NHL 09-10 Changes

KrazyHorse

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish the Bruins used a different logo, they used that one for a very short period of time. The brown on the jersey stripes seem almost black in that picture. The Flyers jersey is nice but boring. Not much they can do though. Least favorite Winter Classic in terms of style, IMO.

I wish the Bruins used a different logo, they used that one for a very short period of time. The brown on the jersey stripes seem almost black in that picture. The Flyers jersey is nice but boring. Not much they can do though. Least favorite Winter Classic in terms of style, IMO.

There is no brown on the Bruins sweater. It's black, affected by the lighting.

patriotssignature.png

The Flyers Winter Classic jersey will be unveiled on friday.

Most likely it will look something like this... (I Hope)!

winterclassicjerseycopy.jpg

This is what they SHOULD have went with. I just watched the live event on the Flyers site and the collar is flip flopped black/orange and not orange/black. Yeah, it's somewhat minor, but for ****ing consistency's sake, they should have made the first half of the collar the color of the sleeve stripes (like on the orange version) and then black. 9/10 because of the head hole **** up. I'll still buy one.

The logo spokes and circle look fairly brown, though. Is that the lighting issue to which you refer? Because if the logo's brown while everything else on the jersey is black, toot-toot, here comes the failboat.

If, however, it's all done in black, :censored: , I think the NHL just suckered me out of more money.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Flyers Winter Classic jersey will be unveiled on friday.

Most likely it will look something like this... (I Hope)!

winterclassicjerseycopy.jpg

This is what they SHOULD have went with. I just watched the live event on the Flyers site and the collar is flip flopped black/orange and not orange/black. Yeah, it's somewhat minor, but for ****ing consistency's sake, they should have made the first half of the collar the color of the sleeve stripes (like on the orange version) and then black. 9/10 because of the head hole **** up. I'll still buy one.

I'm fine with the collar...that is how it was on the original Flyers jerseys....However, I see no point to the black name plate. :mad:

Really? Looks 100% brown to me. :cry:

Here is a low quality image to hold us over until better ones surface, including ones showing the black nameplate.

3909599381_2af76ee7e7_o.png

This image showing the nameplate was shared at HFBoards by Jeff6582.

37881991.jpg

Oh, now what the hell is that?

I understand consistency, but when it looks that dumb, uh, no. This century has been a steady series of uniform downgrades for the Flyers.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I love that the Bruins are wearing a yellow jersey. I just wish that it was a yellow jersey that they actually wore. Right now, this jersey is number one on my list to get.

The black nameplate on the Flyers jersey looks horrible, much worse than the white nameplate on the orange jersey. Terrible decision to use that nameplate.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

That's about the lamest B-spoke I've ever seen. The giant B would definitely have been the way to go IMO.

The Flyers jersey would look a million times better if they dropped the black nameplate, and made the area under the bottom orange stripe black, so it blended in with the pants and avoided the diaper effect.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

From the Preds' Steve Sullivan via Twitter (@Sully26):

"Preds fans going to see Taylor Swift tonight, pay very close attention to her encore.... might be a very special surprise for you guys!!"

Speculation among Preds fans is she might be wearing their 3rd jersey during said encore. Or Sully is singing a duet with her. I'm hoping it's the former rather than the latter.

I'll keep y'all posted.

Archived