NHL 09-10 Changes

KrazyHorse

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this was covered, but I realized tonight the Islanders center ice has their alternate logo on it, a la Sabres

islanders should just pick one logo them have the actual islander as an alternate cuz all the change is color

Ummm....what?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Mimics the "NJ" moniker in the Devils logo.

Which is ironic considering the Devils threatened to move to Nashville a year or two before Nashville was awarded their expansion.

irony

- 5 dictionary results

i⋅ro⋅ny

 /ˈaɪrəni, ˈaɪər-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Show IPA

Use irony in a Sentence

See web results for irony

See images of irony

?noun, plural -nies.

1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, ?How nice!? when I said I had to work all weekend.

2. Literature.

a. a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.

b. (esp. in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., esp. as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.

3. Socratic irony.

4. dramatic irony.

5. an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.

6. the incongruity of this.

7. an objectively sardonic style of speech or writing.

8. an objectively or humorously sardonic utterance, disposition, quality, etc.

Origin:

Is it that one? :P

Irony is not a bunch of coincidences.

irony

DEATH TO REEBOK

Not sure if this was covered, but I realized tonight the Islanders center ice has their alternate logo on it, a la Sabres

islanders should just pick one logo them have the actual islander as an alternate cuz all the change is color

Ummm....what?

Uh.....duh........just pick one logo them have!!!! cuz all the change is color!

people these days just don't understand

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I believe they started doing this last February. I was at a game last season, and I noticed the lighter color in the Isles logo. The reason for this is, in 2010-11, the Islanders will return to the thirds as a full time home jersey, and introducing a new road jersey, remenicent of the original uniform set of 1972-73.

New York Yankees~27 World Championships

I believe they started doing this last February. I was at a game last season, and I noticed the lighter color in the Isles logo. The reason for this is, in 2010-11, the Islanders will return to the thirds as a full time home jersey, and introducing a new road jersey, remenicent of the original uniform set of 1972-73.

makes more sense now and i dont see why they just didnt do the new logo at the same time not just change in the middle of the season

Colorado Avalanche third jersey has been seen in a store. There's a picture on icethetics.info

It looks exactly like the concept that was made earlier.

And people thought I was lying.

Forshame!

:D

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

From the NHL article: Florida -- The Panthers will debut a new third jersey design Nov. 23 in a home game against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

I was starting to think (hope?) they didn't exist. Is the favorite still a light blue faux throwback? I searched and didn't find anything (and I think I've kept up on this thread).

I think I'd prefer tubby34's suggestion of a yellow before adding another color to an already full palette. Red, of course, would be preferred, but the Edge look has grown on me a slight bit because of the increased amount of red on the sleeves. I guess I'm saying it could have been worse, and I hope this new third isn't the realization of that.

From the NHL article: Florida -- The Panthers will debut a new third jersey design Nov. 23 in a home game against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

I was starting to think (hope?) they didn't exist.

The alternate, or the Florida Panthers?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Last night on their "Big Mouths" segment, the Flyers commentary team of Jim Jackson, Keith Jones, Steve Coates, and Bill Clement described their least favorite uniforms.

Bill Clement didn't like the original Vancouver stick in rink because he felt it was too boring, color-wise and logo-wise. He loved the colors they switched to, but hated the "V" for victory uniform design.

Keith Jones picked on Nashville's "mustard, vomit color" alternates, and also didn't like the logo on it.

Steve Coates put on a fisherman's hat to illustrate the garbage that was the Islanders wavy teal, orange and silver set.

Jim Jackson likes Chicago's unis and the Golden Seals unis (especially the white skates), although the Seals pick may have been a joke.

The mustardvomit sweaters were the ones with the three-quarter tiger, right? I don't know why, but I sorta like that logo in all its gaudy glory. I say if your logo is going to be the chrome-plated fossilized remains of a sabertoothed tiger glaring and showing its fangs as if to attack you even though it's clearly dead, then go all out and make it pseudo-3D. I can't and won't defend the sweater color, though. Someone should've spoken up and said "no, just no," like Mike Keenan did with that clown-ass Blues alternate.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I was starting to think (hope?) they didn't exist.

The alternate, or the Florida Panthers?

Sure, gloat now that Chicago remembered an NHL team exists at the United Center. :)

I was starting to think (hope?) they didn't exist. Is the favorite still a light blue faux throwback? I searched and didn't find anything (and I think I've kept up on this thread).

I think I'd prefer tubby34's suggestion of a yellow before adding another color to an already full palette. Red, of course, would be preferred, but the Edge look has grown on me a slight bit because of the increased amount of red on the sleeves. I guess I'm saying it could have been worse, and I hope this new third isn't the realization of that.

I'm hoping for a red alternate. Yellow worst case. Adding a light blue alt just makes no sense. Just flip the home navy set around(red w/blue on the sleeves) and your set. Maybe change to the primary logo with the cat snapping the stick. I've come to like the Edge jerseys as well and a simple color swap would be fine by me.

I vaguely remember hearing about the alt back in the Spring, but forgot about it until the recent announcement of the Nov. 23rd unveiling. I certainly hope light blue is not what we're looking at. One thing is for sure, it will be tough for the alternate uniforms to suck as bad as the team itself does :cry: . That would take something like rainbow stripes and, instead of a logo, a big picture of Jacques Martin's head on the front.

Archived