NHL 09-10 Changes

KrazyHorse

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i found the Philadelphia Flyers Winter classic jersey at the Athlete's Foot in Cherry Hill Mall in NJ today, they jersey has a bigger edge cut to it but the fabric they are useing looks and feels like the CCM/KOHO jerseys that we use to have. didnt have time to try it on since we were in a rush with it being black friday and all.

Also it was only $125 not the $219 they want for it on NHL.com

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

Never thought I would be saying that the Nashville Predators have one of the better and at least more original third jersey. At least they didn't put the predator head in a circle with Nashville Predators around it.

I hope these become their primary jerseys eventually.

70389454.png

Just watched the Canucks and Oilers in Vancouver. Oilers were in the darks and Canucks in the whites...just like it should be!

i went to the pens-isles game on 11/27, the pens wore thier light blue unis and the isles wore thier whites at home, and damn do those white unis look good on home ice. the whole nhl needs to go back to home whites/ alts and colored/alts for road.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

I don't know if anyone has mentioned anything yet, but the Winter Classic Flyers' jerseys have the black nameplate bar on the back of the replicas for the youth jerseys. I have not yet seen the adult sizes but I am willing to bet they will be the same way...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I don't know if anyone has mentioned anything yet, but the Winter Classic Flyers' jerseys have the black nameplate bar on the back of the replicas for the youth jerseys. I have not yet seen the adult sizes but I am willing to bet they will be the same way...

Yes they do, saw then on black friday

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

Just watched the Canucks and Oilers in Vancouver. Oilers were in the darks and Canucks in the whites...just like it should be!

i went to the pens-isles game on 11/27, the pens wore thier light blue unis and the isles wore thier whites at home, and damn do those white unis look good on home ice. the whole nhl needs to go back to home whites/ alts and colored/alts for road.

Why would you guys want your home team to not be displayed in full colors on home ice? I don't understand that line of thinking.

Why would you guys want your home team to not be displayed in full colors on home ice? I don't understand that line of thinking.

So you can see every other team's colours. Instead of it always being white, you can have blues, greens, and reds coming in.

Hi, how are you?

So you can see every other team's colours. Instead of it always being white, you can have blues, greens, and reds coming in.

But as soon as your team releases an alt jersey, and it's colored, then you'll complain that you never get to see it at home, blah blah blah.

It's the argument that never ends.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

So then stop having alternate jerseys. They're stupid.

Count me in for white at home with the exception of the Canadiens, who would get to do the Cowboys thing and basically have one uniform. It's more interesting to take your team colors on the road, so to speak, and it helps differentiate the various opponents who come through town.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The best solution would be to follow the CHL motto and wear whites at home for half the season than darks at home for the rest of it. That way, you get a good mixture of both jerseys!

Another suggestion - make an alternate jersey NOT require another set of helmets or breezers...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I think it should be totally up to the team. If they both wanna wear colored jerseys, that's ok as long as they don't clash. I say this mainly because I like colored jerseys at home because it gives more of a feeling of the uniqueness of that city and or team when you see different colors every city you're in, rather than seeing white in every city. This is especially true in the playoffs in places like Washington or Philadelphia where everyone is wearing the same color as the team on the ice. In terms of variety, it benefits fans watching their team on road games that way, but with the flexibility of being able to wear white at home, it also benefits fans watching their team when they're at home. In short, no matter where teams play, you could see anything. If soccer can do it, so can hockey.

Plus with that rule the pens could actually wear white at home when they do Whiteouts. :D

oBIgzrL.png

That argument doesn't hold much water these days. With cable television these days you can see your team any given night. So the jerseys you see aren't limited to what teams wear for your team's home games. Yeah, every game in Ottawa may be red vs white (or black vs white if they wear their alternate sweaters) but you can watch them on the road against almost every other team. So you still get to see jersey variety.

Also, most teams' "iconic" jerseys are the dark ones, so it makes sense for them to wear those at home. The Blackhawks, Habs, Rangers, etc... are all associated with their dark sweaters, so it should be those that the home fans get to see.

Plus alternates make it more practical to wear whites on the road anyway. And yes admiral, alternates aren't necessary, and you make a good case for them to be done away with. They're here to stay though, so they have to be taken into consideration.

So, for once, the NHL has it right. Darks at home, whites on the road. Other then that, I would support a system similar to English football. Both teams wear their darks unless there's a clash. If Montréal plays Toronto, we get red vs blue. If Montréal's in Chicago the next night though, they wear white. I know the All Star Game a few years ago proved that even different coloured dark jerseys can clash, but in the age of HD that shouldn't be a problem any longer.

The best solution would be to follow the CHL motto and wear whites at home for half the season than darks at home for the rest of it. That way, you get a good mixture of both jerseys!

Unless the WHL does it differently, you have that backwards. Teams wear white for their home openers then wear darks until after the Christmas break when they switch back to whites for the remainder of the season.

From icethetics...

Just a heads up for next season. Although I'm drawing conclusions based on current marketing efforts by the Vancouver Canucks I think we should look to expect the end of the "orca whale C" logo next season and seeing the stick-in-rink third jersey come into full time use.

Why, you ask? First, the new ownership group renamed operations away from Orca Bay Sports and Entertainment to Canucks Sports. Second, the current third jersey is used exclusively in current marketing and branding efforts, including the team website. In fact, the players are wearing this one whenever they do public appearances, hospital visits, etc.

Third, the stick-in-rink and "Johnny Canuck" logos now dominate team store merchandise and team merchandise available throughout the province. And likely the biggest clue are the huge price reductions and promos offered through the team store encouraging people to buy the current orca whale jersey. The ads even say "orca whale jersey" in ways that clearly distinguish it from the more popular current third. Every week there's a new incentive being advertised on Vancouver sports radio from the team store to sell off this jersey.

Will Canucks fans finally get their wish? All signs are pointing in that direction.

Link

Archived