NHL 09-10 Changes

KrazyHorse

The NHL logo looks really awkward on that collar. It looks like they just took a vintage replica jersey and sewed the shield on. They should have at least altered the collar to make the NHL logo look natural. The 30th patch also looks out of place. I wonder who's idea it was to put a mostly black patch on a jersey with no black at all? Oh well, at least they didn't come out with another black jersey.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NHL logo looks stupid with the collar they chose.

Which is really interesting - this is the first Reebok Edge jersey to have a pre-Edge "traditional" collar. Wonder how much more of that will be in store in the future.

The retro is nice, but still not as good as what the Flames had pre-Edge. And I'm dumbfounded that they're actually using that anniversary logo.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Wow! Personally I love the "retro" movement in the NHL. As an Islander fan, I was thrilled to learn that they were going back to their original jerseys of '72-'73, then when I heard they were most likely going to be made primaries in a year or two, I exploded in joy. These older jerseys had so much color, and were so much classier and sharp looking. Hopefully, in a few years, we'll see the Islanders, Oilers and Flyers wearing retro jerseys or varients thereof on a full time basis. That will make for one nice looking NHL.

New York Yankees~27 World Championships

From the Facebook posting on the Flames' jerseys:

The vintage uniforms will be worn for the following five home games this season:

October 1 vs. Vancouver - Home Opener

October 6 vs. Montreal

January 2 vs. Toronto - Retro Night

January 30 vs. Edmonton - Stampede Night & Hockey Day in Canada

March 11 vs. Ottawa - Jersey Off Our Back

Damn. Only 5 times? I would've loved to have the Rangers see those when they're in town November 7th. All vs. Canadian teams too, which obviously is no coincidence.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Really disappointed that we won't get to see these unis more often but it would be sweet on the 30th if Edmonton had a white retro alternate bringing it all the way back to the glory days of the Battle of Alberta.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I think they look very good for the most part. Their collar would have looked better if they just went with an Edge collar design like the Blackhawks. Right now the NHL logo just looks out of place. And the anniversary patch is terrible. The jersey itself is fantastic. I think the Flames could look great with black, but have never really used it well. So losing it all together might be the best move for them.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Any chance the Penguins will have a Mellon Arena patch?

According to this they have abandoned the idea. 'Tis a shame, really.

Could the reason be because a "Mellon" arena patch would constitute advertising, which the NHL currently doesn't allow? I know that's why MLB and NFL teams use generic logos for their stadium commemorations.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Any chance the Penguins will have a Mellon Arena patch?

According to this they have abandoned the idea. 'Tis a shame, really.

Could the reason be because a "Mellon" arena patch would constitute advertising, which the NHL currently doesn't allow? I know that's why MLB and NFL teams use generic logos for their stadium commemorations.

Devils patch for inaugural game at the Rock had Prudential Center on it.

http://www.nhlpatche...auguralrock.htm

I give them credit for having straight sleeve stripes, unlike the ones that curve to conform to the template used by the Kings, Stars, and Habs.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Some people seem to be mentioning the stripes are too big. Well, I think they are the original stripes. In fact, that jersey appears to be the original cut from the pictures. Look at it - no cut in the fabric on the side waist, no side panels, a pre-Edge collar (albeit with an NHL logo slapped onto the bottom), and the shoulder yoke appears to come down farther on the arm than the Edge yokes do. Also, if you look at the rendering on the Flames website, the cut of the jersey is not an Edge type (and no rounded hemline). I think this is a non-Edge throwback, like one of the jerseys Montreal had to celebrate their anniversary.

Some people seem to be mentioning the stripes are too big. Well, I think they are the original stripes. In fact, that jersey appears to be the original cut from the pictures. Look at it - no cut in the fabric on the side waist, no side panels, a pre-Edge collar (albeit with an NHL logo slapped onto the bottom), and the shoulder yoke appears to come down farther on the arm than the Edge yokes do. Also, if you look at the rendering on the Flames website, the cut of the jersey is not an Edge type (and no rounded hemline). I think this is a non-Edge throwback, like one of the jerseys Montreal had to celebrate their anniversary.

It's not an Edge jersey, but the stripe proportions are not original.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Reebok has been selling these jerseys (Flames) in Youth sizes for the past two months. In addition, they did not have the NHL patch on the collar nor have Reebok tagging. Oddly enough, they have the 'CCM' patch on the bottom right hem.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The article on NHL.com mentions that they uniform will also have red helmets and gloves. No mention of the pant color. If they trot out wearing black pants it would completely ruin the look, imo.

As mentioned, the bottom stripe proportion is wrong.

It looks as if they've just taken the 1989 retro's that have been for sale for the past few years, taken the SC patch off, slapped on the NHL logo, added the front tag, and added the 30th anniv. patch, because that's what the stripes looked like on those.

Regardless, looks good (allows me to crack out my authentic I bought in 1993), and I assume that they will wear red shells over black pants for the 5 games...good to see they're making sure its done right with glove and helmets in red.

Archived