NHL 09-10 Changes

KrazyHorse

_RH_ - I took the photo, therefore it is camera phone quality.

Oh I see, you saw it in person? Is this the photo that was possibly going to be shown today? :)

Yes, the very same. But no, I have decided to wait a little longer.

You dirty tease! :P

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.... even better if it's the Nordiques' blue hue (a well-deserved tribute)...

What kind of tribute? I am so fed up by the NHL using the Vintage Bandwagon to make big money with Nordiques, Jets and Whalers logos. The NHL did not want teams in these cities and the make money out of it. Avs fans, you should be very glad of the Nordiques, they just gave two Stanley Cups on a silver plate. However the best to honor Quebec is to lobby the NHL for a return of the Old Capital in the NHL.

As far as the 3rd Jersey is concern, I am not impressed at all. Burgundy is Avalanche and Avalanche is Burgundy.

It Should Be Lawful for the Queen of Hockey Land, by and with the Advice and the Consent of the Sinners and the House of Pain, to Make Laws for Pucks, Hot Dogs and Good Government...

What kind of tribute? I am so fed up by the NHL using the Vintage Bandwagon to make big money with Nordiques, Jets and Whalers logos. The NHL did not want teams in these cities and the make money out of it. Avs fans, you should be very glad of the Nordiques, they just gave two Stanley Cups on a silver plate. However the best to honor Quebec is to lobby the NHL for a return of the Old Capital in the NHL.

From your lips to god's ears.

The new alt is meh, I suspect I'll have to see it in person to get a good opinion on it. If the shoulder yoke is rounded rather than pointed, it may not be too bad.

Avalanche.png

Man, never in my wildest dreams did I expect it to get THIS much publicity. I bet Icethetics is upset they missed this scoop. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

.... even better if it's the Nordiques' blue hue (a well-deserved tribute)...

As far as the 3rd Jersey is concern, I am not impressed at all. Burgundy is Avalanche and Avalanche is Burgundy.

That's such a lie about the NHL not wanting them there, the economics of sports is why the teams left. They couldn't pay the money it took to build new arenas. When players are asking for millions of dollars and teams can't afford them due to how much a team makes as far as the collective bargaining agreement and how they make money has nothing to do with the league wanting or not wanting a team in a city. It has to do with the agreement between the players and the owners and how teams make money. That's an owners/city issue, not a league issue.

That's such a lie about the NHL not wanting them there, the economics of sports is why the teams left. They couldn't pay the money it took to build new arenas. When players are asking for millions of dollars and teams can't afford them due to how much a team makes as far as the collective bargaining agreement and how they make money has nothing to do with the league wanting or not wanting a team in a city. It has to do with the agreement between the players and the owners and how teams make money. That's an owners/city issue, not a league issue.

Know what's funny about this?

Think back 15 years or so...all the teams that either moved or threatened to move...Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Edmonton, Hartford, Winnipeg, Quebec...throw in the teams who experienced bankruptcy, Buffalo and Ottawa. You'll notice the NHL fought like hell for Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and Ottawa; Edmonton was teetering on the edge until an enormous group of local investors saved the team (while the NHL diddled itself), and Bettman just left the Nordiques, Jets, and Whalers to die.

The NHL will fight for their own cities, "NHL cities", but the WHA cities were left to fend for themselves. So don't tell me it wasn't a league issue as well as an owner/city issue. You can bet a dollar to a donut that if Bettman was personally responsible for bringing the four WHA teams into the league, he would have found a way by hook or by crook to keep them in their original cities.

Avalanche.png

Ok I will do that for you! No problem!

Thanks for posting this btw!

No worries. Just went and read that thread... man, you'll be a legend soon. I may post a pic on sunday, but I'm still mulling it over.

I love some of the things that those people have said... they will soon be eating their words. ^_^

you should post it!!

