NHL 09-10 Changes

KrazyHorse

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like them, or actually--I love them.

They remain my favorite Flames jerseys, well those & the matching home ones.

As far as the four main styles the Flames have worn, I'd rank them

1-Original style

2-The ones prior to the Edge style (But not the horse third--those deserve to never be seen again.)

3-Current--which are only okay

4-the pedestal style--barely okay...

SO a step in the right direction is what these are--simple, classic, and staying away from black--which is not needed.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Any chance the Penguins will have a Mellon Arena patch?

According to this they have abandoned the idea. 'Tis a shame, really.

Could the reason be because a "Mellon" arena patch would constitute advertising, which the NHL currently doesn't allow? I know that's why MLB and NFL teams use generic logos for their stadium commemorations.

Devils patch for inaugural game at the Rock had Prudential Center on it.

http://www.nhlpatche...auguralrock.htm

Was that really the patch that was worn on the jerseys though? I wouldn't think that lettering would look good on a small stitched patch - I thought they went with something a little more stripped down... not sure though.

I like them, or actually--I love them.

They remain my favorite Flames jerseys, well those & the matching home ones.

As far as the four main styles the Flames have worn, I'd rank them

1-Original style

2-The ones prior to the Edge style (But not the horse third--those deserve to never be seen again.)

3-Current--which are only okay

4-the pedestal style--barely okay...

SO a step in the right direction is what these are--simple, classic, and staying away from black--which is not needed.

I loved their pre-edge. Only really got to see them that year they made it to the cup finals, but I thought they looked great.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Could the reason be because a "Mellon" arena patch would constitute advertising, which the NHL currently doesn't allow? I know that's why MLB and NFL teams use generic logos for their stadium commemorations.

Was that really the patch that was worn on the jerseys though? I wouldn't think that lettering would look good on a small stitched patch - I thought they went with something a little more stripped down... not sure though.

Hmm, thought I had changed that link. Anyway, if you look here, you can see there is some writing beneath "Opening Night" but one of our Devils fans here might be able to clear this up.

http://www.nhlpatches.info/patches/NJD/njd_inauguralrock.htm

You know what, put some thin black trim on each of the stripes there and you have a modern/timeless Flames sweater. Most extra black is ugly and useless, but just the slightest bit of black to separate red and yellow is rather striking. It doesn't work for every team. It doesn't even work for the Chiefs. Looks good on the Flames, though.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Looks like the numerals on the Sharks jerseys

The Sharks have a bottom serif on their "4" though, correct?

From the Iginla replica, looks like the number font is close to the original, but not quite there. The "1"s on the originals had this funky top serif, which was kind of a rhombus hanging off the main stroke. I think NHL referees still use this particular numeral font.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

so the Wild finally added the sweater to purchase on there site, i say it looks really good

p6479315dt.jpg

from

http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3729017&cp=3176438&clickid=body_bestsell_img

definitely going to sell a lot of these sweaters

I really like the Wild 3rd. Very clean and traditional looking.

It is a very nice jersey, but the wordmark seems more suited to be a cowboy related team.

untitled-6.jpg

Hmm, thought I had changed that link. Anyway, if you look here, you can see there is some writing beneath "Opening Night" but one of our Devils fans here might be able to clear this up.

http://www.nhlpatches.info/patches/NJD/njd_inauguralrock.htm

They wore the patch for the first game and first game only.

I've seen a few teams in the rookie tournaments using dark helmets with white jerseys. Is that normal?

Yes, the teams probably travel lighter than they normally would and only bring one set of helmets.

Archived