2009/10 OHL Uniforms

CC97

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's some incredible stuff! I'll make sure to add it to the site later.

Got motivated today, complete edge jerseys for Calgary (hitmen), CHilliwack (Bruins) and Seattle (thunderbirds). Also added this beauty to the site:

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=l9yrsb21ampnfeft5xc0gpwoq

Did they really use a dazzle-like fabric on those uniforms? Gross all around.

Got motivated today, complete edge jerseys for Calgary (hitmen), CHilliwack (Bruins) and Seattle (thunderbirds). Also added this beauty to the site:

http://sportslogos.n...pnfeft5xc0gpwoq

Nice work! You are missing the City of Kent patch that is on the shoulder of the Seattle Edge jerseys and on the 2nd set* of the 2008-2009 jerseys. I'll try to get a picture tonight at the game for you.

*Seattle will sell you any players game-worn jersey at any time so it is possible for one player to go through 36 jerseys in a year. The term 2nd set here refers to the jerseys worn after the move from KeyArena in Seattle to the ShoWare Center in Kent.

Nice work! You are missing the City of Kent patch that is on the shoulder of the Seattle Edge jerseys and on the 2nd set* of the 2008-2009 jerseys. I'll try to get a picture tonight at the game for you.

*Seattle will sell you any players game-worn jersey at any time so it is possible for one player to go through 36 jerseys in a year. The term 2nd set here refers to the jerseys worn after the move from KeyArena in Seattle to the ShoWare Center in Kent.

From the photos I found, I didn't even notice that they wore a patch on the shoulder. THere are so few good sources, I can just imagine the things I'm missing even when I find things I think are hard to find! Thanks for the heads up OMMF, if you are able to get a nice shot of the patch, I'll upload it for sure!

From the photos I found, I didn't even notice that they wore a patch on the shoulder. THere are so few good sources, I can just imagine the things I'm missing even when I find things I think are hard to find! Thanks for the heads up OMMF, if you are able to get a nice shot of the patch, I'll upload it for sure!

dsc_5605.jpg

It's just the Kent city logo. The patch is the same on both the home and away jersey so on the whites, it looks like it is embroidered right on the jersey.

Kent-washington-logo.png

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=l9yrsb21ampnfeft5xc0gpwoq

Did they really use a dazzle-like fabric on those uniforms? Gross all around.

Actually they looked great. I really want to get my hands on one of those. A great Remembrance Day sweater.

That Spitfires W logo is sweet. They should use that full-time. It befits them.

I was just checking today's updates and I've come to the conclusion that "Owen Sound Attack" is a horrible name. Let's list the reasons why:

1) "Attack" is too abstract to represent visually, and so their logo is an angry beaver.

2) Goalies aren't attackers. How can you be in net for the Attack? The Attack is defending?

3) Owen Sound is apparently an idyllic little town on Lake Huron. Doesn't seem like they'd do a great deal of attacking.

4) For people unfamiliar with the location, they might partition the name incorrectly and think they're the "Sound Attack" from the town of Owen, much like the ambiguity surrounding the Nippon Ham Fighters.

5) Phonetically, it's just a complete mess. "Owen Sound" flows smoothly off the tongue with nice round vowels and sibilants. It sounds like a lazy stream. It's almost relaxing to say it! Then you tack "ATTACK" on the end with all those hard stops and it wakes you right up. It doesn't work.

So in response to this horrible name, and given what I looked up on the Attack franchise's lineage, I offer this, an Ontarian variation on The Jazz Should. The team in Guelph should once again be the Guelph Platers because Guelph was and maybe is known for its electroplating industry and that's what the Attack was originally called there, and the team in Owen Sound should be the Storm, because it's reasonable to believe that there might be a storm on the lake.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That Spitfires W logo is sweet. They should use that full-time. It befits them.

I was just checking today's updates and I've come to the conclusion that "Owen Sound Attack" is a horrible name. Let's list the reasons why:

1) "Attack" is too abstract to represent visually, and so their logo is an angry beaver.

2) Goalies aren't attackers. How can you be in net for the Attack? The Attack is defending?

3) Owen Sound is apparently an idyllic little town on Lake Huron. Doesn't seem like they'd do a great deal of attacking.

4) For people unfamiliar with the location, they might partition the name incorrectly and think they're the "Sound Attack" from the town of Owen, much like the ambiguity surrounding the Nippon Ham Fighters.

5) Phonetically, it's just a complete mess. "Owen Sound" flows smoothly off the tongue with nice round vowels and sibilants. It sounds like a lazy stream. It's almost relaxing to say it! Then you tack "ATTACK" on the end with all those hard stops and it wakes you right up. It doesn't work.

So in response to this horrible name, and given what I looked up on the Attack franchise's lineage, I offer this, an Ontarian variation on The Jazz Should. The team in Guelph should once again be the Guelph Platers because Guelph was and maybe is known for its electroplating industry and that's what the Attack was originally called there, and the team in Owen Sound should be the Storm, because it's reasonable to believe that there might be a storm on the lake.

I've actually thought the same thing myself. One of my favorite things about MOST OHL teams is that the nickname has something to do with the city the team is from. In a weird twist, my hometown team, the Battalion, are not one of those. But the point i'm trying to make here is that this is really a case where the ball was dropped. The uniforms are original, but that's all I'll say. Is the logo a beaver or a bear? I don't know, too hard to tell. What is "attack-ish" about the town of Owen Sound? For that matter, how are they even big enough to support an OHL team? Last time I check they only have 21 thousand people. So about slightly less than a quarter of the people from owen sound would fill the arena?

But back to the point here...

The largest rainbow trout in the world was caught in Owen Sound. Maybe do something like fishers? heck, even trout would be a better name. It's also know for the snowmobile paths, maybe something on that note? They also have something called "the festival or northern lights." which in essence is just a glorified christmas lights display, but maybe something to the effect of "north lights" would be a little better. I know i'm reaching for ideas here, it just seems like the owners got really lazy in re-naming this team.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived