• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We did!

Yellow = Mustard, Urine

Lime Green = Barf

Red = Ketchup

Brown = Poop

It's either human waste or hot dog toppings.

If ketchup is a hot dog topping, you're a waste of a human.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

How many types of stripes does Calgary have?

1. Thin red "piping"

2. Yellow and red (bottom of jersey)

3. Yellow and white (pants)

4. Red, yellow, white, black (sleeves and sides)

5. Black, red, yellow (socks)

Add to this the fact that the font for the names isn't outlined the same way that the numbers are and there are two totally irrelevant flags on the shoulders. Surely they have the most incongruous set in the league.

81a8d515c26baa2ff79e53827e6114a6-getty-90960865jj207_flames_oilers.jpg

We did!

Yellow = Mustard, Urine

Lime Green = Barf

Red = Ketchup

Brown = Poop

It's either human waste or hot dog toppings.

If ketchup is a hot dog topping, you're a waste of a human.

Anyone that puts ketchup on a hotdog should be burned in hell.

I for one am so sick of throwbacks.

It essentially says, we don't have enough creativity to come up with a new designs/jersey/logo, so we'll just go back and use something already made up.

Just my .02 cents, but I'm not a huge throwback fan as an alternate or full time jersey. A throwback night or whatever is ok, but not like they are doing now.

2ly2w09.jpg

True, but some teams got it right the first time and "over designed" their current jerseys so they go back to a look that the fans buy better. I am guessing the #1 thing that a team considers when designing a jersey is "Will people buy this?" If the old jersey sold well and the new ones don't guess what their gonna do.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I for one am so sick of throwbacks.

It essentially says, we don't have enough creativity to come up with a new designs/jersey/logo, so we'll just go back and use something already made up.

Just my .02 cents, but I'm not a huge throwback fan as an alternate or full time jersey. A throwback night or whatever is ok, but not like they are doing now.

That's because 99% of all new designs, absolutely SUCK!

Well here something that might come about. Apparently Marcel Aubut and Quebec City mayor Regis Labeaume met with Gary Bettman. Rumors are Quebec City is getting a new state of the art arena and there could be an NHL attendant there in the next couple of years. Anyone know of any teams (apart from the Coyotes) who are up for sale?

P.S I know this isn't a change but it could very well be as the article has said more press releases in the next few days.

Here's the story

Well here something that might come about. Apparently Marcel Aubut and Quebec City mayor Regis Labeaume met with Gary Bettman. Rumors are Quebec City is getting a new state of the art arena and there could be an NHL attendant there in the next couple of years. Anyone know of any teams (apart from the Coyotes) who are up for sale?

P.S I know this isn't a change but it could very well be as the article has said more press releases in the next few days.

Here's the story

If they're going to whine about Hamilton messing with Toronto and Buffalo's crowds, what do you think would happen with Montreal?

Considering most people won't drive 160 miles each way to go to a Habs game from QC, and that in the heyday Quebec fans hated the Canadiens (and vice versa), I'd say it's a non-issue.

It's like asking "How would Winnipeg affect the Wild's crowds." And the answer, to quote Nigel Tufnel, is "none."

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Yes, but 160 miles is far enough away for it to be a non-issue. If Hamilton weren't 40 miles from Toronto and 70 from Buffalo, it wouldn't be an issue there, either. But it's RIGHT IN BETWEEN TWO EXISTING MARKETS, and infringes on both television territories. That's a problem.

QC is its own media market. Not a problem. Apples and oranges.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

While it is its own media market, I'm sure the Canadiens have claimed squatter's rights over the entire province, and would object to losing television viewership in Quebec City and environs. Could there be an arrangement similar to the Astros and Rangers, where both teams get to claim all of Quebec as their broadcast territory? I'm not sure of what the arrangement was when the Nordiques were in town. I don't know much about French-Canadian telecommunications, but I'm sure Quebec City has long had Canadiens telecasts.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

While it is its own media market, I'm sure the Canadiens have claimed squatter's rights over the entire province, and would object to losing television viewership in Quebec City and environs. Could there be an arrangement similar to the Astros and Rangers, where both teams get to claim all of Quebec as their broadcast territory? I'm not sure of what the arrangement was when the Nordiques were in town. I don't know much about French-Canadian telecommunications, but I'm sure Quebec City has long had Canadiens telecasts.

I don't know what the arrangement was when Quebec City was in the NHL, but in that time, there were a lot more local stations carrying games in much smaller broadcast ranges -- specifically, I remember watching Flames games growing up on CICT (Calgary 7) and their repeater in Lethbridge. There were games on Hockey Night in Canada on CBC periodically, but that was the only sort of regional or national coverage teams would get. And this was even before the advent of the doubleheader; it was one game a night, and it usually featured the Maple Leafs.

Today, any situation with Montreal and Quebec City could be quite similar to what currently goes on with Edmonton and Calgary. Both the Flames and Oilers have contracts with Rogers Sportsnet West to cover the bulk of their games. Living in Edmonton, I see a fair number of Flames games on Sportsnet West. They have different broadcast crews for each team; if they're playing each other, the home team's broadcasters call the game. If they happen to be playing different teams on the same night, Sportsnet carries one game, and the other one usually goes on pay-per-view. So I guess both teams claim Alberta -- along with Saskatchewan and Manitoba, which Sportsnet West also covers -- as their broadcast territory.

According to the Habs' Wikipedia page, the bulk of their games are covered by RDS, so the same sort of scenario could play out with them, or someone else -- Radio-Canada, TV5, TVA or Sportsnet East. Heck, even a couple of them could get in on it if they decide to sell both English- and French-language rights.

I don't know if that answered your question or not. It's late and I'm rambling.

Just saw on the NHL website for selling jerseys. They have the Predators new alternate jersey custom numbering but the numbering is their current font. If you look at NHLuniforms, the Nashville 3rd is a solid white number in a generic font. Which one is the true font?

436066_NHL_Custom_Jerseys_656x184.jpg

NHL.com

Predators10.png

NHL Uniforms

http://s631.photobucket.com/albums/uu37/Jonas1235/?action=view&current=nashville.jpg

The jersey on nhl.shop.com has the wrong numbers on the jersey.

(Not sure how to post a picture here...) Sorry.

Considering that NHL Shop is still using the Calgary Flames' numbering and lettering from two uniform styles and nine years ago, this isn't too much of a surprise.

52-lb-1-8-brown-paper-grocery-bag-500-bd.jpg

Cristobal Huet

In his defense, he did stop a shot last night.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived