NHL 09-10 Changes

KrazyHorse

Flames will roll out a 3rd jersey, First thoughts were that is was going to be a retro jersey seeing it's there 30th season in Calgary but now things are leaning to bringing back the black with a new logo Early September is the possible release date.

Unless something's changed 180 degrees in the last month, I have it on pretty good authority that the new alternate is to be shelved this year, maybe for good.

The new 3rd (supposedly black) jersey was in the making for the last couple years, went through all the approvals with the league for both the design and the new secondary logo, and was ready for release for next season...so it is real and tangible and exsists. However, when it came down to it in the past few months, upper level Flames management, even after going through the whole design and approval process, ended up deciding the final product didn't feel as the right identity and/or could tie all the new design elements together to be 100% happy with it to release.

So at last report, its on hold for this year.

Instead, look for a red retro uniform set, possibly the old Atlanta jerseys, to make several appearances for the 30th anniversairy Flames season this upcoming year.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think when we see the Flames alternate and if they plan to go the retro root it won't be the Atlanta Flames it will be from the 89' cup season

It would make sense, but just going on what I've heard that it may be the Atlanta version of those jersey's.

In either case, retro is not the long term plan (right now) as the official full time alternates, just 6-10 times this year...however after going through all the hoops for the mothballed new alternate jersey, I don't know if the Flames want to start from square 1 again in the tedious design and approval process anytime soon, for a brand new alternate.

If that turns out to be the case, either the retro's go as the full time alternates after this season (as I think they will be a fan favourite), or the black alternate that has been created is possibly tweaked a little to satisfy those in charge, or even released as is, for '10-'11.

i am assuming that the islanders will change their primary jersey to their 3rd from last year since tavares wore it on draft day, so we may possibly see a white version of the retro as well...

and as far as the sabres are concerned i believe it is even this or next season that they will change their alternate to the primary and finally retire the disaster that is the buffaslug...i don't know if they are changing it for their 40th year or 4oth season...something about that is always messed up

I think the Islanders tried to get the 3rds to become their full time home, but either missed some deadline or the league said not yet. But definitely next season. They'll try to wear them as much as they can now. Honestly I hope they keep the current whites as the roads, just hoping they ditch the shoulder stripes, or try a different alt logo.

Same deal with Buffalo I think.

If im the Kings I would used the greatest 3rd jerseys of all-time as the home jerseys and make a white version for the road.

Why would you want the Kings to wear this?

19858387_tp.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Am i the only one who does not like the Liberty Head jerseys? Folks, they really ain't that good. The Rangers regular threads are some of the best uniforms in the game... the Libert Heads, in my opinion, never were. They're down there with the Bruins pooh-bear dayglo yellow jerseys...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Yeah, the Liberty Heads were ugly. Teams from New York oughtn't beat you over the noggin with the fact that they play in New York. You should know who New York's sports teams are already.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If im the Kings I would used the greatest 3rd jerseys of all-time as the home jerseys and make a white version for the road.

19858387_tp.jpg

Oh no sodboys i'm meant the Kings current 3rd jersey and I would makes the alt. logo as the primary. Since you mentioned the Rangers I know that thier jerseys are classics but I wouldn't mind if the Rangers change to those.

I think when we see the Flames alternate and if they plan to go the retro root it won't be the Atlanta Flames it will be from the 89' cup season

TenLannyC.jpg

Besides the "A" changing to a "C", the jerseys are virtually the same--the collars on the red ones are a little different in the striping--that's about it.

I'd love to see them--they're still my favorite Flames jersey--followed by the ones they had before the revamp.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

19858387_tp.jpg

I think he means this:

kingsthirdjersey.jpg

Along with changing the team's name to the Los Angeles Burger Kings.

IeHVybT.png

I just want the Penguins to introduce a shoulder patch and have it be the old circle logo with the logo inside and reading "pittsburgh penguins" around it (http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/user_pictures/0008/6570/1918_pittsburgh_penguins_logo_2_profile_page.jpg) in the black and gold, but back to the original yellow, the steelers black & yellow. None of this vegas gold but it won't happen (the colour part) but the shoulder patches would look nice.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

The Rangers will be bringing back the Liberty jerseys (at least that was the plan at last check-in with my source). It was supposed to be this season, but it sounds like that is being pushed back to 10-11/11-12.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Archived