And they will be eating their words big time...

haha

what made you the way you are...

rocketis6.png

Think back 15 years or so...all the teams that either moved or threatened to move...Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Edmonton, Hartford, Winnipeg, Quebec...throw in the teams who experienced bankruptcy, Buffalo and Ottawa. You'll notice the NHL fought like hell for Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and Ottawa; Edmonton was teetering on the edge until an enormous group of local investors saved the team (while the NHL diddled itself), and Bettman just left the Nordiques, Jets, and Whalers to die.

The NHL will fight for their own cities, "NHL cities", but the WHA cities were left to fend for themselves. So don't tell me it wasn't a league issue as well as an owner/city issue. You can bet a dollar to a donut that if Bettman was personally responsible for bringing the four WHA teams into the league, he would have found a way by hook or by crook to keep them in their original cities.

Weren't Phoenix, Denver, and Ottawa all in the WHA at one point?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ha-ha? :blink:

Hi, how are you?

Yes. None of them were merged into the NHL though. If they had been, and Hartford and Winnipeg were NHL expansion teams in the 90s, my guess is Hartford and Winnipeg would have been fiercely protected, and Ottawa and Phoenix would have been hung out to dry, and Denver probably would have been too.

Ha-ha? :blink:

True.

Avalanche.png

They were, the Phoenix Roadrunners were around for three seasons in the WHA. Denver had the Spurs, which played a whopping 34 games in the WHA before being sold and moved to Ottawa. Then Ottawa original had the Nationals, who after one season moved to Toronto, then moved to Birmingham a couple years later, and that was actually one of the franchises that survived until the end, and of course the aforementioned Spurs who lasted only 7 games in Ottawa before folding before the season ended.

The Rangers will be bringing back the Liberty jerseys (at least that was the plan at last check-in with my source). It was supposed to be this season, but it sounds like that is being pushed back to 10-11/11-12.

While I loved the Rangers liberty jersey, I would like to see them go classy and vintage. The liberty jersey didn't really scream "Original 6" to me.

Instead, I would rather see them go back to one of their older concepts, I believe they wore something similar to this in the 40s:

rangersw.png

Simple, plain, and classy :)

70389454.png

I think what he's getting at is that the Nordiques, Jets, and Whalers were somewhat begrudgingly allowed into the league, and it took the eradication of their rosters to let them in (something from which they arugably never recovered, the Jets worst of all, going from a dynasty to Edmonton's annual first round tune-up to worse to Phoenix). It's not a reach to say that a lot of the powerful owners of the late '90s--think Wirtz, Molson, MLSE, Jacobs--didn't see fit to save interlopers. The Blackhawks organization notoriously reserved special enmity for old Hull-stealing Winnipeg, with Foley and Tallon going out of their way to rip the town and team on broadcasts.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Rangers will be bringing back the Liberty jerseys (at least that was the plan at last check-in with my source). It was supposed to be this season, but it sounds like that is being pushed back to 10-11/11-12.

While I loved the Rangers liberty jersey, I would like to see them go classy and vintage. The liberty jersey didn't really scream "Original 6" to me.

Instead, I would rather see them go back to one of their older concepts, I believe they wore something similar to this in the 40s:

rangersw.png

'46-47 season only:

Rangers12.png

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

I think what he's getting at is that the Nordiques, Jets, and Whalers were somewhat begrudgingly allowed into the league, and it took the eradication of their rosters to let them in (something from which they arugably never recovered, the Jets worst of all, going from a dynasty to Edmonton's annual first round tune-up to worse to Phoenix). It's not a reach to say that a lot of the powerful owners of the late '90s--think Wirtz, Molson, MLSE, Jacobs--didn't see fit to save interlopers. The Blackhawks organization notoriously reserved special enmity for old Hull-stealing Winnipeg, with Foley and Tallon going out of their way to rip the town and team on broadcasts.

Perhaps, but let me add that the NHL would have never considered adding Hartford and Winnipeg in the 90s either.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

rangersw.png

'46-47 season only:

Rangers12.png

The only problem now is that Dallas has somewhat done the same concept. I know they got a lot of crap for it, but I'm one of the few that liked Dallas' third. It was simple and very "college" looking, which is fine in my book.

70389454.png

Archived