NHL 09-10 Changes

KrazyHorse

Well here something that might come about. Apparently Marcel Aubut and Quebec City mayor Regis Labeaume met with Gary Bettman. Rumors are Quebec City is getting a new state of the art arena and there could be an NHL attendant there in the next couple of years. Anyone know of any teams (apart from the Coyotes) who are up for sale?

P.S I know this isn't a change but it could very well be as the article has said more press releases in the next few days.

Here's the story

The Islanders if they won't let Charles Wang build his Lighthouse Project, as well as the Panthers and Thrashers; both of whom are having big ownership and attendance problems.

Rob

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so I'm watching the 'Canes-Devils game and I noticed something. Apologies if this has been covered before. Anyway, the part on the Devils collar that has the NHL shield is black on their jerseys. However: http://shop.nhl.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2626973&cp=3176613&clickid=body_bestsell_img ... it's red there. Anyone have a Devils jersey that can clarify this? And how does this happen?

A little more something about the Preds' new thirds. The Twitter for their front office (LINK!) tweeted this picture a few weeks back featuring the pants shells to be used with the thirds:

app1439971255189324.jpg

Notice the new "NP" logo on the leg. Pretty slick, I think, though it doesn't mesh too well with the rest of their ID.

A little more something about the Preds' new thirds. The Twitter for their front office (LINK!) tweeted this picture a few weeks back featuring the pants shells to be used with the thirds:

app1439971255189324.jpg

Notice the new "NP" logo on the leg. Pretty slick, I think, though it doesn't mesh too well with the rest of their ID.

Looks like a monogram for a banquet hall or something. And as you said, it has precisely nothing to do with the rest of their identity.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

app1439971255189324.jpg

Looks like a monogram for a banquet hall or something. And as you said, it has precisely nothing to do with the rest of their identity.

Whats the point, just for the little NP? They already have solid blue pants to being with.....waste.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

When I see NP, I think of the abbreviation for "no problem".

Unfortunately, I see a big problem here - it looks silly and minor-league. It adds absolutely nothing to the package, and if anything, brings it down several notches.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On NHL.com today they have a feature on special jerseys. The list also mentiond that the Florida Panthers will be debuting their third on the 23rd of november against the Pittsburgh Penguins. It also mentiond that the Avalance will debut their 3rd in november, but it was unspecified when they will play in it.

app1439971255189324.jpg

Whats the point, just for the little NP? They already have solid blue pants to being with.....waste.

Mimics the "NJ" moniker in the Devils logo.

On NHL.com today they have a feature on special jerseys. The list also mentiond that the Florida Panthers will be debuting their third on the 23rd of november against the Pittsburgh Penguins. It also mentiond that the Avalance will debut their 3rd in november, but it was unspecified when they will play in it.

23rd of NOV. I got to go to that. I'm silently hoping for a Yellow Jersey.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Which is ironic considering the Devils threatened to move to Nashville a year or two before Nashville was awarded their expansion.

irony

- 5 dictionary results

i⋅ro⋅ny

 /ˈaɪrəni, ˈaɪər-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Show IPA

Use irony in a Sentence

See web results for irony

See images of irony

?noun, plural -nies.

1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, ?How nice!? when I said I had to work all weekend.

2. Literature.

a. a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.

b. (esp. in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., esp. as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.

3. Socratic irony.

4. dramatic irony.

5. an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.

6. the incongruity of this.

7. an objectively sardonic style of speech or writing.

8. an objectively or humorously sardonic utterance, disposition, quality, etc.

Origin:

DEATH TO REEBOK

irony

- 5 dictionary results

i⋅ro⋅ny

 /ˈaɪrəni, ˈaɪər-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-]

?noun, plural -nies.

1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, ?How nice!? when I said I had to work all weekend.

2. Literature.

a. a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.

b. (esp. in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., esp. as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.

3. Socratic irony.

4. dramatic irony.

Thank you, Webster.

Which is ironic considering the Devils threatened to move to Nashville a year or two before Nashville was awarded their expansion.

irony

- 5 dictionary results

i⋅ro⋅ny

 /ˈaɪrəni, ˈaɪər-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Show IPA

Use irony in a Sentence

See web results for irony

See images of irony

?noun, plural -nies.

2. Literature.

3. Socratic irony.

4. dramatic irony.

Origin:

Is it that one? :P

Archived