NHL 09-10 Changes

KrazyHorse

I haven't understood the delayed unveiling the past two years.

I know some of them were still being worked on, but if you already have the uniform decided on and made, why not just release it?

You can start selling it, you don't risk a leak, and you can get it into NHL 10 without the stupid code :P

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know some of them were still being worked on, but if you already have the uniform decided on and made, why not just release it?

You can start selling it, you don't risk a leak, and you can get it into NHL 10 without the stupid code :P

AMEN!

UniJ

It's called building anticipation, and creating word-of-mouth. This way, you can create two jersey rushes during the course of a regular season, one right before the first game, and another when the alternate is released.

And I think they're using the maroon shoulder yokes because the Edge template allows for it, and because the Sharks rocked the ever-loving holy :censored: out of them last year.

(I am a fan of the Edge-era Sharks jerseys.)

Ninja edit: It's pretty sad that you guys are more concerned that the alts are being released later not for the aesthetic reasons that this site was designed for, but rather because you poor monkeys have to enter A WHOLE CODE INTO NHL 10.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Think of it this way, by unvailing the new jersey at a game, rather than a press conference, I can sell tickets to fans on the premise of a great promotion. Therefore, I fill the arena and promote the merchandise at the same time. This is good from a business/sales/marketing standpoint.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

Think of it this way, by unvailing the new jersey at a game, rather than a press conference, I can sell tickets to fans on the premise of a great promotion. Therefore, I fill the arena and promote the merchandise at the same time. This is good from a business/sales/marketing standpoint.

The Colorado Avalanche shouldn't need a promotion to get people in the door. In fact nobody should... you're telling me the Avs (in an American "hockey market") aren't selling enough tickets?

6fQjS3M.png

No one is going to shell out money to attend a jersey promotion night unless they were willing to pay to attend the game anyways. Especially in a US hockey market. I personally don't like baseball. Although I like uniforms in general, there is no way I would pay to attend any baseball jersey unveiling.

DEATH TO REEBOK

Heard something about the Anaheim Ducks getting a new logo?? Care to confirm this or what?

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

The Colorado Avalanche shouldn't need a promotion to get people in the door. In fact nobody should...

This doesn't take into account the sad state of affairs in the NHL in which teams are either terribly mismanaged (Avs) or in the awkward position of selling hockey tickets to cities that have never been particularly interested in buying hockey tickets (numerous). When teams exist as arena tenants rather than sports teams, it takes promotions to fill seats. That's the reality of it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Colorado Avalanche shouldn't need a promotion to get people in the door. In fact nobody should...

This doesn't take into account the sad state of affairs in the NHL in which teams are either terribly mismanaged (Avs) or in the awkward position of selling hockey tickets to cities that have never been particularly interested in buying hockey tickets (numerous). When teams exist as arena tenants rather than sports teams, it takes promotions to fill seats. That's the reality of it.

Exactly. If the Av's (or any team in the NHL) believes that promotions will fill seats, they will try it. For that matter, the Av's will also have a mascot promotional night this season.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

Heard something about the Anaheim Ducks getting a new logo?? Care to confirm this or what?

False

Thank you. sir.. wanted to know... also I wonder how long before the Ducks decide to switch the wordmark logo on the jersey for that really cool D logo??? That would be easy for sure....

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

False

Thank you. sir.. wanted to know... also I wonder how long before the Ducks decide to switch the wordmark logo on the jersey for that really cool D logo??? That would be easy for sure....

They changed the center ice logo from the "Ducks" to "D" and they are using the D in a lot more places.

The Ducks are going to have an alternate jersey next season ('10-'11) and almost everyone expects the "D" to be on the 3rd jersey.

But I doubt they'll be switching to the "D" on the normal home/away in the near future.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived