a way that that can be maintained."

So, though it might not be fair to say that the new look was forced on the team by Reebok, it's definitely true that the team would rather have kept their traditional look, and expects to go back to the barberpole sweater sometime in the near future.

Limited to one color, but a gradient's ok? Bwuh?

I was running that one over in my head, also.

I have a difficult time believing that there's no way to produce a striped sweater. My guess is that Reebok didn't want to produce the barberpole because it would have been more complicated and expensive to make. And, might be that with 60 teams to roll out at the same time, they weren't inclined to get involved in anything too ambitious. Perhaps now that the NHL, AHL, and CHL have been taken care of in such a short period, we'll begin to see Reebok rolling out more unique sweaters again as they can afford to spend time addressing the needs of individual teams.

Anyone else think London's black jersey is precisely what Dallas' black jersey should look like? (Though I have no clue why London couldn't keep their last logo on there with these jerseys.)

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

• 2 weeks later...

So, who's seen the new jerseys in action? I have a ticket to the Generals home opener this firday.

It looks from pictures (the few I could find) that a number of teams have also changed their lettering. It looks like Brampton, Kitchener, Kingston, and Owen Sound are completely unchanged.

Oshawa changed their names (from three coloured to two), Sudbury has changed, Saganaw has changed, and Belleville have changed.

If anyone has photos so I can edit the uniforms as they are added to the site, please share!

Here's what I don't get about that London Knights logo: how do you go super neo-retro but use Serpentine? The modernized knight head they were using before was probably the best logo in junior hockey. Definitely NHL-calibre, something you can't say for the Owen Sound Attack or the Niagara IceDogs.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I know some people were surprised (and happy) that Everett kept their evergreen tree design along the hem. It turns out that it does not go all the way around like it used to. There is a gap on each side at the hips where the fabric panels are sewn together.

Also, seeing as how Seattle kept the exact same jersey design as before, why did Plymouth go way off the map with theirs? Makes you wonder what Hartford would have done if they were still in the NHL.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the reason NHL teams didn't have alts or special jerseys the first season of the EDGE jersey was because Reebok had to focus the energy on simply making the 2 sets of jerseys for each of the 30 teams. So now I see this:

kamcan.png

and it makes me think that wasn't true at all.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the reason NHL teams didn't have alts or special jerseys the first season of the EDGE jersey was because Reebok had to focus the energy on simply making the 2 sets of jerseys for each of the 30 teams. So now I see this:

kamcan.png

The NHL being dishonest? Never.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

kamcan.png

I was thinking Reebok but either way. They couldn't make alts or throwbacks for a 30-team league but in a year when they are making jerseys for 60 teams in 3 leagues, they can do one-offs? Doesn't make sense.

kamcan.png

I was thinking Reebok but either way. They couldn't make alts or throwbacks for a 30-team league but in a year when they are making jerseys for 60 teams in 3 leagues, they can do one-offs? Doesn't make sense.

Yea, but that was the first year of edge jerseys. Now that theyre cranking out new edge jerseys for 60 teams after the jersey has been out for 3 years now, i guess alternate/specialty jerseys arent out of the question.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I was knocked off my feet when I saw those jerseys Kingston wore.

That's a move the ECHL or the AHL teams struggling to make a buck would make, not a CHL team.

I love the OHL and this was just an embarrassment, especially after Kitchener busted out this awesome jersey to be a "war memorial" jersey.

On that note, how is Don Cherry related to war memorial occasions? Did he ever fight in a war? I don't think so (I'm not being sarcastic, I don't know)

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I was knocked off my feet when I saw those jerseys Kingston wore.

That's a move the ECHL or the AHL teams struggling to make a buck would make, not a CHL team.

I love the OHL and this was just an embarrassment, especially after Kitchener busted out this awesome jersey to be a "war memorial" jersey.

On that note, how is Don Cherry related to war memorial occasions? Did he ever fight in a war? I don't think so (I'm not being sarcastic, I don't know)

The jerseys are (I believe)a salute to Don, who is a native of Kingston.

Kitchener's jerseys are....Kitchener's jerseys. Save for the brief Yo Samity Sam/sheriff years they've been pretty consistent identity wise. Even then the actual jerseys didn't change, just the logos.

London's new set.....gah. The last set was as close to perfect as is possible for a hockey uniform. The new set is just....uninspired and dull.

Archived