NHL 09-10 Changes

KrazyHorse

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that the Flames current set is a huge downgrade. I have always loved their pre-Edge design and long wanted it to return. However, last night as I was taking some pictures of my Flames pre-Edge white jersey for my jersey blog, I couldn't help but thinking that the triangular striping design seems very 90's (even though it was mostly worn during the 2000's). Anywho, the current design is bad.

As for the Kings, I agree about the fact that the system carryover kinda ruined it, but I don't think their look is bad, just not perfect. I think their problem is the whole too many styles thing, the current stuff, the throwback stuff, and the purple-heavy stuff. Pick one idea to use as full time, use the other as an alternate. This is what they have now, only people like the alternate more than the full time stuff.

As a Kings fan, I don't really care for the current jersey, especially with "Los Angeles" on the hem. I prefered the purple of the prior set with either logo over the black. I like the white version, and the third is better than the current black home, especially since the numbers pop off the jersey more. I hate the current number set, just go back to a standard block font and I'm just tired of the black look, it's old. If you're going to do black, then do it as a simple accent and go with purple, yellow, and black accent to make the yellow pop off the jersey. I would have no problem if the Kings changed to something more classier and simpler and less "cutesy". Leave the "cutesy" for the team down the freeway.

The Ducks don't really look cutesy anymore. Their colors are black and beige. They look like a soulless hockey organization that fills arena dates without being a cherished civic institution. Just a self-contained entity. They could be anything anywhere.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I have to agree that the Flames set is one of the worst current sets. Just a whole lot of design elements slapped together that don't form a harmonious whole at all. I would also say that post edge Dallas is one of weakest sets as well, but for the opposite reason. They barely use what I think is a great logo anymore, and the city name arched over a number jerseys at just... nothing. There's nothing there that's interesting. They could possibly be redeemed by adding a hem stripe or something back to them.

The Senators are also a candidate for "worst set" IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

The Flames definitly suffered the biggest downgrade during the switch to Edge

I live in Calgary and everytime theres a Flames game I am subjected to throngs of Bandwagon fans wearing Hideous Replica's of what has to be the worst uniform set in the history of the NHL (Yep, the Ducks Wild Wing Jersey has nothing on them). You got intersecting Vertical and Horizontal stripes on the hem (Pick One!), Piping that inexplicably ends for no reason and those god awful flags which make them look like rainbow clown suits. All the more maddening because The Pre - Edge design was perfect

I live in Calgary and everytime theres a Flames game I am subjected to throngs of Bandwagon fans wearing Hideous Replica's of what has to be the worst uniform set in the history of the NHL (Yep, the Ducks Wild Wing Jersey has nothing on them). You got intersecting Vertical and Horizontal stripes on the hem (Pick One!), Piping that inexplicably ends for no reason and those god awful flags which make them look like rainbow clown suits. All the more maddening because The Pre - Edge design was perfect

It's certainly not good, and you are correct about the ridiculous intersection of the vertical and horizontal stripes, and the piping, and the flags, and the fact that the pre-edge design was perfect, but it's definitely not the worst uniform in the NHL today, let alone in the history of the league. I could probably name five current uniforms that are worse.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I dunno. I'd say they're neck-and-neck with the Avalanche in the "ruined by Edge" department.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I dunno. I'd say they're neck-and-neck with the Avalanche in the "ruined by Edge" department.

Boy did Reebok ever kill one of the better modern jersey sets in the league when they gave the Avalanche the same template as so many other teams in the league. The Av's blue third jersey doesn't help either.

I would say the same thing about the Flames (going from a nice modern design, to the cluttered set that they have now).

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

Boy did Reebok ever kill one of the better modern jersey sets in the league when they gave the Avalanche the same template as so many other teams in the league. The Av's blue third jersey doesn't help either.

I would say the same thing about the Flames (going from a nice modern design, to the cluttered set that they have now).

ageed. I think the Avs were the worst butchered by RBK. While I don't like the Flames' jersey, it doesn't scream ugly to me as much as the Avs' does.

The Ducks don't really look cutesy anymore. Their colors are black and beige. They look like a soulless hockey organization that fills arena dates without being a cherished civic institution. Just a self-contained entity. They could be anything anywhere.

I agree. They're new colors don't fit. The colors remind me of autumn and Anaheim, California is not a place that has as Autumn.

ageed. I think the Avs were the worst butchered by RBK. While I don't like the Flames' jersey, it doesn't scream ugly to me as much as the Avs' does.

As far as botch-jobs from the switch over to the edge go, I'd say it starts with Edmonton (they got it the worst) then moves to Colorado, Florida, Nashville, and to a lesser extent, Toronto.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Dallas is another team that got butchered by the switch to Edge. I thought the Star Outline jerseys looked great. The Green and Gold colours were refreshing and the logo is pure class. Now they got boring soulless collegiate jerseys with pointless front numbers, hardly any stripes and no green.

According to a Wild broadcast a few days ago, the Wild will be wearing North Stars jerseys next season. I don't know if there is much truth to this, but I guess we will see as it gets closer.

if this is true, they better have paid the stars a pretty penny.

i'm not a fan of this news at all.

According to a Wild broadcast a few days ago, the Wild will be wearing North Stars jerseys next season. I don't know if there is much truth to this, but I guess we will see as it gets closer.

North Stars jerseys? Really?

:blink:

I just slapped myself to make sure I am not having a nightmare ... Damn it I am not dreaming.

I hope this is not true.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Hard to claim the Stars' history is dear when they forgot to put green in their home uniforms.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Speaking of the Wild, just read on uniwatch about how they are ditching the striped pants for next season. Don't know if it has been mentioned before about them getting new uniforms or not. Something that I never realized was that their alts are darker than their regular uniforms until now. If they are, I hope the home and road actually match and they don't go the way of their alts by using the word mark instead of their actual kickass logo.

Speaking of the Wild, just read on uniwatch about how they are ditching the striped pants for next season. Don't know if it has been mentioned before about them getting new uniforms or not. Something that I never realized was that their alts are darker than their regular uniforms until now. If they are, I hope the home and road actually match and they don't go the way of their alts by using the word mark instead of their actual kickass logo.

Like this...

WildJerseySet.png

;)

They should have done that when everyone made the switch to EDGE. But, now the red is sort of getting old and they need to go back to green full time. I like the style of their current alt, minus the word mark, of course. I'm not a fan of the logo in circle, either. Why shrink a great looking logo?

Archived